2010.09.14 - Defense Team News Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the time they called a press conference that we did not have some sort of 'heads up' on? Perhaps, they are just trying to head off what we are going to see in the next doc dump. I'd love to see Mason be replaced. If that happens I'll be going "Yippeee", thud, "Yippeee", thud..., unless it will be a plea deal and then it will be

THUD.

Hmmm, does this mean the Anthony's are doing something before tomorrow? Don't we usually get the HEY! Look over HERE! Not at the defense! before they do something like a press conference? Ooh, or maybe that's the point of the press conference if a doc dump is coming soon! Since the Anthony's are now MIA (yeah, we'll see how long that lasts), the defense has to do the distracting now!

And just SHOOT ME NOW if this is just more whining. I am so SICK of the whining! Between them and my stepdaughter, I've had more than my fill of it!

Hmmm...interesting...

Wonder if this is somehow related to tweet by Jim L on Sarah Lundy (OS) twitter...??

Media reports this weekend that doc dump is expected THIS WEEK...

Two hours ago, Jim Lichtenstein posts tweet on Sarah Lundy twitter (not his own) that he was supposed to fly to Orlando this week for discovery docs and tapes for Today Show, but that it has been delayed until NEXT WEEK...

(http://twitter.com/OSsarahlundy/news)

TWO HOURS LATER.....Orlando Sentinel reports Defense Team News Conference tomorrow morning.....

So WHO tipped off Jim L before he boarded a plane?

And why would SA now delay release of docs by a week??????

Hmmm...interesting...

Wonder if this is somehow related to tweet by Jim L on Sarah Lundy (OS) twitter...??

Media reports this weekend that doc dump is expected THIS WEEK...

Two hours ago, Jim Lichtenstein posts tweet on Sarah Lundy twitter (not his own) that he was supposed to fly to Orlando this week for discovery docs and tapes for Today Show, but that it has been delayed until NEXT WEEK...

(http://twitter.com/OSsarahlundy/news)

TWO HOURS LATER.....Orlando Sentinel reports Defense Team News Conference tomorrow morning.....

So WHO tipped off Jim L before he boarded a plane?

And why would SA now delay release of docs by a week??????

Hmmmm, very very interesting! I'm expecting a lot of coughing and uh no, we aren't doing a movie to make more money, why would anyone think that? HEY, DOC DUMP! LOOKIT THAT! lol. They might actually use the doc dump as the distraction this time! Wouldn't that be a hoot?

The only thing important enough that would require calling a press conference would be if they found Zanny. :rolleyes: Otherwise, I couldn't care less about their rhetoric.

If an attorney is leaving, file a motion to withdraw. If one is joining the defense team, file a notice of appearance. We get the docs and we will figure it out. If this is to spin their new strategy and defame Yuri, save it for trial and present that BS story to the jury. I cannot think of a single reason the defense would need to call a press conference. If a gag order were in place, they couldn't, so....I'm thinking it can't be THAT important.

Hey Beach :) Can you tell me if this is normal behaviour for lawyers to hold press conferences in cases like these? I'm confused about what is standard operating procedure.

I mean do lawyers representing defendants in death penalty cases normally hold press conferences before their client has gone to trial.

Hey Beach :) Can you tell me if this is normal behaviour for lawyers to hold press conferences in cases like these? I'm confused about what is standard operating procedure.

I mean do lawyers representing defendants in death penalty cases normally hold press conferences before their client has gone to trial.

I don't know, but what I do know is this ain't a normal case, and these ain't normal lawyers. I'd think normal, good lawyers probably wouldn't throw news conferences around like candy, but that's just me. They're probably just going to whine some more, that's their usual thing.

JVM just said that Baez is ripping the "lead detective" in CA case...coming up after commercial, of course.

Yuri supposedly hid evidence.....

About the smell in the car, no doubt. Has Baez ever smelled that car, I wonder? Or a dead body for that matter? OOOOOH, he makes me so mad over crap like that!

If he's using a dang news conference just to bash Yuri more....oooh, my blood is going to BOIL! What time is this news conference, anyway? Then again, I might not want to watch it.

Since the Greer trial will be next year, maybe Mr Mason will announce that he is too busy to handle both. Maybe he will say good-bye to KC's case. :waitasec:

I don't know, but what I do know is this ain't a normal case, and these ain't normal lawyers. I'd think normal, good lawyers probably wouldn't throw news conferences around like candy, but that's just me. They're probably just going to whine some more, that's their usual thing.

Poor wording by me, I know we can't expect anything normal about this case or Baez but I was wondering if other attorneys do this sort of thing?

Baez is pretty predictable, IMO. ITA, about not watching it, but I know I'll be a rubbernecker and just have to watch it. I might just not get up until 8:55, log in and see if I can catch it before my first cup of coffee, that way I won't have too much caffenine going thru my system as he speaks.

I don't know why, but this is giving me a sick feeling....I can't remember the last time the defense called a formal press conference, either. Could it have something to do with the Notice of Filing of Affidavits of Service today?? And JB/CM bashing YM???

ETA : No legal knowledge here, just trying to figure out what the heck is going on....I have a feeling they're gonna start accusing the state PUBLICLY of withholding what they consider "exculpatory" evidence....

JVM just said that Baez is ripping the "lead detective" in CA case...coming up after commercial, of course.

Yuri supposedly hid evidence.....

Yeah, sure he did. uhhuh. :rolleyes:

Just more hooey.
imo:cow:

I think it is the ultimate in ironic press conferences: I bet they are calling the news to complain about the media.

I just read your news update and was about to start a thread, ty.
What could be so big as to warrant a news conference? I'm hoping it
doesn't have anything to do with that new evidence JB and Mason were blabbing about.

Casey Anthony defense team calls Tuesday press conference

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ony-press-conference-20100913,0,7444523.story

Snipped:

It was not immediately clear what will be discussed at the press conference to be held at attorney Jose Baez's Kissimmee office at 9 a.m.

Baez and Mason are expected to hold the press conference, but Mason's legal assistant said today she could not confirm the topic of the conference.

Unless this is to announce that they begged for and got a plea deal of LWOP, they have nothing worthwhile to say, IMO. Just more bluster, fingerpointing and whining probably....

YAY.. we had a small clip of the WEBSLEUTHS HEADER and someones post on JVM!!!!!! i feel famous...llol.. even if i just read and make comments,,,LOL yay US!!!

Yuri never blogged about the investigation or his findings...oooh, that defense atty burns me up !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid