2010.09.14 - Defense Team News Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
The spin starts here .....

This is just an opportunity to make a [fake] revelation about the belated discovery (that LDB informed JB about) as well as YM's deposition to both portray that they have 'new' information that is significant and needs 'investigating', as well as was not investigated by LE -- since YM was totally focused on ICA and not these other perps.

This is the best opportunity yet that the Defense have had to cause a seachange in opinion, they don't have anything but they are going to play it for all it is worth ... and then some.

Sheesh! Spin ... spin ... spin.

Hmmm more attempts to get 'evidence' and 'suspicions' he'll never be able to air in court into the ears of potential jurors. Otherwise, are any of these press conferences doing his client any good? IMO it is just adding fuel to the fire.

Yuri never blogged about the investigation or his findings...oooh, that defense atty burns me up !

Sadly they'll seek a LOT of airtime to slime YM with the blogging when he was a lead investigator on the case .... the true facts and his broken leg will get lost and buried in the hype to ... "Fuhrman" YM.

JW on HLN seems to be an agent to get this hype out.

Folks will focus on and remember the headlines not the details...

BBM

But, the defense wants to put their spin on it.

If you can't exculpate, obfuscate.

Well Baez doesn't usually call press conferences, but he usually causes a mild ruckus about something off centre, when there are docs or information about to be released that we haven't yet.:loser:

So, provided he is staying true to form and he's blabbing complete empty rhetoric, what exactly IS coming down the pike in those docs.:waitasec:

Cause the only time I want to see him face on TV is to announce they have reached a plea deal for LWOP. Other than that - it's just air/gas littering.

Perhaps this news conference is so Jose Baez can formally announce that an eyewitness has come forward who will completely exhonerate Casey Anthony from any culpability in the death of Caylee?

Who is this new eyewitness?

Well, Curtis Jackson....you know, the guy whose letter to the jail inquiring about Casey Anthony's inmate #, address, attorneys contact information was just filed in the Case Docket (provided by MM)

Guess Jose just hasn't spent the time figuring out yet that Mr. Jackson has been in prison IN MICHIGAN since 1999.....

This upcoming document dump must be pretty good...I can't wait !

Oh, good point. That's right, he usually tries to put some spin out there when he knows there is something coming in a doc dump he doesn't like. Wonder why the doc dump has been pushed back a week? Also, anyone connected with this case better be getting ready to duck. According to the defense the only innocent person in this mess is Casey Anthony everyone else is suspect.

JVM just said that Baez is ripping the "lead detective" in CA case...coming up after commercial, of course.

Yuri supposedly hid evidence.....

Is this something that has been spoken of before? Or is this more Baez BS?

I just cannot believe Yuri would do that?

Me too. I admit I haven't been following this as closely as before but I am having a hard time believing misconduct from Yuri. Sounds like more JB spew to me........

Perhaps this news conference is so Jose Baez can formally announce that an eyewitness has come forward who will completely exhonerate Casey Anthony from any culpability in the death of Caylee?

Who is this new eyewitness?

Well, Curtis Jackson....you know, the guy whose letter to the jail inquiring about Casey Anthony's inmate #, address, attorneys contact information was just filed in the Case Docket (provided by MM)

Guess Jose just hasn't spent the time figuring out yet that Mr. Jackson has been in prison IN MICHIGAN since 1999.....

Maybe Mason is going to resign - he's been in the press quite a bit with his other case, and he knows he's in a :loser: position with ICA - good excuse to get out while the opportunity is there. Besides, Baez isn't giving him the type of respect he thinks he deserves - seems to be doing joe boy stuff instead of anything "big" or "real".

Oh, good point. That's right, he usually tries to put some spin out there when he knows there is something coming in a doc dump he doesn't like. Wonder why the doc dump has been pushed back a week? Also, anyone connected with this case better be getting ready to duck. According to the defense the only innocent person in this mess is Casey Anthony everyone else is suspect.

You're lucky you're on the other side of the world. At least you can't be blamed. :angel::innocent:
:cow:

In the news conference Baez will shovel dirt onto Yuri - making LE look incompetent or corrupt will help his client, so he might think. He'll be smearing Yuri and banking on the idea that people generally think where's there's smoke, there's fire therefore Yuri is corrupt.

Of course I really have no idea what the news conference will be about, but that's my guess.

I'll say this though, if I'm right, Baez has already overplayed his hand by trashing Tim Miller, who is a good man and all around good human being. So people see that Baez is full of crap and as a result they are far less likely to believe any accusations he makes against a member of LE.

My opinions only.

Unless it's news of a plea deal, it's just the same-o blabbity, blabbity, blah, blab before a doc-bomb. :loser:

I don't know, but what I do know is this ain't a normal case, and these ain't normal lawyers. I'd think normal, good lawyers probably wouldn't throw news conferences around like candy, but that's just me. They're probably just going to whine some more, that's their usual thing.

I am a VP of public relations and no, this is not normal procedure. The media hates news conferences because they have to drop everything and be at a certain spot at a certain time. Not only that, but they have to have a camera man and a reporter to ask questions, so it is costly for them.

Media outlets are looking to cut costs. Most stations only have skeleton crews before 10 a.m. that are available to go out to get stories. If the station, such as FOX here in NC, does not have an early evening 5-6 p.m. newscast, then they don't have reporters and photographers available until after 2 p.m. (the work 2-11).

Then, they will often times, pay "stringers" independent cameramen who get paid by the story, to run around town chasing police radio traffic events.

The only reasons you call a news conference are 1) to release time sensitive information that needs to be released at the same time to all the media so that it does not leak out, or 2) for breaking news that you cannot release by other means to the media such as a news release, email, phone call, during a crisis situation and it is most expedient to have a news conference so that all the media is informed.

In my professional opinion, the only news related to this case that would warrant a news conference is the following:

1) KC has decided to accept a plea deal.
2) JB is ending his representation of KC (and it would have to be for a really good reason to merit a news conference and not a statement sent to the media).
3) They have found the real Zanny and they are introducing her at the news conference.
4) They are petitioning a higher court to either have a mistrial declared or to have the Judge removed from the case for (insert reason).

That's my 2 cents.
4)

As I recall it....and someone please correct me if I am "off" on details.....

At the beginning of this case, as LE interview recordings were being released, many members here were very impressed with the detective skills of Mr. Melich, and one member decided to start a thread titled "Support for Yuri Melich"... (that thread is still active and visible in the Media thread at top of Caylee forum)

Many posted opinions on what a great job they felt he was doing, based on what they were seeing in released videos....

At one point in the investigation, Mr Melich suffered an accident and broke his leg and was out on leave for a few days. At this point, as the media reported this, many posters then began posting condolences and get well wishes in this same thread.

Apparently, Mr. Melich became aware of the thread, registered as a member, and posted a few messages OF THANKS for the well wishes.....THAT WAS ALL!

He did NOT post, comment, or answer questions regarding ANY PART OF THE INVESTIGATION....

The ALLEGATION of Mr Melich "blogging" and "leaking" investigative information was BAEZ' (who "begood" you know :sick:) ATTEMPT TO DISCREDIT YURI MELICH!

His ploy didn't work then....won't work now either!

Baez makes me want to :furious: :banghead: :sick:

edited to add: sure wish those who "snatch and dash" would at least credit WS...especially when the blogowners should know better! :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname