2010.11.05 Media-Inside the Baker Home

I think that white box is a Nintendo Wii

Yeah, I think I'm just letting my imagination run away with me. It's probably just a chest type table of some sort...maybe for a game system, or TV, or who knows what.

Where are her pictures? You know, the adorable pictures that all kids draw that we stick up all over our houses?

Oh my! They should've used Killz or Shields on the pink bathroom tile before painting it. It would've stuck. Poor/no prep work.

I'm really interested in pics of the ceiling in Zahra's room if any of y'all can take stills from video, please.

Thanks!

Also, where do y'all think her bed was? Against the wall with the curtains? Facing the closet or the other way?

oops, compared the picture to our Wii and it is different

Was just going to say that myself. It isn't a Wii. We have one here and that isn't what they look like. To me it looks more like internet connection.

Zahra's floor. Was it painted black THEN sanded? It doesn't appear to be a normal wood stain. Seems black to me. Paint or an opaque black stain.

I wonder if a floor sander was rented, or someone took the time to use a hand sander.
Or if there was carpet there.... But it appears black to me which would go along with THEM painting that floor as many other things in the house are black.

I'm really interested in pics of the ceiling in Zahra's room if any of y'all can take stills from video, please.

Thanks!

Also, where do y'all think her bed was? Against the wall with the curtains? Facing the closet or the other way?

IMO her bed was against the left wall as you enter the room, with the head of the bed on the same wall as the window that looks over the backyard, and the foot of the bed being nearest you as you are coming in the door. Her closet is to the right of the door.

The baseboards were taken from the wall to the left of the doorway, and the wall that faced the backyard. The walls were cut away at what in this scheme would be the head of the bed and the floor has a square cut in it at the spot where someone would stand next to a bed when tucking a kid in, or where one's feet would land when one wakes up in the morning. HTH

Anyone want to venture a guess whether the tile framing at the top of the fireplace in slide 7 of 18 here was removed by LE? If so, why? And if not, where did they go?

http://www.wsoctv.com/slideshow/news/25649131/detail.html

It looks to me like the brick was left bare at the top with the tile going down the sides. Now, the white on the right hand side of the brick looks like someone was going to finish covering up the brick but had not finished it yet. It looks like it is Mastic (the "glue" that holds the tile in place).

Zahra's floor. Was it painted black THEN sanded? It doesn't appear to be a normal wood stain. Seems black to me. Paint or an opaque black stain.

I wonder if a floor sander was rented, or someone took the time to use a hand sander.
Or if there was carpet there.... But it appears black to me which would go along with THEM painting that floor as many other things in the house are black.

I think that there was carpet in Zahra's room that was pulled up by LE. I don't think that any of the floor was sanded. I don't know that for sure and certainly don't have a link but it doesn't appear that the floor was taken care of as if it had been bare all along. Just MOO

Sorry but those types of walls are very popular in Australia. My parents and sisters homes have these

Funny you should say that because the first time I saw the black paint covering the pink tiles in the bathroom I thought, man, EB must have detested those pastel pink tiles. And then I remembered Zahra's room. Made me wonder. Notice how it's not a pastel girly kind of pink...but a dark, loud pink. I don't know who picked out the paint color, but it's a color that just screams "look at me", imo. So I'm gonna say EB did the paint. JMO, of course. But she likes to send great big visual messages, so it makes sense to me.

Totally 100% agree, Kat.

Its like EB never grew out of that "me, me, look at meeeeee" stage that every 13 year old girl seems to go through.

I actually keep thinking of the adolescent stage of psychosocial development: Identity vs. Role Confusion. [Humor me while I play armchair pysch on a purely speculative, nonqualified basis]. Adolescents are not yet secure in their inner identity, so tend to present themselves through material means, such as style of dress, activities, etc - and tend to truly beleive that everyone is paying attention and judgments are made based on these superficial qualities. The "I'm soooooo goth that people judge me - look at my tattoos and piercings and purple hair" mantra we've seen repeated on every. single. online. profile of EB's seems to resonate with this perfectly, in my [completely unqualified] opinion. It's all about image. And I defintely think the image of her home would play into that as well.

Also wondering if some of her online activities would involve webcam stuff. There's no way, IMO GothicFairy could be caught chatting online with flowered wallpaper or something in the background. The house was a stage, and HAD to fit her image.

IMO IMO IMO

Sorry but those types of walls are very popular in Australia. My parents and sisters homes have these

Sorry for quoting my own post, but I was just thinking something. I have helped paint my nieces rooms in this way and it requires a lot of work. Why would they go to the trouble if they didn't care??? This whole case makes no sense whatsoever and is eating me up :(

I watched the video with the family leaving the home again and like the first time I watched it, I see a very alive puppy. Looks just like our pit bull when he was a baby. Maybe they had no idea the media would be going into this house and showing the world they left Zahra's things behind. It's pathetic that all they walked out with was a suitcase and a puppy.

They didn't even bother to try and clean up for the landlord.

igzwp2.jpg

Adam Baker Returns To Hickory Home, Faces Shouting Neighbors
http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25609778/index.html

Thank you for the still enzeder. :)

If there was a headboard at the top of the bed, it wouldn't be a likely place to find enough forensic evidence to require removal of the entire wall, so I'm thinking a bed would have been along that wall and the head of it to the left entering the room.

JMO

The first time I looked at the bathroom pics, I wondered why they didn't paint the tiles around the tub. Looking a second time, I see black around the edge of tub where it meets the tile. That makes me think this area too may have been painted black and LE already removed that paint. Which makes sense...I can't really see anyone leaving the bathroom half painted like that.

I'm thinking LE took the floor tiles with them...Why only paint the floor tiles that are there.. kwim..

IMO her bed was against the left wall as you enter the room, with the head of the bed on the same wall as the window that looks over the backyard, and the foot of the bed being nearest you as you are coming in the door. Her closet is to the right of the door.

The baseboards were taken from the wall to the left of the doorway, and the wall that faced the backyard. The walls were cut away at what in this scheme would be the head of the bed and the floor has a square cut in it at the spot where someone would stand next to a bed when tucking a kid in, or where one's feet would land when one wakes up in the morning. HTH

Thank you!

I'm leaning toward the head of the bed being in the corner between the two windows. ???

I'm trying to see why they cut out what they did :)

ETA: What if a nightstand were removed, too?

Attachments

• zahra'sbedroom.jpg
    zahra'sbedroom.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 65

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members