2010.11.05 Media-Inside the Baker Home

Totally 100% agree, Kat.

Its like EB never grew out of that "me, me, look at meeeeee" stage that every 13 year old girl seems to go through.

I actually keep thinking of the adolescent stage of psychosocial development: Identity vs. Role Confusion. [Humor me while I play armchair pysch on a purely speculative, nonqualified basis]. Adolescents are not yet secure in their inner identity, so tend to present themselves through material means, such as style of dress, activities, etc - and tend to truly beleive that everyone is paying attention and judgments are made based on these superficial qualities. The "I'm soooooo goth that people judge me - look at my tattoos and piercings and purple hair" mantra we've seen repeated on every. single. online. profile of EB's seems to resonate with this perfectly, in my [completely unqualified] opinion. It's all about image. And I defintely think the image of her home would play into that as well.
Also wondering if some of her online activities would involve webcam stuff. There's no way, IMO GothicFairy could be caught chatting online with flowered wallpaper or something in the background. The house was a stage, and HAD to fit her image.

IMO IMO IMO

BBM

I think you have probably hit on something here.

Horrible Speculation Coming -- I will phrase as tactfully as I can.

IMO

I think the house was made into a "stage" or a ("movie") "set" prior to Zahra's death (and then touched up or re-staged after).

I think EB was seen in the furniture store shopping for a living room set that could be purchased 'off the floor' because she was either:

a) expecting guests to come spectate a real life event (e.g. murder), probably that eve/night -OR-

b) needed the finishing touch for their house ("set") where an event was to be filmed or streamed on the internet (e.g. into their virtual reality world).

IMO - there are some person(s) besides EB/AB with knowledge/participation who need to turn themselves in!

:furious:

We live in NC and own a rental home. We have had to deal with eviction before and it takes time. Even if the landlord filed for eviction the day after the fire and Zhara was repoted missing, it would take time. In our case, the tenants knew the laws better than we did and they did not come to the door when the eviction papers were being served. (although this wold not of been the case with Elisa, they could of served her in jail but I am not sure the landlord would of known where to serve AB) Because they were not served to them in person (lefted taped to the door) THey had 48 extra hours and because of the weekend they had another 48 hours. This was after we had already been to court and had them legally eveicted (I can't remember for sure but I think it was around 27 days total) Even after that they left 5 dogs and a pile of belongings and legally we had to store their items for 30 days and if they called to set up a time to retreive them we had to allow them access to their belongings. They didn't but three months later they called the courthouse crying because we no longer had their things. This was after 4 months of being behind on the rent and $5000 in damages.

I wonder if they were behind in rent before this or if there were some problems with AB's job. If you have an employee that owes rent and works for you that can cause some tension (thinking about the ransom note) I know with another tenant we have had, he was always crying about how they had no money and couldn't pay rent but would not do work we offered him.

Believe it or not, we have also dealt with our tenants murdering someone at this same property. The SBI was involved and they used luminol. We kept it padlocked until the SBI turned it back over to us. (took about a week I think) Carpet had been cut up but not much more. We did not get any refund from the county or SBI but we did not ask. I think we were just in shock. We had to keep their property for a time period, can't remember if it was 30 days or 60 days. The SBI told us that blood showed up on the walls in the hallway but I guess they just took pictures, none of the wallboards were missing.

I think with the plumbing being gone, that could be because of traces of blood that may have gone down the sink. The ceiling is puzzling but it kinda looks like that may have been caused by the leaking roof.

I think the landlord would of been the ones to let the reporters in, he would know if the pink paint was new. Also I think he may be having to store AB's belongings during the eviction process, that may be what the third bedroom is used for. I think if there had been anything to be seen with the naked eye, the detectives would of never realeased the home when they first seached it.

Yes Curious, according to the neighbors they didn't know that Zahra lived there. I believe we have heard from at least two neighbors now. One of the neighbors even stated that AB talked about his dog/dogs but never mentioned that he had a daughter.

I know that there has been word that LE are sure that Zahra made the move into the Hickory home but I still have questions about that. I believe that (sorry for this) her body made the move but that little Zahra was already dead at the time. It makes zero sense for Zahra to have been allowed to play outside with other kids, attend school, go to friends houses when they lived at the mobile home park but then to never be seen outside by anyone after they moved to the Hickory home. The mobile home park that I am talking about it also the one that they moved from when they moved into the Hickory home. I know that we have the "sighting" of Zahra at the furniture store in September but I question that as well for various reasons.

Thank You. My confusion comes when I go back to a time when Zahra may have lived in an attic crawl space, then moved to a nice bedroom with windows and new mattress...a big change. But these neighbors weren't aware that she lived there! Didn't Zahra ever sit by a window in her new bedroom, or say hi to a neighbor?

So, the question for me is was Zahra ever alive in that house?

I know something unimaginable happened in that house, but what!

I don't put it past EB to have staged something ghoulish to confuse the investigation.

"Although her father, Adam Baker, was recently evicted, he has left furniture in a room WBTV did not have access to. Oddly, the only other personal items not moved out of the house were those in Zahra's closet."

"Oddly", yes....

I wonder what room they didn't have access to, and why?

Has anyone looked at the civil court documents to see if the landlord may have placed a restraining order on AB and EB. He could easily get one because of the ransom note and that could be the reason for the eviction. A restraining order would bypass the eviction process. I know if I was the landlord, I certainly would have gotten one.

Also, I believe that I heard on one of the video clips that AB was allowed to store his stuff in one room that the media would not be given access to so that he could come back and get it at a later time. It was one of the first videos posted of the tour of the house.

I think it's very easy in this case to imagine all sorts of horrific scenarios, since we don't know specifically what LE has as far as evidence, etc., and what they're thinking.

Believe me, I've imagined a few very dark things about this case, and it sickens me.

My gut feeling here is that EB's "goth" and "vampire" dabblings are not all sweet and innocent. Far from it.
There's something very sinister here and I hope LE turns over the rock and reveals all of it!

JMO.

Hope media gets to go into the off limits (forbidden) room now.............

Dunno how many times I've gone through the pictures now. Well over twenty times for sure. I really don't know how I missed the hole in the wall of Zahra's bedroom, to the left of the window. (Close to the middle of the picture itself.) http://www.wsoctv.com/slideshow/news/25649131/detail.html - picture 1 of 18

So then I went back and rewatched the two different videos (wsoctv.com & wbtv.com) and it's definitely a hole in that wall. I tried to get a screen shot, but in both videos that section passes too quickly for the software I'm using.

Has anyone else noticed this hole? Does it look like another fist-type hole? If not, what could a hole that size have been made from?

I've just spent a lot of time catching up... and just have a few comments.

It's been stated by a local that the landlord and his family never lived in the home. It was purchased as an income property. So the theory that the room was painted for his little girl is pretty invalid IMO.

I think the black and the Live Laugh Love was all done by EB/AB and not in a weird way. Reading EB's posts there were some times that she said things along those lines. Must have been in one of her "up" moods when she bought that.

Red in bath tub is not blood. LE would not have left that there.

No one knows what was in AB's suitcase. It could have ALL been Zahra's"things".

It was stated on a public site that AB was at the house today with moving vans and "family" (about 3-4 hours ago) Presumably to get the rest of their belongings.

I don't get the comments about EB being a bad housekeeper. I don't see anything to indicate that ? It's not perfect but it doesn't appear filthy either.

The floors look like a place that has had carpeting / etc. ripped out. I don't think the floors were sanded. I also think the painting while done recently wasn't done to cover anything up IMO. Especially in Zahra's room.

Dunno how many times I've gone through the pictures now. Well over twenty times for sure. I really don't know how I missed the hole in the wall of Zahra's bedroom, to the left of the window. (Close to the middle of the picture itself.) http://www.wsoctv.com/slideshow/news/25649131/detail.html - picture 1 of 18

So then I went back and rewatched the two different videos (wsoctv.com & wbtv.com) and it's definitely a hole in that wall. I tried to get a screen shot, but in both videos that section passes too quickly for the software I'm using.

Has anyone else noticed this hole? Does it look like another fist-type hole? If not, what could a hole that size have been made from?
In the linked photo it is noticeable, just like a big dark spot on the wall. I couldn't really tell what it is. You've got a good eye!

FaerieB, I see what you are talking about, but it is so blurry it is hard to tell...

In the linked photo it is noticeable, just like a big dark spot on the wall. I couldn't really tell what it is. You've got a good eye!

And here I was beating myself up for not noticing it earlier. Thanks. :woohoo:

I'm wondering if they removed the tub and drainpipe at some point. Does anyone know if that was done?

It sickens me to imagine this, but I remember a Criminal Minds episode where the killer dismembered the victim's body in a bathtub.

My husband looked at this and said it looks like a stiff towel. Notice the shadow being cast by part of it? Anyway, his opinion is that it's probably a towel or rag used by LE, perhaps soaked in some type of solvent to remove adhesive or paint or something.

In his humble opinion. ;)

FaerieB, not sure if its fist sized or not. It couldn't be a light switch since that was by the closet door? Nice catch!

I still find that hole in the kitchen ceiling to be a puzzle. I am sure LE went into the attic to investigate due to the rumors about Zahra having had to live in the attic at the previous residence. Surely, there was some sort of entrance way into the attic without having to punch a hole in it.

I noticed it early on, but couldn't tell what it was. At first I thought it was a lightswitch or a receptical, but over by a window? I mean, you COULD put one there, but that would seem awkward to me. If it is a lightswitch or a receptical, the cover or switch has been removed.

I dunno.

Maybe someone could start a thread with info on the online game-playing? I hear people mention it, but I don't know what they're talking about or where to find info. Thanks!

Maybe someone could start a thread with info on the online game-playing? I hear people mention it, but I don't know what they're talking about or where to find info. Thanks!

Go to The Parking Lot section, there is a thread. At this time, the discussion for that topic is only allowed there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back