2010.11.05 Media-Inside the Baker Home

Maybe someone could start a thread with info on the online game-playing? I hear people mention it, but I don't know what they're talking about or where to find info. Thanks!

O/T There is a thread in the Parking Lot.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118817"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I think it looks right for a fist-hole in the wall. It's pretty blurry, but it's at a good height to be that, too.

I'm not finding any confirmation of the cut-up ceiling in Zahra's room. I don't remember what channel I was watching (well, listening to). If anyone does find pics, please give a link.

I think it looks right for a fist-hole in the wall. It's pretty blurry, but it's at a good height to be that, too.

I'm not finding any confirmation of the cut-up ceiling in Zahra's room. I don't remember what channel I was watching (well, listening to). If anyone does find pics, please give a link.

The cut up ceiling was in the kitchen.

I thought I had seen a hole in the bedroom ceiling, Writer. But I now think I was mistaken. I can't find any vid or pics of it, so let's assume I gave misinformation, for now.

Sorry, guys.

It does look as if it is paint peeled away. I have no idea what kind of pain would be able to be peeled like that. Any paint I have ever had comes off in flakes/pieces but to peel off.. it almost look like some type of cloth or rubber peeling away.

It seems to be very odd decorating for the bathroom. I wish that Nancy Grace could get an interview with the homeowner and question as to what they did or did not redecorate since he rented it to them.

The hole in the ceiling looks to me like someone was in the attic and their foot missed the joist and went through. The holes done by LE are nice and neat, this is jagged. Don't know if it was LE or someone else that went through, though.

It does look as if it is paint peeled away. I have no idea what kind of pain would be able to be peeled like that. Any paint I have ever had comes off in flakes/pieces but to peel off.. it almost look like some type of cloth or rubber peeling away.

It seems to be very odd decorating for the bathroom. I wish that Nancy Grace could get an interview with the homeowner and question as to what they did or did not redecorate since he rented it to them.
Its a latex based paint. When you use that on such a smooth surface - such as bathroom tile - once dry it will peel off just like it did in the pic. In order to paint "tile" you have to "rough it up" usually with sandpaper or something in order to get the paint to stick.

HTH

Also the peeling paint on the tile in the bathroom - not a good idea to paint latex on slick tile in a moist humid environment. Especially without proper priming. You can paint over tile, but you have to properly prime and use a good quality enamel finish and really let it thoroughly cure before you even let it get moist or it will bubble and/or peel. It was inevitable that it would fail in this case.

The third room is off limits to the media? Does anyone have a clue as to what is in that room that is off limits? Perhaps things that still MAY be needed at a later time for testing.

I would also like to know what was in the LAUANDRY ROOM or LAUNDRY BASKET... Dirty clothes.. for the reason that the little girl if was alive for the previous 24 hours of reporting her missing there should be a few dirty clothes in the laundry basket. IF NONE of her clothes were in the TO DO laundry basket then WHY not. Little things like that I think AB and EB would of overlooked.

Perhaps I am the only one that always has at least a few items in the basket waiting to be washed. EVEN IF she never came out of her room unless she needed somthing I am sure would come out to take a bath and leave her clothes to be washed...or at least change clothes and leave somthing behind to be washed. I am interested in little things like that may have slipped their mind in the cover up.

The third room is off limits to the media? Does anyone have a clue as to what is in that room that is off limits? Perhaps things that still MAY be needed at a later time for testing.

I would also like to know what was in the LAUANDRY ROOM or LAUNDRY BASKET... Dirty clothes.. for the reason that the little girl if was alive for the previous 24 hours of reporting her missing there should be a few dirty clothes in the laundry basket. IF NONE of her clothes were in the TO DO laundry basket then WHY not. Little things like that I think AB and EB would of overlooked.

Perhaps I am the only one that always has at least a few items in the basket waiting to be washed. EVEN IF she never came out of her room unless she needed somthing I am sure would come out to take a bath and leave her clothes to be washed...or at least change clothes and leave somthing behind to be washed. I am interested in little things like that may have slipped their mind in the cover up.
I saw it somewhere that the 3rd bedroom was off limits because thats where the Bakers personal items were being stored. Im not sure where I read it and will search for a link but until I find it Ill just note MOO

Although her father, Adam Baker, was recently evicted, he has left furniture in a room WBTV did not have access to. Oddly, the only other personal items not moved out of the house were those in Zahra's closet.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13453571

Thank You. My confusion comes when I go back to a time when Zahra may have lived in an attic crawl space, then moved to a nice bedroom with windows and new mattress...a big change. But these neighbors weren't aware that she lived there! Didn't Zahra ever sit by a window in her new bedroom, or say hi to a neighbor?

So, the question for me is was Zahra ever alive in that house?[/B]

That those windows were in the front of the house, on a street where neighbors appear to know what's happening with each other is so disturbing. Combined with the apartment managers saying they saw Zahra on move in day - then never saw her again (thought she was grandchild/visitor).

The (21st St) neighbors saw AB outside, spoke with him about the dogs - but had no idea he had a child.

Zahra had such a limited wardrobe, photos show her wearing the same couple of tee-shirts.

LE(?) described her room as bare or spartan -

Yet AB & EB didn't seem to suffer from a lack of possessions.

Where is Zahra?

I thought I had seen a hole in the bedroom ceiling, Writer. But I now think I was mistaken. I can't find any vid or pics of it, so let's assume I gave misinformation, for now.

Sorry, guys.

Oh, me, too! I could swear my news here said that.

I still don't know what to make of the ceiling in the kitchen. I think my theory is that violence happened in the bedroom, before death.

Why wouldn't they take the bathtub, y'all? Maybe just luminol was enough to show blood around the crevices? Plus swabs and things, I suppose.

I can't decide from these pictures whether I think the bathtub was used.

Oh, me, too! I could swear my news here said that.

I still don't know what to make of the ceiling in the kitchen. I think my theory is that violence happened in the bedroom, before death.

Why wouldn't they take the bathtub, y'all? Maybe just luminol was enough to show blood around the crevices? Plus swabs and things, I suppose.

I can't decide from these pictures whether I think the bathtub was used.

I don't see LE cutting through the kitchen ceiling for access to the attic, because surely there has to be some existing way for tenents to access the attic for storage. This house looks like one I grew up in, and we had panel access to attic in the hallway ceiling. Via that access, you could get to all of the attic by walking on boards laid over ceiling beams. Anyway, I doubt this hole was cut by LE for attic access, that's my point.

So...why else would they cut this ceiling? If the ceiling had been previously patched, I would think THAT might cause them concern. We know from the pics that at least one of the punch holes in livingroom(?) had been previously patched, and that LE appears to have taken in interest in that. So it's at least possible the ceiling was previously patched.

My best guess though, is that there may have been blood evidence on the ceiling in the kitchen, and since LE was already going to take part of the ceiling into evidence, they figured they might as well check the attic area above the cut (hence the boards seen across beams in pic of hole) to make sure there was no body hidden there.

If you look at the floor near fridge, it appears some of the linoleum there has been cut out and taken by LE. I didn't notice if there was also linoleum removed from in front of the sink, did you?

I can not imagine in my wildest dreams going through a house like that knowing my son and my grand daughter lived there.
That my grand daughter probably drew her last breath there.
I know I would be in shock, could never help 'pack up'
I would be livid, angry and probably beat my son for living like that!
Imagine what kind of personal (AB/EB) items left behind.....

Earlier, several of us were discussing the subject of holes in walls. I just caught this information from a previous news article:

Elsewhere, there are also holes in several walls of the house where the Baker family lived starting in July of this year, having moved from a mobile home in Caldwell County.

http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=13453571

I have no idea if the person writing this article is referring to punch holes or holes cut out of walls by LE, or possibly both, but I find it interesting that the articles refers to SEVERAL walls having holes in them. We haven't seen pictures of AB/EB's bedroom, so I'm now wondering if perhaps there were punch holes or parts of dry wall removed from there also.

Just thought I'd throw that out here.

Just noticed this, so thought I would comment on it, since it adds to my post above: if you look at the raw video footage from inside the house, there's a shot that pans to the fireplace. There, on the wall to the left of the fireplace, is what appears to be another hole in the wall.

Goes by fast, but it's around the :30 mark in this vid.

http://www.examiner.com/us-headline...hra-baker-s-hickory-north-carolina-home-video

Is it just me? or does this look like it could have already existed? The rest of the drywall and floor removals look neatly cut. This one looks like someone fell through the ceiling doesn't it?

kitchenceiling.jpg
[/IMG]

Is it just me? or does this look like it could have already existed? The rest of the drywall and floor removals look neatly cut. This one looks like someone fell through the ceiling doesn't it?

kitchenceiling.jpg
[/IMG]

You know...it kinda DOES? Hmmmm.

I saw in some link that they took out the kitchen sink but I think I remember seeing it. My computer is very slow today so the pictures arent loading does anyone know for sure?
I looked at the picture of the kitchen ceiling and I think it looks more like a leak in the roof caused the ceiling to fall. JMO

I saw in some link that they took out the kitchen sink but I think I remember seeing it. My computer is very slow today so the pictures arent loading does anyone know for sure?
I looked at the picture of the kitchen ceiling and I think it looks more like a leak in the roof caused the ceiling to fall. JMO

wsoctvcom2.jpg
[/IMG]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther