2010.11.05 Media-Inside the Baker Home

I am not positive but I see a door knob in the picture. If you look in the tank there is a reflection of a metal door knob. Maybe it is just the angle that is making it look that way.
I think that reflection is just the "hole" where the knob was. If you look at the latch (or catch) then on either side of the door would be a knob. It does look like a piece of folded paper or something is shoved into the hole but the doorknob is gone.

That's why they boarded up that entrance with a piece of plywood - with no doorknob - you can't lock the door. I don't see a dead bolt either on the door or the "hole" it would use in the frame.

I think that reflection is just the "hole" where the knob was. If you look at the latch (or catch) then on either side of the door would be a knob. It does look like a piece of folded paper or something is shoved into the hole but the doorknob is gone.

That's why they boarded up that entrance with a piece of plywood - with no doorknob - you can't lock the door. I don't see a dead bolt either on the door or the "hole" it would use in the frame.

Ok I can see that being a piece of paper. I guess what I am seeing isn't really big enough to be a door knob.

Probably already discussed - just wanted to comment that the paint job in ZB's room is pretty bad - one coat done in a big hurry. Why would you paint a room like that for you child?

MOO, of course

I respectfully disagree about the door. If you look closely at the door jamb, you can see that there are two holes; one for the latch on the doorknob, and one for the deadbolt. When you are looking at the door in the picture, your view is skewed. What you think is the doorknob missing with a piece of paper shoved through the hole, is actually the deadbolt.

I've cropped the photo and attached it for a better view.

JMO

Attachments

• door and jamb.jpg
    door and jamb.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 61
Oh. Just noticed the bathtub plumping wall is missing

If that is the dead bolt - then where is the latch for the doorknob? There is only one indented "hole" on the opposite frame (where the door would close). If that is the deadbolt then why use plywood to board up the entrance? Why not just close the door and secure the dead bolt?

Probably already discussed - just wanted to comment that the paint job in ZB's room is pretty bad - one coat done in a big hurry. Why would you paint a room like that for you child?

MOO, of course

Maybe Zahra did it herself?

If that is the dead bolt - then where is the latch for the doorknob? There is only one indented "hole" on the opposite frame (where the door would close). If that is the deadbolt then why use plywood to board up the entrance? Why not just close the door and secure the dead bolt?

Respectfully, I believe that I can see two holes in the jamb for the latches. And I believe that you can't see the doorknob because of the angle of the picture. The doorknob would be below where the picture is cut off.

Again, JMO.

ETA: I think they boarded up the doorway because they don't know how many other keys are out there, so there's no way to know, other than boarding up the door that no one has snuck in the back way. They do that very thing in my community at crime scenes and fires.

Not sure about that back door but it sure looks like the doorknob from Zahra's bedroom door is missing to me.

2l9h2d1.png

I hope someone took Zahra's clothes out of the closet....:frown:

Come to think of it, maybe that's why the light switch plate was missing too? :waitasec:

Back to picture 11 for one sec, were we able to confirm that the Arm & Hammer box on the counter is cat litter rather than laundry detergent?

Come to think of it, maybe that's why the light switch plate was missing too? :waitasec:

You mean in the kitchen or the "hole" in Zahra's bedroom I thought might have been a light switch?

Back to picture 11 for one sec, were we able to confirm that the Arm & Hammer box on the counter is cat litter rather than laundry detergent?

Don't believe we did. But Zahra did have a cat, so...could be a perfectly logical thing to have on a counter. Same is true if it's laundry soap.

Respectfully, I believe that I can see two holes in the jamb for the latches. And I believe that you can't see the doorknob because of the angle of the picture. The doorknob would be below where the picture is cut off.

Again, JMO.

ETA: I think they boarded up the doorway because they don't know how many other keys are out there, so there's no way to know, other than boarding up the door that no one has snuck in the back way. They do that very thing in my community at crime scenes and fires.

Look at any door in your house, and you'll see that exactly where the knob is that's where the metal plate and metal slider that locks the door is also. So looking at the plate and metal slider, I see no knob.

JMO

(Sorry about the 3 posts in a row, guys. Haven't figured out how to do multi quotes in one post yet.)

You mean in the kitchen or the "hole" in Zahra's bedroom I thought might have been a light switch?

There was a light switch in her bedroom, beside the closet, that was missing the plate. We thought it might be because of the recent painting but considering everything seemed to be painted over, it didn't make sense that they would take the time to remove the light switch plate...they would have just painted over it too. So perhaps LE took it for fingerprints or blood/DNA evidence along with the doorknob.

MOO

Look at any door in your house, and you'll see that exactly where the knob is that's where the metal plate and metal slider that locks the door is also. So looking at the plate and metal slider, I see no knob.

JMO

(Sorry about the 3 posts in a row, guys. Haven't figured out how to do multi quotes in one post yet.)

I (and DH...I dragged him in and asked him what he saw without saying anything about the picture) believe you're not seeing the doorknob because it's not shown in this picture. I've attached a picture of what I think is showing.

Attachments

• deadbolt.jpg
    deadbolt.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 54
I (and DH...I dragged him in and asked him what he saw without saying anything about the picture) believe you're not seeing the doorknob because it's not shown in this picture. I've attached a picture of what I think is showing.

Okay, I see what you're saying. The metal plate I'm seeing is actually the plate for the deadbolt slider.

So...the doorknob may be missing, or it may not. No way to tell. Hmmm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back