2010.11.05 Media-Inside the Baker Home

The doorknob on the back door is definitely on there.

9gzk12.png

You can see it more clearly around 1:46 of this video...

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25763688/index.html

You see...THIS is why I should read through the whole thread before I post. :doh:

Thanks.

There's a lot of black in that house. Trim, cabinets, furniture, and it looks like the pink bathroom tile has been covered by black fabric, looks like partially torn off fabric hanging on the wall in pic #15. And the writing stuck on the fridge is likely to be the use and care instructions and a few recipes for EB's cauldron.

ok - now I'm back as to the WHY LE boarded up that back door entrance with plywood and left a "fully functioning" door standing open inside.

Any thoughts, ideas?

With part of the door frame pulled off, that door likely would not close properly and would not be very secure. LE obviously didn't feel the need to fix the door frame to make sure the door was secure after all the other things that were torn apart. Throwing up a hunk of plywood solves the problem IMO.

Don't believe we did. But Zahra did have a cat, so...could be a perfectly logical thing to have on a counter. Same is true if it's laundry soap.

IIRC Zahra's cat was left to stay (abandoned) behind at the last house, and was adopted.

I really would like to know what that note on the fridge says (photo 12).

I would love to know what the letter on the fridge is all about..
I'm very curious about that writing on the fridge. I mentioned it on the first thread. It's not a grocery list nor recipes, just one running body of prose, similar to EB's letters. But there's no signature, as you'd expect to see in a letter. I don't knowwhat it is, but I think EB wrote it, and I think it's important to her because she posted it on the refrigerator. So what? A manifesto of sorts? *shrug* It's obviously not evidence, but might be relevant to understanding EB.

IIRC Zahra's cat was left to stay (abandoned) behind at the last house, and was adopted.

That is what I also recall, and there hasn't been any mention of a cat at this house, just the pit bull(s).

I noticed the box on the kitchen counter and that not being the brand of litter I'm currently using, couldn't identify if it was or not. Could also be laundry detergent. :waitasec: MOO

There's a lot of black in that house. Trim, cabinets, furniture, and it looks like the pink bathroom tile has been covered by black fabric, looks like partially torn off fabric hanging on the wall in pic #15. And the writing stuck on the fridge is likely to be the use and care instructions and a few recipes for EB's cauldron.

I believe that is actually black paint on the pink bathroom tiles, and it's peeling off. MOO

That is what I also recall, and there hasn't been any mention of a cat at this house, just the pit bull(s).

I noticed the box on the kitchen counter and that not being the brand of litter I'm currently using, couldn't identify if it was or not. Could also be laundry detergent. :waitasec: MOO

FWIW

Looks like a big box of Arm & Hammer family size laundry detergent to me. I have 3 cats and use Arm & Hammer kitty litter... my boxes are not that tall. At least not the ones that I've bought.

Hmmm.. Did they ever mention anything about a washer or dryer in the home?
(the Anthony case comes to mind)

I believe that is actually black paint on the pink bathroom tiles, and it's peeling off. MOO

I agree with you on that, looks like it has been peeled/scraped off showing the pink tile underneath. So, the next question would be, why the need to get to the bottom layer? Just thorough policework, or was the bath newly painted after Zahra was gone, for whatever reason. Did they luminol that bath?

:blushing: I'm sure you are correct, lol, but I have never seen paint hanging in such large pieces... and WHY so much black in that depressing house?

Zahra's room has the only bright, cheerful color in the house. Poor little girl. She tried so hard, and conquered so much, until she had to deal with a more insurmountable evil than even cancer.

It is ok to hate some people, isn't it? :furious:

:blushing: I'm sure you are correct, lol, but I have never seen paint hanging in such large pieces... and WHY so much black in that depressing house?

Zahra's room has the only bright, cheerful color in the house. Poor little girl. She tried so hard, and conquered so much, until she had to deal with a more insurmountable evil than even cancer.

It is ok to hate some people, isn't it? :furious:

In this case......Absolutely!

I have 8 cats, Arm & Hammer has a multi cat formula like that. I see a patch of maroon on the box in the picture-

It could also be Home Alone puppy pads - http://www.armandhammer.com/pet-care/landing.aspx or the laundry detergent.

fwiw i'm certain the homeowner was on record somewhere when the vid was first released as saying HE boarded up the door for security. i have been searching for a link, but all the articles have since been updated with other info added and can't seem to find it. so at least for now MOO...

Yes, she is a beautiful cat. Very sweet and has found a loving home with another kitty that LOVES her!

After mulling it over, and thinking about Zahra's cheerful pink bedroom .. was this painted before .... or after? Was it painted to cover up something?

Someone mentioned the glove with the "goo" on it ... might that have been used in painting Zahra's room? It doesn't bear thinking about, but the pair (don't want to call them parents, or adults) didn't seem to do much for Zahra, would they have painted that one room to please her? I hope that her room looked like that when she lived there. How sad if it were black and white and had that d**ned Live Laugh Love border around it.

Did we ever come to any consensus on whether we think Zahra's bed was positioned either:

1. Against the interior/bathroom wall, with the head against the exterior wall to the L of the window looking out over the backyard and the foot close to the door, or

2. With the head against the wall between Zahra's room and the bathroom, and the long part of the bed against the wall/under the window looking out over to backyard?

Am trying to figure out LE's thinking in taking the wall pieces they did, and what it tells us about what happened to Zahra.

After mulling it over, and thinking about Zahra's cheerful pink bedroom .. was this painted before .... or after? Was it painted to cover up something?

Someone mentioned the glove with the "goo" on it ... might that have been used in painting Zahra's room? It doesn't bear thinking about, but the pair (don't want to call them parents, or adults) didn't seem to do much for Zahra, would they have painted that one room to please her? I hope that her room looked like that when she lived there. How sad if it were black and white and had that d**ned Live Laugh Love border around it.

Hi teedie2, I think I may have been the one to mention the glove with the goo...wondering if it was paint. Perhaps someone has already mentioned it too.

IMO, the room was painted AFTER this atrocious heinous act. I don't even see any pictures or posters, anything hanging on the walls. Just the strawberry shortcake picture on the closet door.

I would LOVE to know if they had recently purchased the paint, etc. at a hardware store right before this happened and had them on video making the purchases.

I even see the paint cans on the baker's rack.

Also, the picture they showed on NG of the tools used for the dismemberment...does anyone thinks it's possbile they had also purchased these tools specifically just to do this?

The reason I wonder is because I also live in house, not much bigger than their's and if I didn't have a storage bldg., I would have no place to store all those tools.

I still think LE should investigate the local Lowe's, or other hardware stores to see if they purchased the paint/tools/towels/rags/gloves/, etc. right before this happened.

JMHOO.

Did we ever come to any consensus on whether we think Zahra's bed was positioned either:

1. Against the interior/bathroom wall, with the head against the exterior wall to the L of the window looking out over the backyard and the foot close to the door, or

2. With the head against the wall between Zahra's room and the bathroom, and the long part of the bed against the wall/under the window looking out over to backyard?

Am trying to figure out LE's thinking in taking the wall pieces they did, and what it tells us about what happened to Zahra.

I don't know that we ever came to a consensus of where the bed was positioned, but my gut feeling is that the headboard was against the wall where the drywall was removed. The floor cutaway was where someone would be standing if they were standing over the side of the bed.

Nothing solid to base that feeling on...all just speculation on my part.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back