2010.5.24 JVM/Fields quote: Is this case a garage sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM I agree 100% and maybe for a added reason. I'd probably be in time out with you! I have never felt Mr. Fields has represented MC the way a Defense Lawyer should. He should have leveled with her in the beginning and talked to her like the child she is/was and made her really understand what she was facing and that she had to tell the truth. If he had this would have been over a long time ago. I know she went against him many times but look who she was living with and trying to please. She was not nor is she now an adult only in age. She is still a young immature girl living in a grown up world and has no clue the right way to do things. So sad Haleigh had to pay the price. I agree RF should step down immediately and someone tough should replace him, someone who has both Haleigh and Misty's best interest at heart and get this mess over with!
we all want answers, but all I can see that Fields has accomplished, is to drag this out & make it even messier than it already was. If he did make that garage sale comment, well, that's just unprofessional & contradictory to defending his client. & can someone tell me why, since Ronald isn't even being looked at, he has had a criminal defense attorney for so long? Maybe he could refer Misty to someone?

I too find it apalling at RF releasing a comment such as this. I agree with all before me stating that Fields needs to step aside. But anyone whose listened to the many hours of tapes just releases knows that Hank Sr has been concerned about RF for quite sometime(&we all know h's not the brightest, so if he's realized this then u KNOW IT MUST BE VERY APPARENT)he has continually stated that Fields does not believ Misty, RF states that she's STILL lying and has several times voiced that he's ready to "drop" her. I do not believe he is doing his job by properly representing Misty (guilty or Not guilty) and because of
This he is
Hindering LE in seeking justice for our precious Haleigh!
Someone needs to stepin on behalf of Misty's constitutional rights and on behalf of ensuring that justice be found and served in this case!
This latest statement is an outrage!!!!

[Snipped]

Sounds more like a Flea Market to me and not in a good way.

First, this is an Art Harris quote and I don't see why Fields should confide anything to Art Harris. I'll believe it comes from Fields, when it does come from Fields.

As far as what's at this 'garage sale' I'm not buying anything. LOL

Great thoughts SoSueMe. To me a gargage sale is when you sell a lot of junk. As a former working member of the press, I have to say I have never trusted Art Harris and his sources.
I'm with you on the fact we can believe Fields said it, when we see Fields lips moving. I for one believe Art Harris only brings sensationism when reporting on this case. jmo

It's pretty sad and very telling when the media and WebSleuthers don't jump on a story that Misty has finally told the truth and it's in the hands of LE.

I think we're tired of the lies and we're tired of the same old stories that just don't hold water. Misty is still playing dangerous games and for some reason that song "Games People Play" is going through my head.

"...Turns you sad on humanity
And you don't give a da da da da da..."

Hmmm, SoSueMe, you have a nice voice.
jmo

I don't know. maybe I'm just in a bad mood or sick of having this damm cold. But I think the garage sale statement is one of the most ridiculous statements in this case to date. What the heck was the point? Just another diversion to keep the ratings alive? If thats the case then ok. But please just lay it all out on the table, tell us what you know as fact, back it up and help all of us find the truth to finding Haleigh and put the guessing games to rest.

ty rant over

Imo, I think it was appropriate.

What I think he meant is she has told the story starting at the very beginning to the last time she spoke with LE and it is like a garage sale. Somethings you don't need or want but somethings you may need to make your home complete.

I think he is saying among all the lies are some truth and LE has got to pick through all of it and decide what is truth and what is lies because the truth is hidden among the lies.

IMO

Imo, I think it was appropriate.

What I think he meant is she has told the story starting at the very beginning to the last time she spoke with LE and it is like a garage sale. Somethings you don't need or want but somethings you may need to make your home complete.

I think he is saying among all the lies are some truth and LE has got to pick through all of it and decide what is truth and what is lies because the truth is hidden among the lies.

IMO

That's exactly what makes the statement so shocking. I've never heard a defense attorney talk like this in a case that is receiving national attention. It's tantamount to admitting his client is a liar. That said, it's refreshing that none of these attorneys are full-throttle gigantic overbloated egos.

I highly doubt that the attorney's comment was the way AH stated it. However, if it is true, I find this to be very unsettling and I'll go so far as to say, this comment ranks in the top five comments that have disturbed me about this case. We all know Misty has told many lies as have many others. If she did not kill Haleigh, I do not want her getting railroaded into it because she has poor representation and the real perpetrator goes free.

I would be all for giving Misty some kind of chance in life if in fact she did not harm Haleigh herself. (Sorry, but I need to give priority to the little one over Misty if indeed Haleigh suffered at Misty's hand.)

If Misty got drug court or probation on the drug charges, went through rehab and got her life on track, could she stay that way? I seriously doubt it. If she were back with her parents, no way would she succeed. If she went with other relatives, likely the same thing. Friends? All seem to be into drugs.

She's too old for a foster home per se, but I wonder if Florida has adult foster care. Usually that is for physically or mentally disabled persons but if Misty really is a person of diminished capacity she might qualify for placement.

I cannot see Misty succeeding out on her own. She would have to have some type of supervision and likely for quite some time. I do believe it would be possible, but all would depend on her ability to conform and the state's ability to provide the necessary resources. She could get a job but that would likely pay for room and board only; it would not touch mental health and other services she would require.

I see Misty failing on the outside, eventually. I see her getting back into drugs and ending up in prison or dead. That's just my opinion, given her defiance and her "I'm not gonna do..." attitude.

That said, it would be nice if she could be given the chance to try. If she fails, she fails, and so be it.

As for Fields, I agree he probably should step down. I do not see much defense for Misty that could not be provided by another attorney. In Fields' defense, though, I think he tried. Misty did what she wanted to do, much of it against his advice. She even wanted to fire him to work with LP. And look how hard it is to keep Misty from talking/spewing/writing, etc., even from jail? Fields would have needed to hire guards to keep her in tow when she was free. I believe he tried, but there is only so much a person can do with someone who runs unbridled through life.

I wish LP would make a visit to Misty today! Never know, she just might spill her guts to him now....

IMO only I do not think Fields is a very good attorney, she might be better off with a PD..... I know he has a carrpy client but I do not feel he is very good, Baez might be better maybe :innocent:
BBM :slap:

We have all been to this "garage sale " many times, they don't have anything worth buying, its all garbage..... JMO

True but, as was said, it might be being used to further muddy the waters. To add spin to defuse and deflate any implication from ToC that Misty knew or was involved and the video of Misty at the Shell Harbor dock.

It put a LOT of focus on Misty and you can go two ways IMO.

1. To float the real story and squash any lies and theories but Misty cannot do that,

2. To float more propaganda and mis-information so everyone gets even more confused and any half-truths or facts that did slip out get buried and lost in the quagmire.

I personally feel that if this did come from Fields and was not just an AH invention then Fields is using AH for damage control.

IF Fields did make that statement <im not so sure> - it's possible Mistys story may have implicated Ron.? And Fields probably suspects LE doesn't want to hear anything about a possible Ronald involvement..

I believe this is exactly what LE has been waiting for.

That's exactly what makes the statement so shocking. I've never heard a defense attorney talk like this in a case that is receiving national attention. It's tantamount to admitting his client is a liar. That said, it's refreshing that none of these attorneys are full-throttle gigantic overbloated egos.

I think it is best for any lawyer who has dealt with Misty or Tommy to address that head on. I mean he knows that his client is a liar and he also knows LE knows she has lied... just like everyone else who has heard her speak in the media.

He cant run from reality. He has to try to take the sting out of it if he can. He certainly cant get up there and say his client has been completely truthful. So she has lied but the truth is in there somewhere among the lies and coverup.

IMO

Fields has been in the picture since before Misty was arrested on the drug charges. I believe Fields came on board to protect Misty from the media and to defend her in the event of possible charges for Haleigh. However, Fields had little control over Misty from the beginning and IIRC has almost walked on her before.

I think Fields might be a very good attorney. I think he could be ethical, and I think he would do anything in his power on behalf of his client. However, he is not being given much to work with from Misty.

In one of the recent tapes, Hank tells Misty that Fields is making noise along the lines of he cannot continue to devote ALL his time to Misty Croslin. I think Fields wants to help Misty but finds himself in a difficult if not impossible situation that is getting worse, not better. For the longest time, Misty would not listen to Fields and even after she appeared to understand that he had her best interests at heart, she dropped bombs that he was not likely to be OK with. Misty had maintained, "I don't know nothin', I was asleep." But then contradicts that in her detailed letter to Chelsea. And then explains it as having come to her in a dream. Her most recent claim is that it was "suggested" to her by others.

Misty may have made a statement to her attorney that he has on tape, and it may be the story Fields intends to go with. It has been said that Fields has stated Misty is sticking to the story. We do not know at this point which of her stories that is but by what AH said, it is the story about Misty and Junior hiding under the covers while Haleigh screamed in the other room.

Of all the stories I have heard, that is the account I give the least credence.

IMO, if that really happened, Junior would have told someone he heard his Sissy screaming; he and Haleigh were close and her screaming is something he would have remembered, IMO, even at his age. And, if Misty hid under the covers paralyzed with fear, how could she have made the bed after JO left with Haleigh? How could she not have been in a state of shock to the point of not being able to even speak to the 911 operator?

One would need hip waders to shop that garage sale.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

We have all been to this "garage sale " many times, they don't have anything worth buying, its all garbage..... JMO

I have always felt that among the lies there is some truth in it. Just like there will be some junk at a garage sale but some really great finds too. You have to look closely to find them.

I have read several articles how things bought at a garage sale turned out to be worth millions.

And I hope that this "garage sale" produces a million dollar gold mine for Haleigh's case and when they work through it justice will be served.

IMO

I think it is best for any lawyer who has dealt with Misty or Tommy to address that head on. I mean he knows that his client is a liar and he also knows LE knows she has lied... just like everyone else who has heard her speak in the media.

He cant run from reality. He has to try to take the sting out of it if he can. He certainly cant get up there and say his client has been completely truthful. So she has lied but the truth is in there somewhere among the lies and coverup.

IMO

I respectfully disagree because he is NOT in court right now. MC is his client and his responsibility is to her, whether he believes her or not. If he cannot do this, then he should withdraw from her case.

the thought of that makes my tummy turn ...

:sick:

IIRC - wasn't AH the one who said LC was not divorcing TC?
If so, then the garage sale statement may not be accurate.

btw (O.T.) - I one time found a brand new pair of shoes for a quarter at a garage sale, turned out to be the shoes I wore most.

Ruby

Hey, I found the first Barbie that came out, 1960 still in the box, never taken out of the box last weekend for $9.99 at a garage sale. I bought it for my daughter's birthday. She collects dolls. She has my first Barbie, I got it when I was eight years old in 1960. The very same Barbie as the one at the garage sale.

I believe this is exactly what LE has been waiting for.

I think they are waiting for all of the forensic evidence that was taken out of the river to come back.

The labs are soooooo backlogged.

In Atlanta two twin girls murdered their mother six months ago. LE just got the dna results back pointing to them and arrest was finally made now.

IMO

It sounds like an off-the-cuff remark made after some prodding by AH. Maybe. Without confirmation from RF that these are his words and an understanding of the coversation that preceded it, I'm reluctant to judge a statement taken out of context or speculate on RF's motivation for making it.

I respectfully disagree because he is NOT in court right now. MC is his client and his responsibility is to her, whether he believes her or not. If he cannot do this, then he should withdraw from her case.

It is much better to address it now rather than have the DA in a trial hit Misty with her pathological liar pattern. He knows everyone knows she lies. He would look incompetent if he tried to lie and say his client had always been truthful.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member