2011.03.04 Motions Hearing - #2 (PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I distinctly heard status hearing at 1:30 but maybe they changed their minds over Quiznos or sumpin...

Ok...so what about the contempt stuff??

Apparantly it was resolved between defense and Pros..and was punctuated with a formal apology by JB to Ashton and the Court...and Ashton accepted his apology for the record...

I'm glad it was all worked out and nothing "formal" will happen to Baez. I don't give a %&** about him, I just want to see this trial happen and KC convicted.

One thing I have noticed is that Mason really does not read that 'real time' screen very much at all. He may glance at it once in a while, but he really does seem to be hearing very well now. I saw Casey and the female lawyer looking at the screen during the sidebars. The screen was not all the way down.

I think Cindy's use of the ***** word was very tacky. Someone has to continually make Cindy just answer the question she is asked instead of going off into a monologue of all she would like to say.

Loved seeing and hearing Yuri on the stand yesterday and today! It is reassuring to me to hear he and Allen on the stand. They do not play.

*Was disappointed Baez got off so easily!

Thank you to everyone for the updates. For those of us who were forced to move away from their computers after doing NOTHING for the last 2 days of the these hearings...it is greatly appreciated.

Respectfully snipped>>

What have we learned today??

--- Yuri Melich is one good looking man.

That he is...thanks for the reminder LolaMoon! LOL

As I watched yesterday, I caught myself doodling...

Mrs Everyoneneedsavoice Melich
Miss ENAV Melich
Ms Everyoneneedsavoice-Melich

:blushing::blushing::blushing:

-- The Academy of Motion Pictures and Sciences is in the process of sending Jose Angel Baez a Oscar for his astounding performance today.

Respectfully edited.

Jose Baez will be duly recognized for his outstanding performance in "The (Drama) King's Speech" :D

--- Yuri Melich is one good looking man. It appears to me that he holds no animosity towards the Anthony's (Cindy, George and Lee) and was very gentle when explaining to the court that him and Cindy had some disagreements, and imo, he was very sympathetic about what they were going through and what they are still going through.

-- JB tried to pull a fast one (imo, on purpose) in calling Cindy Anthony to the stand without giving LDB a chance to cross exam John Allen. She was not happy about this... at all. I think she was actually dumbfounded?

-- John Allen was very professional and honest. That is about all I can say because he was up there for only a short time.

-- Cindy Anthony.... oh, Cindy. She did get reprimanded by Judge Perry today for speaking over LDB's objection. She basically pulled a George and said she wasn't finished. Everyone got a good laugh at her expense when she would not SHUT UP... Even Cheney Mason who was TRYING to get her to get to the point. She confirmed... imo... that she was not an "Agent of the State" when she answered "not willingly or knowingly." CASE CLOSED!

-- I really like Dorthy Clay Sims so far. She was professional and argues well. I have no idea what it was all about, but I think she is a good addition to Casey's defense. I want Casey to have a good defense so that she can not get off.

-- Cheney Mason, who I never really had that much of a problem with before, was great today. He was charming and I really liked the back and forth between Cheney and Linda. It was fun and you could tell that they really do like one another and are probably even friends outside the courtroom. I didn't have a problem with understanding him at all. Keep it up Cheney!

-- Casey!! Is just Casey. Writing. Smiling. Rolling her eyes. I think my favorite moment of Casey today is when she was NOT happy with JB helping LDB with names. She didn't like that at all.

-- The Academy of Motion Pictures and Sciences is in the process of sending Jose Angel Baez a Oscar for his astounding performance today.

-- GEORGE!!! I am 100% convinced that your behavior in court will give Judge Perry no other choice but to sequester you and your wife (her behavior yesterday) during trial. You have no respect for these legal proceedings and will continue your distracting behavior into trial. Good job, sir!

Would you please copy and stick this in the summary thread. Pretty please. :)

Maybe expound on your reason for thinking JB is gonna be getting an Oscar. I don't think it would make sense to those that didn't witness his performance. :lol: And maybe forgo the part about how good looking YM is. (Although I totally agree! It doesn't have much bearing on the outcome of the hearing, iykwim.)

I'm glad it was all worked out and nothing "formal" will happen to Baez. I don't give a %&** about him, I just want to see this trial happen and KC convicted.

I just hope that Baez was really humbled and actually meant that apology, but I will not hold my breath on that one. I honestly do hope that his 'snark' and 'cockiness' will stay out of the courtroom in the future.

MOO

...we'll I'll wait it out but I think we are done.

CNN no longer has it up on their LIVE link,as they did during recess yesterday
It is no loner listed on their schedule for upcoming live streams.

This trial will start on May 9th, 2011 with jury selection. I have said this before, but something extremely catastrophic would have to happen for this trial to be delayed. I think even if the whole State of Florida disconnected from the United States and floated off into the Gulf of Mexico... this trial will happen in May (Florida jury and we would still have airports for all the witnesses to fly in). That is how convinced I am that Judge Perry will not delay this trial another day.

I personally felt more satisfaction with Jose's speech, although a farce, than with him being punished financially or otherwise. I needed a good laugh after these past few days.

For anyone that is willing to recap and put it in the Summary thread -

Here is the list of supplemental witnesses that the State was asking to have stricken. I have been busy and don't know how HHJP ruled.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6129695&postcount=209"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - List of Motions **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE**[/ame]

ETA: Here is the list of witnesses (Thanks to ThinkTank and MM :rocker:)

Witnesses already on State Witness List
1 - Maya Derkovic - Inmate
2 - Robyn Adams - Inmate
3 - Anne Pham - TES searcher - friend of Laura Buchanan
4 - Kasper Jordan - TES searcher - rebuttal witness to Defense witness Laura Buchanan

Witness already on Defense Penalty Phase Witness List
5 - Kenneth Drupiewski - Grad Colonial HS 2003 - Casey dated Kenneth in HS before Casey dated Jesse G - - Friend of Dante Salati and Annie Downing

New Defense witnesses
6 - Kathleen Belich - reporter
7 - Marvin Schecter - Attorney in NY

I am the only that is still mad that JB got off with a simple "apologize to your friends." tell them you will never do that again, judge". Oh no! not ever again! promise!" I thought this judge was tough as nails? what happened?

One thing I have noticed is that Mason really does not read that 'real time' screen very much at all. He may glance at it once in a while, but he really does seem to be hearing very well now. I saw Casey and the female lawyer looking at the screen during the sidebars. The screen was not all the way down.

I think Cindy's use of the ***** word was very tacky. Someone has to continually make Cindy just answer the question she is asked instead of going off into a monologue of all she would like to say.

Loved seeing and hearing Yuri on the stand yesterday and today! It is reassuring to me to hear he and Allen on the stand. They do not play.

*Was disappointed Baez got off so easily!

BBM - What word?? I missed something? The b-word? Did she use a swear word on stand?

I just have to comment after watching Judge Perry hear the motion re: Kathi Belich that the judge knows the witnesses and the case better than Mason. He really does! He's very impressive.

I just hope that Baez was really humbled and actually meant that apology, but I will not hold my breath on that one. I honestly do hope that his 'snark' and 'cockiness' will stay out of the courtroom in the future.

MOO
Yeah, I get what you mean, but I really could not care less about what happens to him when he messes up and him getting "free passes" so long as the trial scoots along and starts on time and Caylee's killer is convicted. Baez's bullcrap is just a distraction. I'll let the Florida Bar worry about his antics.

Thank you to everyone for the updates. For those of us who were forced to move away from their computers after doing NOTHING for the last 2 days of the these hearings...it is greatly appreciated.

Respectfully snipped>>

That he is...thanks for the reminder LolaMoon! LOL

As I watched yesterday, I caught myself doodling...

Mrs Everyoneneedsavoice Melich
Miss ENAV Melich
Ms Everyoneneedsavoice-Melich

:blushing::blushing::blushing:

I actually fell on the floor laughing.

I am the only that is still mad that JB got off with a simple "apologize to your friends." tell them you will never do that again, judge". Oh no! not ever again! promise!" I thought this judge was tough as nails? what happened?

Nope, manatee, you are not alone. I am right there with you. Baez did not change overnight. It will take me more than hearing his little speech today to see if his actions really reflect that apology.

As I said earlier, I will not hold my breath on that one. He will have to drastically change his demeanor and behavior in the future along with obeying the court's orders to make me believe anything he says.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member