2011.03.04 Motions Hearing - #2 (PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for the mods. We know that a lot of us are in for the long haul. Is it feasible to have a companion thread- maybe in the parking lot- for chit chat and what not? Do I make sense?

I thought she used the s word.

I was busy but listening and watching with one eye on the video.

That is what I heard too. IIRC, she used it while referring (quoting?) what one of the detective said to her. (I believe John Allen?)

That is what I heard too. IIRC, she used it while referring (quoting?) what one of the detective said to her. (I believe John Allen?)

LOL! Yes!

I have a question for the mods. We know that a lot of us are in for the long haul. Is it feasible to have a companion thread- maybe in the parking lot- for chit chat and what not? Do I make sense?

I know there are a few threads down there but not sure what the topics are or if there is a chit-chat thread. I am not a PL mod but I will pass on the request to the right mods.

Done for the day? I thought there was a 1:30 hearing, but the majors don't seem to be covering it.

Mel

I am the only that is still mad that JB got off with a simple "apologize to your friends." tell them you will never do that again, judge". Oh no! not ever again! promise!" I thought this judge was tough as nails? what happened?

I said earlier, some days ago, someone here and I cannot remember who, suggested JB could have made an apology and avoided all this rigmarole - s/he acutally wrote a paragraph stating what he should say (I remember AZ replied to it affirmatively). What Baez said was pretty darn close and spot on in sentiment.

I surely understand your feelings - most of us here have been dumbfounded by some of his antics for nearly 3 years, but, I think his mea culpa was satisfactory and in larger sense will do more good. I don't think he will EVER pull that stunt again (ok, ok, well maybe not in front of HHJP). Contempt of court is not something any attorney wants on his record. His actions have already probably made him some powerful enemies. This was his only opportunity for redemption. Listen to HHJPs summary of the event. I thought it was extremely eloquent and fair.

So the way I look at it, JB has no more time outs and the clock is running... Again, in the larger sense of perhaps learning something, and moreover, getting to trial and keeping the trial on track the appropriate sanction was made.

IMHO

The mood in court was a popular topic. WFTV anchor Vanessa Echols noted that colorful language from Cindy Anthony got a reaction from her daughter. Cindy testified that investigators had told the Anthonys they didn’t like or trust Baez.

“As that exchange continued about Jose Baez, Casey at one point seemed to console him [Baez] by patting him on the thigh — an awkward moment after Cindy said investigators thought he was ‘full of it’ — and she didn’t use the word it,” Barrett said. “Cindy said much of her motivation was simply to find Caylee.”

Barrett also described the Anthony-Baez moment this way: “Things got a little touchy-feely between them.”

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...tvguy+(TV+Guy)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

I know there are a few threads down there but not sure what the topics are or if there is a chit-chat thread. I am not a PL mod but I will pass on the request to the right mods.

Thank you! I know may is gonna be rough on you guys~

:wave:

I've checked Fox, WESH, WFTV, and CNN for livestream links. Looks as if there are no links operating for this afternoon's case status hearing. :(

In Sessions said they would be back for a status hearing - do we have official word yet? I was busy working on a surprise slide show of the days event! It can be found on my photobucket: http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/...uch/Jan32011 Hearing/March 2/March 3/March 4/ And that link is in the Summary thread too! (If anyone knows what link code I use for the slide show, write in the way you know and let me know! LOL)

In Sessions said they would be back for a status hearing - do we have official word yet? I was busy working on a surprise slide show of the days event! It can be found on my photobucket: http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/...uch/Jan32011 Hearing/March 2/March 3/March 4/ And that link is in the Summary thread too! (If anyone knows what link code I use for the slide show, write in the way you know and let me know! LOL)

Link to slide show:

[ame="http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/LifeCoachOnTheCouch/Jan32011%20Hearing/March%202/March%203/March%204/?action=view&current=831c0c80.pbw"]March 4 :: March 4 Motions Hearing slideshow by LifeCoachOnTheCouch - Photobucket[/ame]

Anyone?
What happened to the Status Hearing at 1:30

:wave:

I've checked Fox, WESH, WFTV, and CNN for livestream links. Looks as if there are no links operating for this afternoon's case status hearing. :(

upthread a bit...HHJPs last summary seemed to indicate they had covered everything that needed to be covered during the last 3 days

Wesh (I think) facebook update indicated they were done for the day. So, here we are.

Thanks!!!!
OMG!! :floorlaugh: Photo 12 looks like Mason is about to attack LDB :floorlaugh:

I am curious who the older lady(grey top) and gentleman(white jacket) are on the prosecution side...they are sitting apart thought...Just curious...

Cindy Testifies, Baez Apologizes At Casey Hearing
Posted: 8:55 am EST March 4, 2011
Updated: 1:20 pm EST March 4, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony and her attorneys were back in the courtroom Friday morning as a scheduled 2-day hearing pushed into a third day. Prosecutors and defense attorney's furthered their cases over the admissibility of conversations between Casey and her family, but not before taking up a matter concerning WFTV.

CASEY ENTERS 03/04: See Images | Raw Video
BELICH RULING: Watch Raw Video | Motion
CINDY ANTHONY: Raw Testimony
PERRY CRACKS WHIP: Judge Chastises Attorneys
BAEZ APOLOGY: Regarding Contempt Allegations
DETECTIVE MELICH: Part 1 Of 2 | Part 2
IN COURT 03/04: Key Players In The Case
READ: Motions To Be Heard March 2-3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Things got heated fast with Judge Belvin Perry reprimanding Casey Anthony for arriving to the courtroom late. The hearing was scheduled for 8:45am, but Casey didn't arrive until around 8:50am.

Judge Perry explained that he would not wait for "clothes" to start the hearing and said that when he sets a hearing for 8:45am, it needs to start at that time. Apparently, Casey's clothes were late arriving for her at the courthouse.

After that bit of procedural reprimand, things got started with WFTV's own attorney, Greg Thomas, arguing to strike WFTV reporter Kathi Belich from the defendant's witness list (read motion).

more
http://www.wftv.com/news/27077737/detail.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads