2011.04.27 - Day three of the trial -LE interview with Barlow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been gone and just finished catching up on the posts. To clarify, was this interrogation the one done the day of the murder?
And if so, did his neighbor already know about the affair? Maybe from Sheri or his wife?

So he didn't realize he was having an affair. Really? I guess a man who is so stupid that he leaves clues all over the place indicating he is the one who murdered his wife is probably stupid enough to not understand what makes an affair "an affair". You'd think he would have had a hint when he found himself having sex with her.

And finally - they showed pictures of a naked Sheri. I hope they show the pictures Chris sent of himself. He was so proud of himself - it's only fair to allow his family, Sheri's family, jurors, media and guests to see the masterpiece. I'm sure his family would be so proud of their young, virile son/brother/nephew....... Would he feel any shame? Did he show any shame when LE presented the picture in the video? Did he show any shame as the interrogation was shown to the jury?

Sorry - I am literally amazed by the ignorant things this man did and especially because he thought no one else could figure it out.

I don't know if I believe a word he says so whether or not Joyce Meyers' family knew about the affair or not is up for debate. I can't judge them since all we've heard is Coleman's side of things, as far as I know. I may have missed something?

So...this article says:

>>The defense has said Coleman had an affair but did not kill his family. They have highlighted evidence of a stranger entering the house.<<

So...this is "evidence"? or "thud"? Chris says there was an unrecognized car that passed when he backed out. The video shows he went out forward and he didn't slow for any car at all.

The defense, early on said something about a palm print on the window?

>>He also said evidence would show that an unidentified palm print and footprints had been found in the house.<<

Yeah, was that just a "thought" they wanted lingering in their head, that there was evidence, but they never show that evidence (because there is no evidence?) So, in one trial the jurors were able to ask questions. That would be my first question, "In opening arguments, you said there was evidence, you haven't shown that to us, would you like to show it to us now?" Then, after they show it (if they show it), I would say, "Have you interviewed every friend of the Coleman's? Every person who came in to work on the security equipment? Friends of Coleman's were there the week before, did you check all of their shoeprints? How about Det. Barlow, he was there, did you check all of his shoe prints, he offered to help Chris set up his equipment previously, did you check the shoes he was wearing that day? How about a washing repair man, or a window repair man who might have come to give a quote on fixing the window, did you check his shoe prints? How about all of their palms? Did they all give you palm prints to compare?"

So far, no evidence that points to Chris' innocence. So far, what we see is a man who is injured, is asked, then bangs himself up to cover it. Who says he went out of the driveway backward, but the truth shows him differently. That he wasn't having affair, that it began in Feb/Mar, etc. etc. and then he may tell the truth ONLY when others find it.

Chris is guilty, that's easy and to be honest, if I was a juror, I would want to ask the judge a sincere question. I would want to say, "Judge, I have all of the evidence I reasonably need at this point in time to convict Chris Coleman. For me, there is no shadow of doubt that he murdered this family. I know he lied to the police, I saw it on videos -- it is a proven, there is no reasonable doubt. Chris as a proven liar, one who lied to point suspicion to an unrecognized car that did not exist, was trying to throw people off. Chris said the family was alive at 5:43AM when he left. Two well trained medical professionals have said there is no way, those bodies were dead no later than 5AM. So, a proven liar has said that the bodies were alive when the professionals say 'It wasn't even close, they were dead before 5AM.'"

I would want to tell the judge, at this point, there is no argument that could dispute the truth of what I know. The truth is not disputable. Chris said they were sleeping when he left, he lied, they were dead, he killed them. I would want to ask the judge if he could poll the jurors to find out if they all felt the same way I do, i.e. Chris killed them, you can't change the truth AND there is absolutely NO ARGUMENT whatsoever that could possibly change that truth OR mitigate "why" he did so. What we know at this point is as good as a video of him having committed the murders, and thank God we don't have that.

In essence, I am saying this is a situation where to permit this trial to go on one more day (given that all jurors feel the same way), would be a joke, a mere matter of decorum that spits in the face of truth, and an expense the state should not have to bear. If Chris confessed at this point, the trial would stop. He has been proven to be the murderer at this point, in my mind, and I believe the same should occur -- the trial should stop, the sentencing phase should begin.

Unprecedented perhaps... I don't know.

Kimster, you're absolutely right. I was sad reading Kathy LaPlante's statement--well for a number of reasons but one of them was how DM apparently dealt with KLP's apparent grief and her suspicions about the death of her friend.

But after much mental cud-chewing--really, even if JMM was no part of the lives of any player in this case, it doesn't matter. Whoever he worked for, CC lied. Abundantly and poorly. To his wife and children most of all.

The more I learn about this case, the more it sinks in how desperately terrified and isolated Sheri must have felt. She had to protect her boys, and I'm sure she did her best to shield them from what was going on between her and Chris. She let KLP in on just enough that when the murders happened it set off all Kathy's alarm bells, and thank god for that. But to consider the daily tightrope that Sheri walked in the months before her murder is just heartbreaking.

Prosecutors said Coleman texted Lintz several times that last night, including while his wife was in the same room.

Read more: http://www.bnd.com/2011/04/27/1686492/jurors-seeing-more-of-colemans.html#ixzz1KkKdKCJl

He was texting his mistress while his wife was in the same room! Was that after the nice dinner and snow cones when their marriage was getting better?

I guess he was shoving his affair in Sheri's face. Why even argue? He had already decided Sheri had to die. The boys must have heard a blow up. I'm sad to realize what was going on in their home.

I think he and Tara were taunting Sheri with their affair. I think that's what the Prosecutor meant when he said the jury would learn of the intensity and (I think) "audacity" of their affair.
These are cruel people.

I sure wish she had just wanted a divorce. And gotten far away from him with the boys.

so disgusted and horrified at this case.

Unbelievable that it went to trial, IMO.

Unfortunately the accused wouldn't admit that he was an adulterer and murderer. He thought he could kill his family, then slip away to warmer climates and be with his girlfriend. Sheri wouldn't divorce him, she believed the marriage was strong enough to work things out. Her belief in God and family would get them through. Poor thing didn't take into account the man she had married was a monster.

What a family!

republictimes Republic-Times

#colemantrial Trial ends for day, but drama unfolds as Barlow accuses Coleman's bro of mouthing threat at him while on stand. Brother denies
6 minutes ago Favorite Retweet

What a family!

republictimes Republic-Times

#colemantrial Trial ends for day, but drama unfolds as Barlow accuses Coleman's bro of mouthing threat at him while on stand. Brother denies
6 minutes ago Favorite Retweet

I saw this too, and cannot wait for the news to get one in 15 minutes!
Chris Hayes on Fox2
&#8206;#colemantrial bombshell with alleged threat to a witness. Exclusive confrontation on Fox2 news@6 @fox2now

Wonder if this is the same brother from the deer killing video? Does he realize he just threatened a US Marshall? WOW, this family never ceases to amaze me!!!

I've been gone and just finished catching up on the posts. To clarify, was this interrogation the one done the day of the murder?
And if so, did his neighbor already know about the affair? Maybe from Sheri or his wife?

I'm not sure if this is only from the day or the murders or not. I seem to recall he was at the Police Department for some time that day, after being released from the hospital for his treatment for (mock) hysteria... but then was back a day or so later?!? He left the police department in long sleeves, even though it was hot that day... I remember that clearly because I was guessing he was trying to hide defensive wounds on his arms. Anyone else remember that? I wouldn't think LE would have the phone from the ministry that fast, unless it was in the mysterious black back with his wallet, etc... that was in the kitchen the day of the murders. I need to go back & read the search warrants.

I saw this too, and cannot wait for the news to get one in 15 minutes!
Chris Hayes on Fox2
&#8206;#colemantrial bombshell with alleged threat to a witness. Exclusive confrontation on Fox2 news@6 @fox2now

Wonder if this is the same brother from the deer killing video? Does he realize he just threatened a US Marshall? WOW, this family never ceases to amaze me!!!

Please keep us informed. I wonder if they realize how they are presenting to anyone outside of their bubble?

Please keep us informed. I wonder if they realize how they are presenting to anyone outside of their bubble?

Have all 3 news stations set to record... I have no clue how to post it on youtube or something like that. They really should put the video recaps on their websites.

Can they charge him with intimidating a witness? hmmm.... two Coleman's in one jail :floorlaugh:

I don't know! I sure as heck hope he's not allowed in the courtroom again if it's true!

See? They need cameras in there! :snooty:

I'm not sure if this is only from the day or the murders or not. I seem to recall he was at the Police Department for some time that day, after being released from the hospital for his treatment for (mock) hysteria... but then was back a day or so later?!? He left the police department in long sleeves, even though it was hot that day... I remember that clearly because I was guessing he was trying to hide defensive wounds on his arms. Anyone else remember that? I wouldn't think LE would have the phone from the ministry that fast, unless it was in the mysterious black back with his wallet, etc... that was in the kitchen the day of the murders. I need to go back & read the search warrants.

He is in his workout clothes which suggests this is immediately after the murders were discovered.

They sure discovered ole Tara fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members