2011.04.27 - Day three of the trial -LE interview with Barlow

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is in his workout clothes which suggests this is immediately after the murders were discovered.

They sure discovered ole Tara fast.

He consented that day for LE to look at his phones... did he not think they'd look at his pictures and texts with Tara? Oh she's just a friend, but I send her pictures of my penis just for fun! Seriously!!! The ego & confidence he possessed thinking he'd get away with this just STUNS me!

On a side note, totally unrelated to the trial... but they're reporting live from Chester where the Coleman family lives and they are in danger of flooding. Jackson counties Big Muddy River has levees leaking. Wonder if the Coleman's are returning home each day, or staying closer? They may not be able to get in & out of there soon.

I saw this too, and cannot wait for the news to get one in 15 minutes!
Chris Hayes on Fox2
‎#colemantrial bombshell with alleged threat to a witness. Exclusive confrontation on Fox2 news@6 @fox2now

Wonder if this is the same brother from the deer killing video? Does he realize he just threatened a US Marshall? WOW, this family never ceases to amaze me!!!

apparently he mouthed the words "you're dead" to Barlow.

It sounds like a death threat to me. Unbelieveable!

Well, then this should be taken very seriously. A woman and two children are dead. A death threat during a murder trial? Treat him like any , like any Mafioso!

Charge him. Jail him.

These Colemans are seeming more disturbed every day.

He is in his workout clothes which suggests this is immediately after the murders were discovered.

They sure discovered ole Tara fast.

Chris' dad told them about Tara on the day on the murders.

Does Brad Coleman really think that the Judge or anyone else in that courtroom is going to believe him over Justin Barlow? I mean, really? Justin Barlow was sitting up there on the stand and thought to himself, I am gonna screw these Colemans a little more and make up a story saying that Brad threatened me while I was testifying. Man, these people are absolutely ridiculous!! Wonder what mommy and daddy are thinking now??

Sure hope they don't end up closing the courtroom altogether over this idiot.

Apparently, the threat was made as they were walking out of the courtroom/courthouse, not while he was on the stand.

OMG!!! So Brad Coleman mouthed the words "You're dead" to Barlow!!!

News Recaps... or should I say transcripts. I'll do transcipts so those without access to the local news will have word for word what is reported. They are all teasing more at 6 & 10!

Fox2: It's an amazing piece of video where two detectives are grilling CC while simultaneously getting evidence from field officers all across the country. Sgt. Justin Barlow is the main interogator of CC on the morning & afternoon of May 5, 2009. For six hours, detectives asked Coleman for help to solve the strangulations. Coleman appears cooperative at first, but never really gives officers any meat. One officer pleaded "Wrack your brain", Coleman whined in response "I don't know. I guess look at the forensics, check the cameras, they've got to have something". Coleman repeatedly says he doesn't have anything to say and calls his relationship with his mistress, Tara Lintz, as a friendship and denies any sexual talk saying "No, I didn't want to do that to our kids". Then officers tell him that homicide detectives in St. Petersburgh, Florida are talking to her. Coleman then confirms sending nude pictures of himself from a JMM phone
and confirmed having sex with Lintz. Coleman added "I didn't think it was an affair. An affair is living with them and you're getting married." Then police tell Coleman they know about the affair after talking to Tara Lintz, he responds "That's just what I told Tara" after asking about plans to marry. All new on the Edge at 6, a shocker... at the end of court
CC's brother was accussed of threatening a witness on the stand. We catch up with them exclusively on Fox2 News at 6.

KMOV4: The CC Murder Trial continues. Today jurors watching as attorneys dissected the police interrogation of Coleman that took place on the day his wife and sons were found murdered. In a videotaped interviewed detectives hammered Coleman insisting his wife and sons were dead before he left the house. PD reporter Nick Pistor says Coleman repeatedly answered "They were still alive". News 4 is teaming up with the Post to cover this trial. Colemans wife Sheri and sons Gavin & Garrett were found strangled in their beds, that was two years ago in May. Prosecutors say Coleman killed them so he could be with his mistress in Florida. On the tape, Coleman denied he was having an affair. The mistress might be testifying later this week.

KSDK5: Some tense moments at the court house today in the Chris Coleman murder trial involving Coleman's brother and the Detective who was on the witness stand. Newschannel 5's Casey Nolen was in the courtroom for the brief confrontation and he joins us on the phone now to tell us what happened. Casey "yeah mike, as court was letting out for the day, US Marshall Justin Barlow stepped down from the witness stand and looked at Colemans' brother Brad Coleman and said something to the effect of "are you okay or do you need something" kind of putting Brad Coleman on the spot who seemed surprised by it all. Then after the jury left the room Barlow had the bailiffs call Brad Coleman back into the courtroom and confronted him saying he wasn't going to stand for any threats against him or his family. Barlow is a former Columbia IL police detective who interviewed CC on the day he is accussed of killing his wife and two sons. Barlow said as he stepped down from the witness box he saw Brad Coleman, Chris' brother, mouth the words "You're dead" to him. Then the judge called all the
attorneys, Coleman's brother, and Barlow all back in the courtroom. He swore both Barlow and Brad Coleman back in, rather the first time for Brad Coleman to be sworn in in this process, and told Brad Coleman he would not tolerate any jesters of any kind and said he was in danger of being in contempt of court and getting arrested. Brad Coleman insisted the whole thing was a misunderstanding, infact he and Barlow shook hands, but you could tell the former Columbia detective was upset by what he believes he saw. The judge said he would be instructing bailiffs to keep an eye on Brad Coleman if he was going to be coming back to the courtroom. As for what the jury did see Mike, it was more video today. The reason Barlow was on the stand today is because he is one of the investigators in the video taped interview of Chris Coleman the jurors heard more of today. Throughout that tape Coleman continued to plead his innocence in the interview. The interview itself really changed to a more aggressive interrogation today from what we saw yesterday.

Apparently, the threat was made as they were walking out of the courtroom/courthouse, not while he was on the stand.

Barlow said it happened while he was coming off on the stand, but the accusation came after he left the stand and after the jury left. Barlow is using his head not making this an issue with the jury there causing a mistrial.

So, we have Brad, who threatened a US Marshall who also happened to be a witness - a death threat to be exact - and who enjoyed strangling a deer with his bare hands and was nice enough to record this for everyone's enjoyment. I've read that people capable of murder usually begin by mistreating/torturing animals. Nice.

There is Keith who left his first wife for his girlfriend, and was courteous enough to empty and close the joint bank accounts with wife #1. I'm sure he was just helping her by taking care of the money so she could concentrate on the unpaid bills. Oh, yes - and Pastor Ron married Keith and his mistress 2 weeks after the divorce. JMO, but I'm thinking Keith is the "golden child" - he hasn't murdered anyone at this point (that we are aware of).

And finally, Chris - using his ministry phone to send nude photos of himself, not even covering himself with a fig leaf, (as in Adam and Eve fame), while plotting the murder of his wife and 2 children. And, I might add, the plan was a disaster from the beginning. (Thank goodness he never held a real job where he had to do any real planning.) I'm guessing intelligence wasn't his strong suit. IIRC Sheri told her friends Pastors Ron and Connie didn't like her because she trapped him into marriage. (Can someone explain to them this wasn't an immaculate conception?) He was lucky she gave him the time of day and loved him so much. IMO, he is unlovable.

Ron and Connie - 3 strikes, you're out.

And this is his brother that is a prison guard at Menard Prison in Chester, IL and a part-time Chester cop. I hope he loses his job over this!

I saw this too, and cannot wait for the news to get one in 15 minutes!
Chris Hayes on Fox2
‎#colemantrial bombshell with alleged threat to a witness. Exclusive confrontation on Fox2 news@6 @fox2now

Wonder if this is the same brother from the deer killing video? Does he realize he just threatened a US Marshall? WOW, this family never ceases to amaze me!!!

Kinda reminds me of another family I know - a certain person who likes to leave viscious voice mails to one that wants to help the family.

Both of these families - sick - the lot of them!

MOO

Mel

It's not the defenses turn to show their evidence. Right now all they are going to do is try to punch holes in the prosecution's evidence. Trying to create reasonable doubt. The defense probably has no evidence at all to put on. I imagine they will have church people testifying that he's such a good husband and father, that's going to be their evidence. I hope the judge doesn't allow this circus defense.

I just wanted to add that this type of defense attorney in my opinion is total scum. If they had anything to bring up against Sherri believe me they would try to paint her as being violent or of bad character.

Wow they are interviewing Brad!! Fox2news

Brad Coleman says the whole thing is a misunderstanding and he and Barlow end up shaking hands? Color me confused ...

I think a sense of entitlement and narcissism run in this family, moo.

He seemed to be a bit nervous during that interview. Looking for a link

Fox2 Edge: A shocker at the end of todays Christopher Colemans triple murder trial. A witness accused Colemans brother of threatening him on the stand. Fox2 News' Chris Hayes caught up with him exclusively. He's live in Waterloo with the story, Chris...
Sandy Chris Coleman's brother Brad sat a few people down from me in court. Suddenly at the end of the day, he's in a heated exchange with Sgt. Justin Barlow in the middle of the courtroom. Barlow said he said Brad Coleman mouth the words "You're dead". We caught up with Coleman after court...
CH: Sgt. Barlow thought you mouthed you're dead. What did you say?
BC: I did not make that statement. Me and Mr. Barlow have spoken and Me and Mr. Barlow are fine (a wave of his hand)
CH: And what did you say?
BC: (another wave off of the hand, while nodding his head yes) Me and Mr. Barlow are fine.
CH: You're not going to say what you said?
BC: (exaggerated shake of the head) No Sir. No Sir. We're Fine, we're fine.
video cuts out as BC is walking back into court to help his mother in her wheelchair, then cuts back in ...
BC: The only statement that was made was I leaned over (head points to his right) spoke to my spouse that I didn't believe him and I have the right not to believe him and (eyes rollup in his head) me and Mr. Barlow spoke and everything is resolved (his head is shaking no and nodding yes at the same time the entire time he says this)
CH: Can you see why he thought that or interpretted that?
BC: He just didn't, he just couldn't hear me from there and had no idea so... (again, shaking head strange, waving hands, eyes moving all over other than just at the reporter)
CH: Why were you looking at him?
BC: I was, he was the last person speaking sir, so... (the head & eye movement is making me nuts! i hope they air this for ya'll!) That was it, that was the end... Thank you. (Walks away.)

The judge issued a stern warning after both parties agreed to disagree. Judge Milton Wharton has made it clear there will be no gesturing in court.

He seemed to be a bit nervous during that interview. Looking for a link

NO DOUBT!!! Did he drive you nuts or what? Kept shaking his head, nodding his head, rolling his eyes up in his head, waving his arms... he is SO lying! Guess it runs in the family, huh? That was creepy! Hope they link it on the website so everyone can see it! WOW!

Brad Coleman says the whole thing is a misunderstanding and he and Barlow end up shaking hands? Color me confused ...

I think a sense of entitlement and narcissism run in this family, moo.

Brad is full of crap! They agreed to disagree on what happened. I trust Barlow, why would he lie? Brad has every reason to lie and say that never happened. They need cameras in the courtroom! And I totally agree with your statement about the entitlement & narcissism. This family gives a whole new meaning to dysfuntion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500