2011.05.17 Jury Selection DAY EIGHT (Afternoon Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hard to find too many people who have not heard about the case, the ones who say they know NOTHING at all, well, I have a hard time believing them.

keep up with your strikes, JB & co, then the next 8 will all be like this guy - yup she is guilty...uh, sure, I can set that aside....
Then the state can say No further questions...LMAO

You're not alone nursebeeme. I feel positive about it as well. None of us are jury consultants. I wouldn't know a "strong" juror if one slapped me in the face. The sky is falling attitude is really depressing. What happened to all the faith in the state's case?

I agree and disagree. I agree that casey will eventually face justice. I agree that the state's case is a very strong one. But the state made a huge mistake in voir dire with juror 1319. The attorneys picked up on that pretty much immediately.

I don't say she will 100% cause a mistrial, but to me, she is a HUGE risk, due to what I feel is her inability to comprehend complicated evidence and due to her personality. I feel she is the type that will ignore what she does not understand and side with those that charm her. JB and CM are good at charming. She may find it hard to believe a young, attractive mom killed her kid. Put it this way, I was sick to my stomach and shocked when the whole voir dire spectacle happened with her and it bummed me out for a few days.

Nevertheless, I trust Nursebeeme's instinct and will embrace her positivity because I have read her posts for a long time now and I think she can teach many of us a thing or two!!

I am just back from about 1 1/4 hours of being gone...has anyone else passed thru or been taken off since they were waiting for a juror to show up?

He's very nervous (but not the nervous guy). I think he wants to get this over with ASAP. He does not have a computer.

Boy this guy is really quick to respond even cutting the person asking the questions off!!!

Juror doesn't have a computer - no online news, FB or Twitter.

Recognizes GA & CA as being parents, from what he recalls of 2008 TV coverage.

I've been on and off today, but from what I've seen, I don't see how anyone can look at ICA, and the way she's acted in court today, and not see guilty! She does not look like someone who's even remotely innocent. Sitting there laughing etc....when she's on trial for the murder of her sweet daughter!

could you imagine sitting there if you were innocent? you would not be smiling ever!! You would be thinking of your deceased child and would be so angry to be charged with a murder of someone you loved. You would be histerical whenever your childs name was said. This is the behavior of an innocent person, not smiling, chatting and rolling your eyes at the jurors. I sure hope the jurors can see through her! I lost a Daughter at the age of 14 from natural causes in 1983 and I still cry when her name is mentioned and look how long it's been. ICA is a disgrace! that's all I can say...

Knows CA and GA. Saw them on TV at the house and they were concerned about Caylee.

I wouldn't be surprised if he really doesn't know much about the case and is just saying she's guilty to get out of jury duty.
I suspect the opposite: that he initially came to the obvious conclusion of guilt, and is quite willing to play a role in helping to convict her.

He seems like he has quite a bit of knowledge about the case.

Juror # 3158
Does not have a computer - knows GA and CA are the parents, saw them at the house on tv in 2008
Says he can set aside his opinions and judge on evidence

I find it hard to find too many people who have not heard about the case, the ones who say they know NOTHING at all, well, I have a hard time believing them.

It may seem a stretch but it's totally believable. I'm here in Palm Beach County and there are a LOT of people who have no idea KC is.

Yesterday we had Seinfeld's low talker today it's the fast talker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member