2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a question:

If one of the potential jurors were a member of WS, but NOT a blogger, and answered "no" to the questions "Do you blog?" and "Do you read blogs?" is that a lie?

I wonder what would happen if that came out later. Are PJs supposed to know what the lawyers mean when they use the incorrect terminology?

This bugs me. Discuss.

I've posted a couple times about this. Being in IT, and being heavily involved with all things with computers for 30+ years, the butchering of these terms really bothers me.

I don't think the PJ's would get into any trouble for answering the questions the way the lawyers are posing them, correct, or not. I just wish, though, that someone from SA's office, with all of their degrees and researchers would, at some point, realize there is a big difference between blogs, message boards, facebook walls, and article comments. :banghead:

Question: How many strikes left for each side?

Is it 1 for DT and 4 for SA?
Plus 1 each for alternates?

TIA

Mimosa's for everybody!!!!!
I brought the Champagne and OJ to go with ynot's buffet..

:woot:

Anais french pressed coffee and nachomama's mimosas!

No wonder I love this place so much! :)

Here's a question:

If one of the potential jurors were a member of WS, but NOT a blogger, and answered "no" to the questions "Do you blog?" and "Do you read blogs?" is that a lie?

I wonder what would happen if that came out later. Are PJs supposed to know what the lawyers mean when they use the incorrect terminology?

This bugs me. Discuss.

No I don't think so, the courts apply the "reasonable person" test. PJs aren't supposed to be legal experts.

NOthing but rain here in RI. We got a tease of spring... and then rain and more rain and more rain.

Raising my vodka and oj (hey, I just got outta work... technically its my 5 o'clock...don't judge me... lol) Cheers to TODAY BEING THE DAY WE SEAT A JURY!!!!

Justice for Caylee Marie

We have a few days of Spring this week in Seattle....yes I feel the guilt.....I just hope that opening statements are next week when our rains return...Heck-we might even reach 70!!!!!!!!!!

NOthing but rain here in RI. We got a tease of spring... and then rain and more rain and more rain.

Raising my vodka and oj (hey, I just got outta work... technically its my 5 o'clock...don't judge me... lol) Cheers to TODAY BEING THE DAY WE SEAT A JURY!!!!

Justice for Caylee Marie

Nothing but rain here in PA, too. I'm sharpening up the machete to cut my jungle...er...lawn when the sun finally does decide to shine.

Here's a question:

This bugs me. Discuss.

Yes it would be a lie, and type of posting on the net!

TIA

I *think* the State still has 5 strikes. But, like I said, I am slacking so I could be wrong.

TIA

Sounds correct. (looked it up 15 minutes before I got here). If the state decides not to use challenges today we may have a jury.

Justice for Caylee Marie

My papa always said it's five o'clock somewhere! LOL

I've posted a couple times about this. Being in IT, and being heavily involved with all things with computers for 30+ years, the butchering of these terms really bothers me.

I don't think the PJ's would get into any trouble for answering the questions the way the lawyers are posing them, correct, or not. I just wish, though, that someone from SA's office, with all of their degrees and researchers would, at some point, realize there is a big difference between blogs, message boards, facebook walls, and article comments. :banghead:

I here you! I am IT also and it makes me crazy how they use these terms and very loosley define them. Can be confusing.

My prediction for the day: New jurors are called in and questioned. The PJ count gets to at least 12. When jurors are called in to be sworn, the PT and DT will start backstriking again, reducing the number. I think DT has at least 1 more current juror they wish to strike.

I will be surprised if any jurors get sworn in today. I also think the juror pool is going to run dry very soon.

Just my 2 cents.

I *think* the State still has 5 strikes. But, like I said, I am slacking so I could be wrong.

Busy week for me so I am in and out of the threads like a pop tart. I listen to live feed but really need WS to keep me up to speed.

:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member