2011.05.27 TRIAL Day Four (Morning Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am SO not in the mood for Baez today. :aktion1:

Likewise! Additionally, his idiosyncrasies are really getting on my nerves. Like how he prefaces every sentence/question with "Now"... and "And"... I don't know if I can take six-eight weeks of this.

HHJP hosting Law School 101 - DT hasn't met foundation States motion granted

YES!! Go Judge Perry! State's Motion in Limine is GRANTED!

HHJP - State's motion in limine will be granted.

Aside: woot!

LDB: we filed a motion to prohibit from the defense listing ? from witnesses. As to the admissability...it has been our experience so far that council has been asking witnesses things the defendant may or may not have said, there are acceptions for hearsay. For us to repeatedly object to this type of inquirey when council has already been warned. We are asking not to prohibit the question at this juncture but that council be ordered to proffer.

JB: our position is this is an untimely motion. but is timely for them. They can talk about spending the night, innuendos, the bruise...after they get it thought the back...one it is untimely second it limits cross. Certainly there are topics that are sensitive in nature topics that are close to objectionable. And to limit our cross of a witness affects the truth. We all know what we are talking about. They don't need advanced notice. This isn't a scripted events. To limit...providing proffers...I think the defense is significantly prejuiced...I think we have a theory of defense judge and we have a right to explore it...and ask them specific questions if there is an objection the prosecuters are capable of objecting.

HHJP: okay. Chapter 90 of the FL evidence code. Evidence must meet chapter 90. Attempts by the defense to illicit statements by the defendant though the witness. It is self serving. Under three acceptions there are foundation requirements. As of yet there has been no attempt to establish those three requirements. There for the states motion in limeline be proffered will be granted!

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

So if I understand correctly the DT is trying to get the witnesses to testify on the defendants behalf. With the questions he is asking. Chapter 90 of the Florida code if anyone wants to look it up.

Stop, Jose. You're not getting no stinking mistrial.

REnewing objection for Mistrial - no remorse and Character assassination...

JB renews motion for Mistrial due to attempted character assassination. Me thinks she already committed character suicide.

OMG.

Baez is asking for a mistrial again.

teh: I think your guesstimate of the number of times a mistrial will be requested by the DT may be accurate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member