2011.06.23 TRIAL Day Twenty-six (Afternoon Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see Logan just get up from his seat and leave the courtroom---not while the jury is there though---don't want a mistrial!

Ut Oh...CNN now showing Logan...now he is beginning to grow the 'head-horns'!

What's ICA doing looking down at her lap so much?

Bill S worried that if they open the cans there will be no proof left if we need a second trial. How many cans of stink were saved?

I think once they're resealed the stench emitting from the samples will re-stink up the cans if a re-trial is needed.

I half-expected JA to pitch the cans at the witness in a fit of rage.

Not good.

JA needs to keep his cool and behave like the professional that he is. A perceived violent demeanor on the part of a prosecutor may alienate a juror or two.

HaHa...I would help him...it might clear the "air" so to speak...:banghead:

Is this really about opening the cans or something else? I can't imagine this is how the SA would want to introduce this evidence...

Cans still sitting there..four cans of carpet sample is my understanding. only one tested.

Anyway, even if he could reproduce everything from the experiment with the same equipment, with the same settings, etc., the samples wouldn't be the same any more. It's been three years and chloroform is a volatile substance.

Wonder what the legal matter was? All JA ask if he had seen the cans and did he test them?

I wish they would just take the jurors on a little field trip, let them see and smell the car and let them decide if there's been "a dead body in the danmed trunk!"

Ut Oh...CNN now showing Logan...now he is beginning to grow the 'head-horns'!

This must be where the devil image got the idea of horns-- extreme stress and plotting. mo

Were I on the jury, all this fuss would ensure we would be opening these cans during deliberations....imho

The problem is that you really need context to recognize the scent. That is, unless you can see a dead body and smell that smell, thus associating the two things in your mind, the smell has no meaning beyond being really bad and unlike anything you may have smelled before.

This is really the heart of the matter with those claiming to know the smell. They do know it, because they've smelled a dead body and knew that was what they were smelling. It is true that it is unlike other smells. But in the absence of visual context, you just can't make the connection.

I suppose that the jury could smell the can and go, "Wow, that's the worst smell I've ever smelled (assuming the sample came out as intended), and maybe even involuntarily wretch. Given the circumstances of the collection and the testimony, they might then accept that it was te smell of a dead body. The defense, on the other hand, could always claim that in the absence of a body, there is no proof that the smell is coming from that body.

:cow:

Logan peeks out from behind the mountain of lrf;jrn;vouihs;ovgb!

cans still there.jpg

How many kjavshdubq;bkj does it take to find case law?

how many does it take to.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member