2011.10.11 - Nancy Grace Highlights Lisa Irwin Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're bound to be reading guilt off her, even if she's innocent of any inolvement, because this happened on her watch. Any mother would be racked with guilt if they slept through their own baby's kidnapping.

No kidding. That was something that didn't come from the arena of speculation.

;)

Yep. That would be quite interesting since mom claims she was sleeping and didn't hear anything.

You're bound to be reading guilt off her, even if she's innocent of any inolvement, because this happened on her watch. Any mother would be racked with guilt if they slept through their own baby's kidnapping.

It's more than that, Cappucino. There are times when the woman just disolves in hysterics over things you wouldn't think would set her off. For instance, she's getting through talking about the baby being missing, talking about someone possibly having taken this baby, but when a reporter asks her who went to sleep first and she says, "Lisa..." she's suddenly so hysterical she can no longer speak.

Don't get me wrong...I realize an innocent mother terrified for her child would have a wild range of emotions. But it's certain things that get her going while other things don't...just sends my hinky meter through the roof.

Especially with the baby monitor on and the baby in a room adjacent to where the mother was.

MOO

OT: Nancy and Tristan are currently in the bottom three - and in jeopardy. Fingers crossed that NG survives another week.

ETA: She's safe!!! Nancy Grace rocks!

She said again tonight that the boys fell asleep in bed watching a movie.
Debbie must have moved one or one must have gotten in bed with her....

This last caller said DB reminded her too much of Susan Smith and that the authorities better watch her...
Of course JVM said "now now, we can't jump to conclusions" but then they had a pic of Susan Smith available to put on the screen :lol:

Oh snap! The last thing Deborah needs is a comparison on tele to Susan Smith.

Doh - too late!

:floorlaugh:

OT: Nancy and Tristan are currently in the bottom three - and in jeopardy. Fingers crossed that NG survives another week.

ETA: She's safe!!! Nancy Grace rocks!

Thanks for the update - haven't watched it here on the WC. She did good last night, save for a few mistakes ;)

GO NANCY!

MK saying if parents are responsible, baby Lisa likely dead; if someone else responsible, likely she is still alive.

Makes sense, Marc.

He's stating the obvious. If a deranged woman who wanted a baby or had recently lost one broke in and took Baby Lisa, she's in loving hands.

If her parents are responsible for her disappearance, she's dead.

Not that hard to figure out, really. I think Mark Klaas has to spell things out in plain language sometimes for people who don't think these things through.

It's more than that, Cappucino. There are times when the woman just disolves in hysterics over things you wouldn't think would set her off. For instance, she's getting through talking about the baby being missing, talking about someone possibly having taken this baby, but when a reporter asks her who went to sleep first and she says, "Lisa..." she's suddenly so hysterical she can no longer speak.

Don't get me wrong...I realize an innocent mother terrified for her child would have a wild range of emotions. But it's certain things that get her going while other things don't...just sends my hinky meter through the roof.

BBM

I just can't get a clear picture of Deborah....and I'm still not off the fence. But I can see why that would upset her. I really,really can.

It could be that she is thinking of that night when Lisa went to sleep as a nice memory, and it is causing her a lot of pain. I always loved cuddling with my babies,singing a lullaby and rocking them to sleep. It was one of the best times of the day for me, and I cherish those memories. My babies were just so sweet when they were falling asleep. Maybe she feels the same way.
It would devastate me if I were in her place, and I thought of my baby's bedtime.
Or maybe it's because that's the last time she had any real interaction with Lisa, because the baby was sleeping soundly at 10:30. and she's afraid she will never get another chance.

It could all be plain grief with a normal amount of guilt over a failure to protect her child while someone took her, or it could be heavy guilt and grief from having something to do with whatever happened to Lisa.

I just cannot tell with this young woman. She's very hard for me to read.

He's stating the obvious. If a deranged woman who wanted a baby or had recently lost one broke in and took Baby Lisa, she's in loving hands.

If her parents are responsible for her disappearance, she's dead.

Not that hard to figure out, really. I think Mark Klaas has to spell things out in plain language sometimes for people who don't think these things through.

As much as ITA & understand, he needs to add "but she still needs to be found & someone brought to justice"...just add 3 more seconds to that sound bite IMO.

The homeless handyman creeps me out because it's very much like the Elizabeth Smart case.

That guy came into a house that was absolutely full of people, into a bedroom with another young girl, and got Elizabeth out of the house and kept her quite nearby in the woods with searchers right nearby. In this case, an advantage might be that a younger child would be harder to threaten and more likely just to cry - unless she was drugged.

But the possibility of someone who was watching the house and waiting is real to me.

Also, I think people overstate the whole "whoever it was knew the layout" thing. Frankly, the house isn't that large and there aren't that many possibilities about where the bedrooms would be. Anyone watching the house could figure out where the kitchen is, bedrooms, etc. As someone noted upthread, even a juvenile burglar, really anyone who's been in a few homes, can be in and out in no time.

We don't know that this "homeless handyman" has ever even been to Lisa's house. It sounds like some guy was walking around the neighborhood asking for odd jobs. He is not obligated to stick around, so the fact that he is "missing" means nothing.

My point wasn't that he had been inside. My points were:

- any adult can guess the layout of that house, including one who spent his time wandering the neighborhood

- police routinely look for suspects who were there, but aren't anymore. Disappearance from the scene is a frequent clue

- it would be not only feasible for someone to enter a house without disturbing the occupants, it's been done - and it would be much easier to pick up a child and leave than threaten Elizabeth Smart, sleeping in a room with a sister, to leave. Ditto Madeline McCann - she was in a room full of other kids, who didn't awake.

My point wasn't that he had been inside. My points were:

- any adult can guess the layout of that house, including one who spent his time wandering the neighborhood

- police routinely look for suspects who were there, but aren't anymore. Disappearance from the scene is a frequent clue

- it would be not only feasible for someone to enter a house without disturbing the occupants, it's been done - and it would be much easier to pick up a child and leave than threaten Elizabeth Smart, sleeping in a room with a sister, to leave. Ditto Madeline McCann - she was in a room full of other kids, who didn't awake.
The only thing, since this guy is homeless, he didn't exactly "disappear from the scene" did he? If he lived there and went missing that might have been significant, but he didn't.

He "disappeared" if he had been seen regularly riding around the neighborhood and approaching people in weird ways - but hasn't been seen since the night of the kidnapping.

I don't see this case being like the susan smith case at all . To me i see this case way more of a resembalence to the sabrina eisenberg case hopefully theres a better outcome here or at the very least A OUTCOME unlike poor sabrina..

His ex is certainly more likely - especially as she's lost custody of her own child.

Just jumping off your post. If anyone knows.. Do we know anything about his ex? She lost custody of the son? Is that a fact? If she did, why? Where does she live? Are we allowed to ask these questions?

I'm with you. If it's an abduction by a scorned ex, his ex is most likely than her ex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne