50/60 year old Amnesia Victim Savannah, GA Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using the text of Gina M's beautifully written correspondence, I contacted Dateline, 20/20, Nancy Grace and Nightline to see if they would be interested in picking up Mr. Kyle's story.

Story Ideas: Please send story ideas to Noah Oppenheim, Supervising Producer, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, Rm. 374E, New York, NY 10112. If your story idea is accepted, we will notify you.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/3079108/

The Today show states on their website that story ideas should be sent in by snail mail to the above address. Does someone want to do this? We'd probably have to print out the relevant articles that we would normally link to in an email. The Today show does have an email address - today@nbc.com - but I'm not sure if a story idea sent to this address would get forwarded to the right person. Any thoughts?

Haven't had a chance to talk to Betty yet....was thinking.....when researching matches it's important to list if they have DNA in CODIS....this will tell us who is NOT a match once we get his in.

Haven't had a chance to talk to Betty yet....was thinking.....when researching matches it's important to list if they have DNA in CODIS....this will tell us who is NOT a match once we get his in.

Great idea, Christine! And, if you still need for someone to compose the letter to, "The Reader's Digest" I will be glad to help.

Lion

Again, I must say that I am amazed at the work that has been put into finding Benjamin Kyle's identity.

I was wondering if anyone has considered that perhaps Mr. Kyle just walked away one day from a family or a wife that he was not getting along too well with-and no one reported him as missing. Perhaps just thinking that he had left and no need to look for him.

BK has a long slender nose-although the nose does change a little over the years-I think this is his main feature that excludes many of the side by sides by just looking at the pictures. Of course, people can look very different in different pictures even if they are taken close together in time. Just my thoughts.

I think that getting an article out in one of the magazines you have suggested would be great for the reason I stated in para 2. Maybe no one is looking for him.

Again, I must say that I am amazed at the work that has been put into finding Benjamin Kyle's identity.

I was wondering if anyone has considered that perhaps Mr. Kyle just walked away one day from a family or a wife that he was not getting along too well with-and no one reported him as missing. Perhaps just thinking that he had left and no need to look for him.

BK has a long slender nose-although the nose does change a little over the years-I think this is his main feature that excludes many of the side by sides by just looking at the pictures. Of course, people can look very different in different pictures even if they are taken close together in time. Just my thoughts.

I think that getting an article out in one of the magazines you have suggested would be great for the reason I stated in para 2. Maybe no one is looking for him.

I agree with you-there are a number of reasons someone may not have reported him missing. I have been reading pleas on a number of sites that involved familial disputes years old or abandonment. I would think that prospect has occurred to Mr. Kyle as well...it must be hard to anticipate what you might find on this journey.

Thanks believe. The reason I thought this is because I met a woman in NC one time a few years back. She told me that she didn't know where her husband was-that he just got up one day and left. I asked if he had looked for him-with the internet being so easy to find someone nowdays-and she replied, I never saw a reason to.

Thanks believe. The reason I thought this is because I met a woman in NC one time a few years back. She told me that she didn't know where her husband was-that he just got up one day and left. I asked if he had looked for him-with the internet being so easy to find someone nowdays-and she replied, I never saw a reason to.

Sometimes if it quacks like a duck!..for what it is worth, I contacted the Alumni directors for colleges in Indiana (I have this jones about Indiana given his accent and some of his statements forgive me) and sent them an email similar to the one I sent to Notre Dame. My criteria was that the college had been in existence for the last 50 years and had business degrees available, I sent the email.
-Butler
-Indiana State University
-Franklin College

I will chip away and let you know if I hear anything-let me know if you have other ideas I can help with, anyone!

I don't know if this remote possibility has been mentioned or not, and it would be a zebra(rare compared with a horse). But, if he moved to Canada having lived in the US for much of his earlier life, loved ones in Canada may still be looking for him in Canada.

Or, I wonder if he went missing long before the age of the internet. Perhaps many looked for him back then and are not looking for him now. Past newspaper articles are sometimes available via the net, yet we would have many to search through. Because Benjaman himself used words similar to, "It is like I've lost 20 years of my life" and, he didn't seem to initially see himself as having gray hair, I would go back as far as possible. I would love to see Benjaman's story go national in the hope that someone, somewhere recognizes him

I hope and pray that Benjaman can discover who he was and is:blowkiss:

Lion

I think LionRun would do a fantastic job writing the article for RD if Betty isn't able to or doesn't have the time to write the article. I know what an excellent writer/author Lion is!

Great idea, Christine! And, if you still need for someone to compose the letter to, "The Reader's Digest" I will be glad to help.

Lion

How about this guy?? He's been missing for long time but we really don't know how long Benjaman has been missing for.

William Edward DeLano Doe Network # 1093DMWA

WEDelano1.jpg
WEDelano.jpg
WEDelano2.jpg

Sorry I'm new at this so I don't know how to post pictures.

But I thought that the 1st one... the way the guy was holding his head... kind of reminded me of Benjaman in one of his pictures.

Lion, I've been pondering Benjaman's comment about him not recognizing himself with the gray hair/looking older. I am wondering if those comments could relate to him having bad cataracts. I don't think he got those over night. I think his vision may have been pretty bad prior to his being found and that once they did the surgery to get rid of the cataracts he looked in the mirror and he was able to see what he looked like and didn't recognize himself as being so old..KWIM?

Hi WantingToHelp. Welcome to WS! Could you post Mr. Delano's other information such as his height, weight and when he went missing? Thanks!

Sorry I'm new at this so I don't know how to post pictures.

But I thought that the 1st one... the way the guy was holding his head... kind of reminded me of Benjaman in one of his pictures.

Missing since 1983 so that would make sense that he has a 20 year memory gap.

Great input, thank you!

Christine2448, if you get to Betty would you ask her to ask Mr. Kyle if the name "Parker" has any meaning perhaps? Or Stilesville, Indiana? Thank you.

Sorry for the double post-here are a few possibles from Canada that I found.

I am going to throw in this first one even though the age is wrong because I almost had a heart-attack when the picture popped up-I thought it was him! Not possible however...
http://www.opp.ca/Investigative/MissingPersons/MissingList/index.htm
1.) John Samuel Clifford, case number 20060090
2.) Robert Allen Asher, case number 20060151
3.) Edward Michael Krantz, case number 20060078 (vertical scar from back surgery)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean