A New Look at Intruder Theories

What are you trying to say? Just come out & say it.

Uh, JBR had everything she needed to be stuffed into a trunk or backseat. Blanket, tape over the mouth, and wrist ligature. Probably couldn't manage a 6 year old to a car trunk against their will without the tape and wrist ligature.

So instead of simply escaping.... this intruder leaves a note to give himself more time with his kidnap victim in the basement so he'll have a few extra minutes to escape in the event the parents happen to use the circular staircase???

Why would the parents go ALL the way down the circular staircase in the middle of the night... if they want to go to the kitchen, they use their OWN staircase... if they want to check the children.... they would NOT go to the bottom of the circular staircase.

It's pretty implausible that any kidnapper would simply drive around with a 6 year old kidnap victim in plain view.... she'd be in the trunk or in the back under a blanket. Kidnapper drives carefully & leaves Boulder at his leisure..... probably before the RN is found but for sure before any effective roadblocks can be set up.

Escaping with a 6 year old in the middle of the night is rather easy..... but ONLY if you don't waste time having tea parties & stopping for some sex games in the basement.

Exactly.

Uh, JBR had everything she needed to be stuffed into a trunk or backseat. Blanket, tape over the mouth, and wrist ligature. Probably couldn't manage a 6 year old to a car trunk against their will without the tape and wrist ligature.

An adult man probably could, but yes, I'll agree, from superficial appearances everything was in place to stuff her in a car trunk. (Except she'd have a lot more tape on her mouth. Remember part of IDI theory is the perp brought the duct tape) So why the detour to the basement? "Hey guys, let's not use the door we came in, let's go down the basement and see if we can shove her up through the window".

An adult man probably could, but yes, I'll agree, from superficial appearances everything was in place to stuff her in a car trunk. (Except she'd have a lot more tape on her mouth. Remember part of IDI theory is the perp brought the duct tape) So why the detour to the basement? "Hey guys, let's not use the door we came in, let's go down the basement and see if we can shove her up through the window".

Correct. Simple deduction tells us this, based on the superficial appearance. Complex deduction tells us that the wrist ligature and tape were staging, to create the superficial appearance in an attempt to get someone to make a false deduction.

Fact is, though, you would need some wrist restraing, mouth covering, and child hiding stuff if you planned to transport a kidnapped child. Cord, tape, and blanket are that kind of stuff.

Yep.

You're all set & ready to accomplish your goal..... but all of a sudden you can't find a door????

Oh well, might as well rape her instead.... kidnapping is SUCH a chore. :rolleyes:

Fact is, though, you would need some wrist restraing, mouth covering, and child hiding stuff if you planned to transport a kidnapped child. Cord, tape, and blanket are that kind of stuff.

Yeah, I have to agree. So, the $118K question is - why didn't they take her?

You might also want to explain why the RN is in PR's handwriting.

You might also explain why the tape and wrist ligature wouldn't have restrained a baby.

I can't explain to you what you dreamed up.

If PR had actually written the note, as RDI is so fond of clinging to despite minimal support from the ABFDE (no consensus on the idea PR wrote the note), she would've been pegged for it the next day. We wouldn't be wondering gee, did she write it or not, 10 years later.

They didn't take her because she screamed, she kicked, not enough tape on her mouth, it turned out she didn't have blue eyes and blond hair. Maybe they lost nerve and didn't want to get caught? She sure was ready to go, wasn't she. I mean with that wrist ligature, mouth tape, and blanket she was prepared to be taken, wasn't she.

Question for RDI,

Case fact: The crime scene was paradoxical. The RN vs JBR found in the basement.

Did the crime scene become paradoxical deliberately, or accidentally?

Question for RDI,

Case fact: The crime scene was paradoxical. The RN vs JBR found in the basement.

Did the crime scene become paradoxical deliberately, or accidentally?

I'll take the first shot: Both. Two people with possibly conflicting ideas and no experience in what crime scenes look like just threw anything they could think of into the mix. Like Gregg McCrary said, there's a big difference between what actual crimes look like and what amateurs think they look like.

OK I'll carry on the RDI side:

PR or JR killed their daughter. They didn't plan to do it. They needed to cover it up, so they had this idea to write (handwrite) a 2 1/2 page 'drama queen' irrational 'this is why she's in the basement dead' but it doesn't explain that at all, it just calls the whole thing an international kidnapping for ransom.

Help me out here RDI.

PR or JR killed their daughter. They didn't plan to do it. They needed to cover it up, so they had this idea to write (handwrite) a 2 1/2 page 'drama queen' irrational 'this is why she's in the basement dead' but it doesn't explain that at all, it just calls the whole thing an international kidnapping for ransom.

Help me out here RDI.

How do we know they didn't plan to do it?

Help me out here RDI.

My pleasure.

It explains why JB was found dead. The note was very clear: don't try to contact police or anyone else, or JB dies. They call police, their friends, neighbors, preacher, etc. JB turns up dead.

How do we know they didn't plan to do it?

Was it premeditated, or not premeditated. Was it a coverup of accident rage, or coverup of chronic sexual abuse? Was it EA gone to far? Take your pick as long as RDI, right?

Assume they planned to do it.

Their plan would be to make it appear they were violating the terms of the RN, and that caused the nonexistent perps to kill JBR?

My pleasure.

It explains why JB was found dead. The note was very clear: don't try to contact police or anyone else, or JB dies. They call police, their friends, neighbors, preacher, etc. JB turns up dead.

OK so you think that maybe the R's defied the note they themselves wrote, on purpose, to explain the dead daughter. JBR was murdered in retaliation, or so it appears, right?

OK so you think that maybe the R's defied the note they themselves wrote, on purpose, to explain the dead daughter. JBR was murdered in retaliation, or so it appears, right?

Pretty much. That's the core of it, for my part.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back