A small plane has crashed into building in NYC...

Mabel said:
They're saying the bottom two floors housed medical facilities. I also read that this is a pet friendly building :(
Oh no...:(

I heard the same, medical offices on lower levels and then million dollar condos on the upper levels.

Well were the 2 dead in the plane, or in the highrise?

If that's all the deaths, they are lucky I guess. This must have been a plane that got into trouble and was coming down. So scary. They need to draw a big circle around New York City and not let anyone fly through it.

MasterJ, I'm so glad your husband is well and accounted for. I can't imagine the PTSD that must go on with all New Yorkers at times like this and, as you said, at the sound of sirens.

Mabel said:
They're saying the bottom two floors housed medical facilities. I also read that this is a pet friendly building :(
Please tell me all the pets are ok, too!! :(

PrayersForMaura said:
Please tell me all the pets are ok, too!! :(

I checked the real estate listings and it does say that pets are welcome. I haven't heard any mention of animals being evacutated.

Mabel said:
New York Yankee pitcher was the pilot?

Where did you hear that?

more:

Up to four people have died after an aircraft*crashed into the side of an apartment*building in Manhattan.
*advertiser censored*fire broke out and several people, including a man and his pregnant wife,*were trapped by the heavy smoke.
Two of the dead are thought to have been on board the small plane that crashed - the pilot and passenger - and two others are believed to have been inside the building.
Authorities have said they expected there to be more casualties from the incident in the Upper East Side, on East 72nd Street and York Avenue.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1236978,00.html

Mabel said:
New York Yankee pitcher was the pilot?

Yes...Yankee pitcher Cory Lidle was flying the plane. Have to assume he is dead. Not known if anyone else was on board but it is possible he had a passenger. How AWFUL.

They are now reporting that it was him and one passenger. A distress call was made before the plane hit the building.

englishleigh said:
Yes...Yankee pitcher Cory Lidle was flying the plane. Have to assume he is dead. Not known if anyone else was on board but it is possible he had a passenger. How AWFUL.
Oh my god!!!!! Lidle is awesome!!! :(

03-24-2004_lidle324.jpg

R.I.P.

Cory Lidle confirmed dead. 3 others dead, not known if they were all passengers or just one of them was and the other 2 were in the building. God bless the Lidle family. I pray if there was a passenger, it wasn't his wife or someone in his family.

englishleigh said:
Cory Lidle confirmed dead. 3 others dead, not known if they were all passengers or just one of them was and the other 2 were in the building. God bless the Lidle family. I pray if there was a passenger, it wasn't his wife or someone in his family.
Just received BREAKING NEWS that Cory Lidle was the ONLY person on the plane.

Very sad!!

indallas2 said:
Just received BREAKING NEWS that Cory Lidle was the ONLY person on the plane.

Very sad!!

Very, very sad. Very glad no one else in the plane with him, but that means the other 3 deaths were in the building. Just awful.

What a tragedy. It looks like the building is still burning - Oh, Fox is showing old film. MSNBC has it live and it is now smoke, with all the flames put out.

Cory was 31 or 32, has a 6 year old son and his home is in California. They just said 2 people on the ground died plus 2 in the plane. They must have meant in the condo unit and not on the ground, right?

He didn't get clearance to fly over Manhatten, so he was suppose to have been flying 1,000' over the tallest building. Whoever was piloting the plane was having a hard time controling it, as people on the ground said it looked like it was doing acrobatic maneuvers.

They are saying online on live News that the Yankees lost a pitcher in 1979, too, in a plane crash.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back