a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna post a few pix from tonight at HH, then to bed. I am whooped.

PASA, KCL, and Blue Lady (new WS member regular trial attendee)
2lm4fnq.jpg

KCL and Blue Lady

10zph81.jpg

Some of the HH ladies

mtwda0.jpg

Seating area where we were this evening
nxlwmq.jpg

Beautiful pics bursting with the right amount of color!!

I got the impression the witness was trying to cover too many of JA's symptoms with medical excuses to be believable. did you in the courtroom get that same feeling?

RS seems like an amateur trying to tailor his diagno$i$ to the the defense side.
Jury not buying it. MOO

Lots of snickering and eye rolls from the gallery today.

Watching NG just now saw who Jeff Gold is!!! Lol I'm a dork I was thinking he was someone else :)

I also noticed twice today that RS excused two of JA's bahaviors as signs of disassociation anxiety, one was how she interacted with RB the day after she killed Travis, and the other was about the phone calls she made to Travis' voice mail / answering machine. This completely flies in the face of what JA testified to. According to JA, she wanted to appear normal to RB so she wouldn't draw attenion to herself. In the case of the voice messages she left for Travis after he was dead, she said it was an after thought, and again was done to make it look like she hadn't gone to AZ. How can it be both, a disassociation with reality, and a CYA move?

I also noticed twice today that RS excused two of JA's bahaviors as signs of disassociation anxiety, one was how she interacted with RB the day after she killed Travis, and the other was about the phone calls she made to Travis' voice mail / answering machine. This completelyflies in the face of what JA testified to. According to JA, she wanted to appear normal to RB so she wouldn't draw attenion to herself. In the case of the voice messages she left for Travis after he was dead, she said it was an after thought, and again was done to make it look like she hadn't gone to AZ. How can it be both, a disassociation with reality, and a CYA move?

You are so right!! I hope JM brings that point out.

Idk how to BUMP so I'm faking it ;)

BUMP

Anyone see Bryan Carr today in court??
Methinks that may be who JA was smiling smirky winky licky lips to???

Yes I know I have a thing about Bryan Carr but I got an eebee geebees feeling about him to quote someone "something is just not right with that boy"! :floorlaugh:

Oh one more thing. Someone approached me in the hall and asked me if Lizard Queen is really the photo on their avatar....LMAO

BUMP

Yes I know I have a thing about Bryan Carr but I got an eebee geebees feeling about him to quote someone "something is just not right with that boy"! :floorlaugh:

BBM. Gross! Really? She is so inappropriate.

I know that is the understatement of the year.

Gonna post a few pix from tonight at HH, then to bed. I am whooped.

PASA, KCL, and Blue Lady (new WS member regular trial attendee)
2lm4fnq.jpg

KCL and Blue Lady

10zph81.jpg

Some of the HH ladies

mtwda0.jpg

Seating area where we were this evening
nxlwmq.jpg

Can't say I've ever seen so many pretty smiling faces gathered in one place since the last Miss America contest. :D

KCL & PASA-thank you so much for taking the time to share the "inside story". It is so helpful to hear the perspective of those seeing the proceedings in person.

BUMP

I didn't see him in the courtroom today. Donavan was there and she hasn't been in for a week or two.

I just want to send another thanks to katiecoo and our anonymous gifter. Here in Cajun country we have very close families/ family friends. I get the same vibe from y'all. I love being a part of this forum, and all the love and positive energy that comes with it.

The elephant story gave me chills and made me cry last night. A good cry like Travis is connected to all of us and feels the love we have for him. His sister should continue to follow her intuition. I have no doubt that he is leading their way.

I'm rambling now.so anyway, a million thank yous.

BBM. Gross! Really? She is so inappropriate.

I know that is the understatement of the year.

Right next to, "I guess I should have readministered the test," and "Oh crap, something bad has happened."

I never used it before trial. It's been helpful in keeping up with things. I even installed it on my phone, which I swore I'd never do. :)

I follow some local reporters, Beth, and Wild About Trial.

I log into it almost every day before or around the time court starts just to find out what the status of starting time will be, since it never seems to start on time. I can find out pretty quickly if something is up, delayed or if it's actually started even though I'm not seeing anything (which clues me in to refresh my connection and/or restart the browser). Once court starts, I don't usually look at it again until I need to.

When the CA trial was on, though, I eventually started reading twitter constantly because there were so many hilarious posts and there were SO many characters, stories, and incidents to make fun of, spoof or condemn. The fake Jose Baez, alone, was worth it.

This witness is toast.

"Why are you filling this out and not her?"

left her answer form on his desk OK?

Willie stretching, Poquito Mas swiveling

3 female jurors hands over mouth

BUFFOON!!

He doesn't have the questions or the answers. Ok.

JA's mom still has the Mickey Mouse journal or maybe a new one? I go through one journal in a week!

Joilyn writes "MY DOG ATE IT!" and honestly it was all my composure and hers to keep from utterly losing it in hysteria. I had to look away and close my eyes for a sec..she had her head buried in my shoulder...shaking with internal laughter.

Another Cathy two seats down asks for my journal and returns it with

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I instruct you to please disregard the testimony of this non expert witness" lol

Oversight? Really? You come to court to give an opinion based on it and it's an "oversight?"

Tied at the ankle twice???

Note takers taking!

Someone grabs my journal and writes IDIOT!

WOW!! Helped a friend paint today, so I just finished watching Juan Martinez FILET the good doctor on Youtube. It's now 3:55 a.m. in FL ~ aaaand I'm pretty sure I could step outside and DIG A WELL!!! Adrenaline off the charts..

This was like watching the world's best ballet dancer, cellist, or Michael Jordan in his prime ~ when you know no one in the world is better at their craft than the one you're watching. I have such a tremendous respect and admiration for Mr. Martinez. The world is lacking heroes today.. he fills the void quite nicely.

So, where exactly in the courthouse does Mr. Martinez & Mr. Flores do the double high five? Just curious. ;)

KCL - Loved your reports as always. You didn't mention this - I was wondering whether you heard it and if so whether it struck you at all.

JW has RS talking about JA's journals between around 5:30 and 9:45 here.[video=youtube;1fPkRvznpfk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fPkRvznpfk[/video]
  • It's funny to me how JW says "rosed-colored" instead of "rose-colored" but that's probably just me.
  • I was shocked JM didn't object when JW gets RS to say TA broke JA's finger in Jan 2008. He can't report that as a fact!!
  • Toward the end (starting around 8:50) is the one I'm interested in your opinion on. He says she was always "effusive" about Travis and never negative. JW "corrects" him by asking whether he means "detailed negative" (so as not to contradict what Jodi said were "implied" negative entries). He agrees, and then adds "Good point." Good point? What the ....? I thought this showed what a shill he was as opposed to being an expert. Did you hear this when it happened? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraJean1130