Advertising On Websleuths

OMG, Thank you for your encouragement. I so needed it today.

My house looks like it is trying out for a spot on the Fox TV show "COPS." It looks a bit like an old meth house (without the meth of course) mixed in with a touch of a band of Grateful Dead groupies lived in it for a decade.

I so hate housework. Then my house looks messy, then I get depressed and make my house messier, ARRGGHHH. Vicious cycle. LOL.

Please tell me that the ability to have a tidy house comes back????
Awww, who cares. Hey, I have 4 little Bantam Chicks on my dining room table in a big cardboard box until they get a little bigger. Can't be much worse than that.

I don't mind a few discreet ads to keep WS going. I would also love a clever mug. I've seen some really clever WSisms. Maybe a "dead horse", a "Queen of the Trolls". We've got some great ones around.

Again, thanks for providing such a great place for us to learn, teach, help sleuth and have fun.

Oh, there's definitely life after divorce. You'll make it.

Boring women have immaculate homes!
Oh, who let you in my house? I have that little banner hanging on my glass covered book case. (Mine says "Dull Women Have Immaculate Homes") We are so dry here and no good rain in forever, you can dust a table and turn around and it's dusty again. So, I just give up sometimes.

Tricia, the ability to have and do a tidy house does return. Just not the feeling that it is ALL important. All of a sudden things like laying in a hammock or walking in the woods or a bubble bath with candles and a glass of wine, they all take the place of the need for a spotless house. You will find yourself and be in a good place. Love, Biggirl:blowkiss:

Tricia

Sorry about the divorce.
As for the ads,you do whatever you have to do.
Thank you to you and all the mods who help keep this place running.
I have met some great people here thanks to all your efforts.

ALL YOU GUYS SO INCREDIBLY ROCK.

Thank you.

Hopefully will be trying a test ad soon.I'll keep you posted.

Tricia

Ads are fine and I would be happy to donate if you ever decide to accept donations. Like many of the others, I feel like I am among friends here and would be sorry to lose the connections. I too would love to buy a WS coffee cup, ballcap, or even keychain to help support this site.

I don't have a problem with it. I keep my "company part of the house" pretty neat - the rest is SANCTUARY.

A websleuths store would be just too cool - you could go beyond just the WS logo on items and even sell "missing" persons items, etc.

HOWEVER, you would need someone to maintain the store and obtain the merchandise.......... probably more than one person. HOWEVER, maybe the people that volunteer to do this could get a subscription to Websleuths for free or something ---- :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Boring women have immaculate homes!

Mines pretty immaculate but I dont think Im boring, I just have pride in my home.

Tricia whatever you need to do to keep WS up and running is fine with me also, I would be lost without this place, thanks again to you and the mods for the best forum ever.

ALL YOU GUYS SO INCREDIBLY ROCK.

Thank you.

Hopefully will be trying a test ad soon.I'll keep you posted.

Tricia

Considering ALL that you do for us and The World, I would smack you around if your house was immaculate on top of it all. :innocent:

I am for it! We can handle a little advertising for the WS we love.

I don't mind a few discreet ads to keep WS going. I would also love a clever mug. I've seen some really clever WSisms. Maybe a "dead horse", a "Queen of the Trolls". We've got some great ones around.

Maybe we could find someone to pose for that one??? LOL

Ads are just fine - you should make something for all the work you do as well, I hope! Cafepress is another great route - I know a lot of websites have done that - fun for us, and a little money for you. It's always fun to have a bag, tshirt, or coffee mug with an inside joke or logo from your favorite website. My sister has done well with Amazon affiliates too. Anything we buy using your link, you get a share of.

Ads are just fine - you should make something for all the work you do as well, I hope! Cafepress is another great route - I know a lot of websites have done that - fun for us, and a little money for you. It's always fun to have a bag, tshirt, or coffee mug with an inside joke or logo from your favorite website. My sister has done well with Amazon affiliates too. Anything we buy using your link, you get a share of.
Love the Cafe Press Idea! I would be totally on board to buy some stuff from there to help out when I go back to work and have a paycheck that is! Coffee cups would come in handy for me, t-shirts and hoodies, you can never have enough of. Hats, I love hats and cafe press does all that stuff. I wished I would have invested in the machine that does that instead of in my embroidery, its super easy to do and print is cheaper for people to buy and to produce.

OOOOPs one more thing, I do not know about v-board, but some boards have a community chest you can put up and users can put money in it to help out.

OOOOPs one more thing, I do not know about v-board, but some boards have a community chest you can put up and users can put money in it to help out.

Thank you so much my dear but I don't accept contributions. I would rather an advertiser pay my bills.

I appreciate all the great suggestions. Here is the problem:

If we use the "click" type ads (everytime someone clicks on it I get a penny or something) there is no way I can make enough money to make it worthwhile.

Perhaps this is naive of me to want but I would rather have a set monthly fee for a few advertisers.

Does anyone have any experience in selling advertising on Websites? I know media sales but not Internet sales.

I am more than willing to offer a commission to someone with a lot of experience selling ads on websites.

Thanks
Tricia

Tricia,

My advice would be to create a content site, such as a blog. You could do something as simple as listing amber alerts or news articles via RSS feeds. You create multiple sources of income such as affiliate programs, adsense, amazon, and blogads, etc.. This should allow you to at least be able to cover your costs...and maybe provide a little extra for donations and such!

Hi Cheeta,

I am so clue less when it comes to this stuff. When you say have a "content page" what do you mean? Like a separate blog with advertising?

Thanks for your help :)

I belong to another vbulletin board and they advertise. The ads are not the least bit intrusive. She has one forum spnsosred by a certain store for example and there is a clickable ad on the index page in line with the forum. There are also ads just sprinkled throughout the threads just like posts. Few posts and then an ad. You can scroll by or read it. i asked her if they cover the costs of running her forum and she said they do.
She said she uses google adsense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back