Aggravation phase #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's the day to De-edify™ Jodi Arias!

(Was reading the previous thread and HAD to try out the trademark!)

:seeya:

Predicted defense theme for agg phase: JA killed TA three times in 1-2 minutes. Does that sound like someone who wanted him to suffer? No, although dear JA has tragically lost her memory of this time period, the circumstantial evidence clearly suggests that her acts were intended to STOP his suffering as quickly as possible.

Lame... BUT ...What other defense is there?

I am so glad Judge Stephens issued a gag order to keep jail officials from forwarding media requests to convicted inmate Jodi Arias. I wonder if JSS is the person Jodi Arias has lost trust in? Or JW? Or her MIT Spec?

ht_travis_alexander_family_nt_130319_wg.jpg

Prayers to all Travis's family and friends today. It's going to be awful.

Who is the man sitting on the second row behind Tanisha's husband? Blue shirt.

Oh I dunno... I feel like I have discussed sex more with you all than I have with both husbands and my boyfriend combined. :blushing:

You have two husbands AND a boyfriend?? Wow!!!

:giggle:

Predicted defense theme for agg phase: JA killed TA three times in 1-2 minutes. Does that sound like someone who wanted him to suffer? No, although dear JA has tragically lost her memory of this time period, the circumstantial evidence clearly suggests that her acts were intended to STOP his suffering as quickly as possible.

Dear God that is a terrible thought. And probably, unfortunately, the route they will take.

after Juan presents his case does the jury leave to deliberate over the aggravated part? or do they just move forward? TIA

Well, the defense gets to present its case for lack of cruelty, and JM gets rebuttal, and then both sides give their arguments re: cruelty, but THEN the jury deliberates on that issue, yes.

I am going to post this again for those who did not see it on the last thread
This is whats going to happen next

Prior to August, 2002, sentencing was handled entirely by the trial judge without jury input. The
prosecutor presented evidence regarding statutory aggravating circumstances and the defense presented
evidence of mitigating circumstances. (The prosecutor could also present evidence of mitigation.) The
trial court was also permitted to consider “victim impact” evidence. At the conclusion of the evidence,
the trial judge issued a Special Verdict, detailing findings regarding aggravating and mitigating
circumstances, and setting forth the sentence to be imposed.With the enactment of Arizona’s new death penalty statute, the sentencing process now has two phases.
In the first phase, the prosecutor presents evidence relating to aggravating circumstances. If the jury
determines that the State has not established at least one statutory aggravating circumstance, the
defendant is no longer subject to the death penalty. The jury is dismissed and the trial judge decides the
appropriate sentence. If the jury finds that there is at least one aggravating circumstance, the jury
remains empaneled and considers any mitigating evidence presented by the defense or by the State, as
well as victim impact evidence. The jurors then decide whether to impose a death sentence, assessing
whether the proffered mitigation is sufficiently substantial to warrant leniency.

You do realize you're sitting right next to me, right?
That's a dangerous combination. I think JSS will need to separate you two at some point, and especially if our herbycat joins you

I'm here, I'm ready! I predict 15min late to start every day and an immediate approach every day... I also predict another Jodi headache/5150 episode in the next few days...

That's a dangerous combination. I think JSS will need to separate you two at some point, and especially if our herbycat joins you

Sigh....Judge Stevens can separate me any time she'd like.... :blushing:

Does anyone see the seal yet? I'm on ABC15 but there's nothing so far, not even seal. HLN has OJ on so I don't know what's going on....agghhH!!

Yes, please remove OJ from my television. Had enough of him; he's had his fifteen minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member