GUILTY AK - Kristy Manzanares, 39, killed aboard Emerald Princess, Juneau, 25 July 2017 *husband arrested*

Horrible.
Watched a doc. on cruise ship disappearances and thought some of those might have been murders as well.
Wonder what his story would've been if he'd managed to throw her overboard ?
What a monster.

RIP, Kristy !!

Wow. So incredibly sad and senseless!

I hope this wasn't planned.

I also wonder if there has been an insurance policy recently taken out on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This seems like they got into it, things obviously got way out of control, at some point he snapped and beat her to death. I don't think there was any premeditation, but who knows. I'm only really thinking of their daughters who have now lost both their parents on what was supposed to be a family vacation.

Those poor children [emoji26]

My father-in-laws dear friend is on an Alaska cruise. I hope it's not this ship.

Just wow, I love cruising and have seen a few hubby/wifes get the moods on but this is just awful.

Heartbreaking is this their child? quote from the article “I get to floor 9. I see this little girl sitting on — I assume — her grandma or somebody, sitting on her lap wrapped up in a blanket. And she’s just sobbing,”

Pardon me what about your wife!! quote the hubby said. "“My life is over,” Manzanares groaned to FBI agents"

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...e/news-story/e66070730fad7bb7b48f91c74e20cfe4

i just saw this on primetime justice. how did he get the gun past security? i never taken a cruise so i havent a clue on guns onboard, so i doubt they are allowed on but ill ask, can passengers take guns, weapons, etc with them? feel for the daughter(s) that had seen this. just dumbfounded

Pardon me what about your wife!! quote the hubby said. "“My life is over,” Manzanares groaned to FBI agents"

i agree. he moans about his life being over, what about the mother of your kids. she doesnt have a life anymore thanks to your. your daughters lives is forever changed because of you. too bad you just couldnt walk away instead of being hot headed and killed. :maddening:

Seems his thoughts where all about HIM, those poor girls, I still need my Mum and im old!

i agree. he moans about his life being over, what about the mother of your kids. she doesnt have a life anymore thanks to your. your daughters lives is forever changed because of you. too bad you just couldnt walk away instead of being hot headed and killed. :maddening:

i just saw this on primetime justice. how did he get the gun past security? i never taken a cruise so i havent a clue on guns onboard, so i doubt they are allowed on but ill ask, can passengers take guns, weapons, etc with them? feel for the daughter(s) that had seen this. just dumbfounded

Has it been confirmed that she died from a gunshot wound?

This is one of those cases where there is no winner, not even the killer really set out to do evil. It sounds like just escalation leading to a man who will never truly be a father again, a mother only in memory and children stuck in a horrible situation. Honestly premeditation would make this case somewhat less tragic- if the husband planned it ahead it would be so much easier to cast him as a monster and not worry about his well-being.

All I can say is that it's bad, really, really bad. Sad and tragic for the dead woman obviously, a horrific lifelong nightmare for their children. :tears:
The dude, Idk what to say except he deserves the bad. I mean, I don't know what happened that she would laugh at him and not stop, or what on earth would bring him to murder his wife for it? Long time resentment? What were they drinking, absinthe? Something tells me a lot of something, possibly some drugs? Whatever there's no excuse. :cry:

What's with cruise ships that bring out the worst in people?

If they are from St. George, Utah, chances are high that they are LDS. And if they are LDS, they typically would not drink or use drugs. Of course, no proof about their religion or how observant they are. But the LDS people I know DO strictly follow the rules about no coffee, no alcohol, no drugs. (Kind of ironic to discuss this when someone has been killed, which is illegal in basically all religions). Or, here's a theory: Maybe he decided to go ahead and drink... and she was laughing at his goofier/looser/louder/drunken behavior which she has never seen before... and for some reason this made him furious and he snapped. I don't know. Just an idea.

It sounds like she "got the giggles". You know how you get started laughing and you just can't stop?
It's hilarious... it's infectious.... and my husband thinks it's adorable.
How sad.

From her facebook it doesn't appear they are actively LDS.
They could be non practicing... however she doesn't even "like" any of the religious pages at all.
She does "like" a few wine pages.
No mentions or pictures of missions, baptisms, temples... etc.
Anything is possible but I see no indication of being LDS on her page. :twocents:

If they are from St. George, Utah, chances are high that they are LDS. And if they are LDS, they typically would not drink or use drugs. Of course, no proof about their religion or how observant they are. But the LDS people I know DO strictly follow the rules about no coffee, no alcohol, no drugs. (Kind of ironic to discuss this when someone has been killed, which is illegal in basically all religions). Or, here's a theory: Maybe he decided to go ahead and drink... and she was laughing at his goofier/looser/louder/drunken behavior which she has never seen before... and for some reason this made him furious and he snapped. I don't know. Just an idea.
<modsnip>

I don't believe the husband's pathetic excuse of "she laughed at him", I think he had "bottled" up lifelong resentment of his wife's successful career and he was jealous. We don't know anything about him but many husbands resent their wife's successful career and feel it is belittling having a successful wife, (making him feel inferior). I think he is a jealous husband and the cruise ship just happened to enclose them closer together than they normally live, (they can get further apart and keep out of each other's way at home) - bringing a lifetime's resentment to an explosive climax. He had to bash her head in quite a few times. So it was really quite a violent and brutal attack. Witnesses said blood was splattered on every surface everywhere, after which all he could think about was himself....(his life was over according to him). That is how he thinks. JMOO

"Security was notified after a family member had entered the couple’s cabin and observed Kenneth Manzanares with blood on his hands and clothing while Kristy Manzaneres was lying on the floor covered in blood with a “severe head wound,” according to a criminal complaint filed with the U.S. Attorney’s Office. Blood was reportedly spread throughout the room on multiple surfaces.
When the family member asked Kenneth Manzanares what had happened, he allegedly replied, “She would not stop laughing at me,” according to the complaint.

The family member then observed Kenneth Manzanares grab his wife’s body and drag her toward a balcony in the cabin, the FBI report stated. The family member grabbed the woman’s ankles and pulled her back into the cabin.

Soon thereafter, Emerald Princess security entered the cabin and restrained Kenneth Manzanares.
“Later, when Manzanares was being processed during a search by the FBI for physical evidence, he spontaneously stated, ‘My life is over,’” the report stated."

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/ar...e-woman-murdered-on-cruise-ship/#.WXrax4WcHIU

I don't believe the husband's pathetic excuse of "she laughed at him", I think he had "bottled" up lifelong resentment of his wife's successful career and he was jealous. We don't know anything about him but many husbands resent their wife's successful career and feel it is belittling having a successful wife, (making him feel inferior). I think he is a jealous husband and the cruise ship just happened to enclose them closer together than they normally live, (they can get further apart and keep out of each other's way at home) - bringing a lifetime's resentment to an explosive climax. He had to bash her head in quite a few times. So it was really quite a violent and brutal attack. Witnesses said blood was splattered on every surface everywhere, after which all he could think about was himself....(his life was over according to him). That is how he thinks. JMOO
I'd believe it. I mean it's no doubt a small part of a bigger issue (eg as you suggested, jealousy at her success etc) but it being a trigger I absolutely believe. 'Men are afraid women will laugh at them, women are afraid men will kill them'. The ego can be a fragile thing.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

this is so horrible. Why on earth would he do this when his daughters are there and now has ruined their lives by taking their mother and now no father. hope he rots in prison, i hope she didnt have to endure this anger for their whole marriage.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back