AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I was just giving an opinion. I should have added a MHO. :blushing:

LE said Scott Wood and Dustin Kent's arrest was just the tip of the iceberg so I followed that and thought 'what else'. It's already horrific and LE tells us we've only seen a small bit!

I also noticed that WS is about the only google hit for Brittney. There's an inactive FB page for her and not even a hint of a reward. It's a sad deal all around. Hopefully we'll get some more local posters as they are always so imformative.
It's sure hard to sleuth when there is NO info...no news...no Nancy Grace...nothing!!!

Couldn't the news interview her co-workers to see how this has affected them? How about people she went to school with...friends...neighbors...:banghead:

Authorities are looking into the possibility that the arrests could be connected with Brittney’s disappearance. Her brother mentioned her possibly being scared and in hiding when he was interviewed earlier this month. If the charges against her family members turn out to be true, this could be the motivation she has to be in hiding.

http://www.northmobilepost.com/twis...campaign=twist-in-britney-woods-disappearance

ViewImage.aspx

Enlarge Photo
WOOD, RANDALL SCOTT (W / MALE) Status: In Jail Booking No: BCSO12JBN004048 Booking Date: 06/19/2012 23:40:54 Age On Booking Date: 42 Bond Amount: $150000.00
CELL Assigned: Facility: BCSO , Dorm: F , Pod: F , Cell No: 008 Visitation Schedule

Address Given: 2420 CONGRESS PARKWAY ATHENS TN 37303

Charges:
13A-6-67 CASE0001 (BALDWIN COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE) SEXUAL ABUSE SECOND DEGREE S M $50000.00

13A-6-64 CASE0002 (BALDWIN COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE) SODOMY SECOND DEGREE S F $50000.00

13A-13-3 CASE0003 (BALDWIN COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE) INCEST
F $50000.00
http://bcsonline.co.baldwin.al.us/smartweb/jail.aspx
ViewImage.aspx

Enlarge Photo
KENT, DUSTIN ALTON (W / MALE) Status: Released Booking No: BCSO12JBN004044
Booking Date: 06/19/2012 20:45:19 Age On Booking Date: 36
Bond Amount: $10000.00

Address Given: 7041 MARLE RD MOBILE AL 36619

CHARGES:
13A-6-63 CASE0001 (BALDWIN COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE) SODOMY FIRST DEGREE F F $10000.00

13A-6-62 CASE0002 (BALDWIN COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE) RAPE SECOND DEGREE S F $10000.00
http://bcsonline.co.baldwin.al.us/smartweb/jail.aspx

Easy to read explanation of charges - http://www.houseofruthdothan.org/rapelaws.htm

Bringing forward from 1st thread.

Captain Arthur said the juvenile victim in this case contacted the sheriff's office.

Investigators called one of the men she accused in for questioning, and officials said the suspect confessed.

"The age of this juvenile along with the circumstances surrounding it make it a heinous crime," said Captain Arthur.

Arthur said the suspect who confessed gave them the name of the second suspect in this case.

"I think that once our investigation is completed and all the individuals are brought to arrest, I'll give you more detail, but I think you'll understand just how serious a crime it is," said Captain Arthur.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crime/two-men-arrested-for-sex-crimes

I want to add my thanks to Zeaux for her even-handed and informative posts. It must be very difficult to walk that fine line, and Zeaux, you are doing an excellent job.

Not much to add here except my hope that Brittney is brought home. When I read Scott Wood's Facebook a few days ago, my heart broke for him when he asked where everyone was to help with the search. If I lived closer, I would have gotten hold of Scott to offer my search services. How deceiving looks are, eh? You would think both of those guys are nice, middle-aged married family men by looking at their FB pages.

I am beyond disgusted, and if this was a movie, I would have walked out immediately, sick to my stomach. But we're here for Brittney, who never had a decent chance in life. This is such a tragic story on so many levels. My prayers are with Brittney's loved ones and her little daughter that this nightmare will soon end for Brittney.

Can I get just a smidge of clarification on these... men? With the last name Wood, is Randall a brother of BW's step father? Or her father?

Can I get just a smidge of clarification on these... men? With the last name Wood, is Randall a brother of BW's step father? Or her father?

Both men are related to BW on her maternal side. Wood is a blood Uncle...Kent is married to her aunt

Thanks, still confused as to why Brittney carries her mother's name.

Thank you all for the nice compliments!

I've tried to be very careful not to release anything that shouldn't be released, plus overstepping my bounds here not being verified. I think I'm officially verified now.

I've tried to be very careful not to release anything that shouldn't be released, plus overstepping my bounds here not being verified. I think I'm officially verified now.

Yes, you are. :hug:

BW's mother never married her father, right? Oh my I must be tired...

Speaking of her Mom, some heart rending posts on her facebook page in the last day or so. I feel terrible for CW and hope someone talks soon. Horrible enough to have your daughter missing, but add the possibility your own family may have a hand in it? The very people you are supposed to be able to trust and rely on.
icon8.gif

You are official! Congratulations!!!! You deserve it! I kinda feel like I know a celebrity now.

:woohoo: :great: :fireworks:

Thanks, still confused as to why Brittney carries her mother's name.

FWIW... My son has my last name because he and I are the only 2 remaining in our family to carry forth that surname. His dad's family has all boys and my side has all girls. We also thought it was a good way to honor my dad who passed away.

Incest isn't covered in that rapelaws link. So reposting this from thread #1, too.

Originally Posted by fabvab View Post#1083
Incest law in Alabama:
Alabama -- Section 13A-13-3 -- Incest

(a) A person commits incest if he marries or engages in sexual intercourse with a person he knows to be, either legitimately or illegitimately:

(1) His ancestor or descendant by blood or adoption; or
(2) His brother or sister of the whole or half-blood or by adoption; or
(3) His stepchild or stepparent, while the marriage creating the relationship exists; or
(4) His aunt, uncle, nephew or niece of the whole or half-blood.

(b) A person shall not be convicted of incest or of an attempt to commit incest upon the uncorroborated testimony of the person with whom the offense is alleged to have been committed.

(c) Incest is a Class C felony

http://www.drabruzzi.com/selected_state_incest_laws.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members