Identified! AL - Huntsville, Female 148UFAL, 15-19, Oct'97 - Cynthia Davis

stormonster said:
Kristina Bishop

comparison photos

We touched on this November of last year. The photos at the link are what we used to compare these two girls.

I even went so far as to call Madison county and they were really nice and called and emailed me back. I believe they checked this out and were pursuing something about a crosscountry truck driving serial killer. Maybe with more and more arrests, it will come out.

I was there this weekend and when I got on Indian Springs Road I thought about her and resolved to check into it again. It is just too sad. I'll keep looking if you will :)

There was a couple (man and woman) who were truck drivers, who were arrested in another case here a couple of months ago (sorry, I can't remember the name). But I know it is posted in one of the cases. They were looking at several cases for this couple. I believe some of the Ok. murders maybe?

Kiplyn Davis

Huntsville Doe
Huntsville Doe

Just out there surfing now, how about this one? there was one site that said she may have a retainer on her lower teeth so that might go along with the report that Doe had excellent dental care from 1 to 1 1/2 years prior to her death. Could have been a runaway and ended up way over in Alabama.

What do you think?

This is cool...I have never posted stuff on a forum before and I didn't think people would write back like this :). I looked at the Kiplyn Davis one and she looks like her. It said her hair had a reddish color. The other girl that someone mentioned has a gap in between her front teeth just like the Jane Doe. There is another girl, Paula Burnette, that was missing from Chattanooga in Sept. of 96, that looks a lot like the composite (facial features), BUT she does not have the gap in between her teeth I don't think. Plus, her hair is dark. The only thing is that she was missing from relatively close by, so..who knows.
http://doenetwork.us/cases/148ufal.html
That's Paula...

I was trying to look on the Doenetwork for girls missing in '97, but It seems to only go up to 1996. Is there anywhere else I can go to find this other than the NCMEC? I already looked there.

THANKS! By the way, I'm so happy to know that this girl is on other people's minds too...everyone deserves to be missed and loved :angel:

Glad you're posting and glad to have someone else to consider ideas about this child.

The height looks close and the dates. In reading it she seems older than they think Jane Doe is. I'd be willing to be the detectives have checked all the nearby "missings" that's why I tend to look a little further away.

This is another site that has lot's of missing and you can see them geographically.

Charley Project

I was just looking at the case history and it said that the body was wrapped in plastic sheeting and secured with duct tape. It was dumped somewhere in Indian Creek and drifted until it reached the spot on the bank where it was found. I wonder has anyone discovered the exact location of where the body was first dumped? They have probably already checked it out, I was just curious.
:)

stormonster said:
I even went so far as to call Madison county and they were really nice and called and emailed me back. I believe they checked this out and were pursuing something about a crosscountry truck driving serial killer. Maybe with more and more arrests, it will come out.

I found it. This may be the truck driving serial killer they were talking about.
http://crime.about.com/b/a/188407.htm

There was another girl found at this time who was a Jane Doe for a long time. Amanda Creek I believe her name was. She was from a group home in another state. Often times kids "age out" of foster care, and there is no one to report them missing. Think most of the 1,500 or more child does fall into this category.

Or they can become emancipated adults even as young as 17 I believe. It depends on the situation. I didn't even think of that, but I should have since I work with these children. That is a possibility too, that the person may not have anyone to report them missing and just falls through the cracks. That's sad.

The Ontario case works on date, age, and the gap in the teeth.

I'm not familiar with the group home situation but would she have gotten excellent detal care within the parameters of that system?

It is possible that Mistie may have met somebody on the internet. That would explain the distance.

If the Huntsville Doe was in foster care or in a group home, I know from experience with these children that medicaid pays for the children to go to the dentist for a cleaning every 6 months and for whatever other treatments that they may need other than that. I'm not sure about the medicaid in other states, but that is the way it is in Alabama. The only problem with the Misty Murray comparison is that they say the Huntsville Doe is shorter than 5'3". They say 4'11 to 5'1. Could they be a little off on the height? Also, when was the internet started, because Misty went missing in 1995? I don't remember if we had internet that far back. She still could have hitchhiked, though, maybe trying to go to Florida or something. Anything is possible. She does look an awful lot like her.

:p I guess there was internet in '95--I just looked it up. My family just didn't have it. We didn't get it until 1999. I can't imagine not having it now. When I go for three days without it, I start having withdrawals.

stormonster said:
The Ontario case works on date, age, and the gap in the teeth.

I'm not familiar with the group home situation but would she have gotten excellent detal care within the parameters of that system?
Each state and county is different in how they administer foster care and group foster homes. I can say from my experience as a foster parent that it really depends upon each individual situation.

If the child is placed in a home with foster parents who care and who have the child's best interests at heart, then yes - excellent dental care can be made available to them, and the state will pay the bill, or at least most of it. But then there are times when the Foster Parent gets stuck with the bill, too.

Depending on the state, county, and individual home situation, Foster care can work well, or be a real nightmare. So, you can't draw any hard and fast conclusions without knowing the specifics in the case.

I agree, however, that when children "age out" of the system, there is often no one to care about them and no tracking system to follow up on how they are doing.

I was just thinking tonight, after reading over these posts, of how it could be possible for a child to just slip through the cracks and no one even miss her. I started realizing that it definitely could be possible for a child--especially a teenager--to be missing and no one even report it. If the child was 16 and over & the parent(s) killed the child, they could just say she dropped out of school and ran away if they were questioned by anyone, and just say they already filed a report, even though they did not. If she was under 16 and legally still required to go to school, they could just withdraw her and say that they are moving to another state. Does anyone really check to follow up to make sure that when kids move from state to state and school to school that they ARE actually enrolled in another school? I am pretty sure that within a general area such as a city or county that they do. But from state to state? So all of that brings me to this--there is a possibility that this child's identity will never be known because she has never been reported missing by anyone. I'm not saying that the Huntsville Doe's parents or parent killed her...It is just really frustrating to keep looking through the missing persons and not find anyone other than a few people who it could possibly be. It makes me feel like she has NOT been reported missing. Wouldn't she be listed if she was? I wonder if they list children that are missing foster children due to confidentiality issues??? If she was in foster care somewhere, like all of those Florida children in foster care they couldn't locate, and ran away, they may not be able to release info on her. Ok, this is way too long. Thank you to everyone who reads on this topic. If we keep going on it, someone will come up with something :eek: !!

I think that many of these will unidentified kids will remain that way unless family members start to question the stories of some of the parents who claim their kids ran away or just disappeared. I think the internet is the key because it puts their pictures out there. We just have to pray that omeone who recognizes them will come across it.

I am going to try to see if I can get the story in the paper again. I'm not sure how long ago it was last mentioned. I think the best way to figure this out is just to get the story out there and maybe someone will recognize the face.
:(

emory76 said:
I am going to try to see if I can get the story in the paper again. I'm not sure how long ago it was last mentioned. I think the best way to figure this out is just to get the story out there and maybe someone will recognize the face.
:(

Great Idea!

I was just going through this thread and wondering what ever came of it?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back