Identified! AL - Huntsville, Female 148UFAL, 15-19, Oct'97 - Cynthia Davis

That is a very eerie resemblance.... thank you for bumping this thread up, I'm also very curious to know what ever came of the tip to police about a possible match.

:(

I think that it is very commendable that others would look at the Jane & John Doe's to help solve a missing person's case!
I have been through two, myself, regarding my missing nephew. Neither were a match, however the thought that others are keeping Lorne in mind restores hope that someone will recognize him.
Every missing person needs to be found, so keeping an open mind is great! As I tell others, it is better to try and be wrong, then to ignore and never know.
Keep up the great sleuthing!
Louise
Aunt of Missing NH Man, Lorne Boulet

Just bumping this up again. Did anything ever come of sending the info to LE?

Stormmonster's last visit here was 082205 and there is no access to email for him/her.

Hello, everyone!!

Just wanted to give you all an update! As I mentioned in my last post here, I was going to try to see if they could run this story in the Huntsville Times again. It took me a little while, because I have been REALLLLYYYY busy, but I made the call tonight. I talked to a wonderful lady at the HTimes who said that coincidentally, she had talked with the detective that is assigned this case within the past few weeks who wanted her to do another story on it as well. The story will run next week some time probably. She said that she wants me to meet this detective.:eek: I told her (the lady from the Times) about this site and she wants to check it out. She thinks it is a great idea. I will save the article and put it on here when it comes out. :D

emory76 said:
Hello, everyone!!

Just wanted to give you all an update! As I mentioned in my last post here, I was going to try to see if they could run this story in the Huntsville Times again. It took me a little while, because I have been REALLLLYYYY busy, but I made the call tonight. I talked to a wonderful lady at the HTimes who said that coincidentally, she had talked with the detective that is assigned this case within the past few weeks who wanted her to do another story on it as well. The story will run next week some time probably. She said that she wants me to meet this detective.:eek: I told her (the lady from the Times) about this site and she wants to check it out. She thinks it is a great idea. I will save the article and put it on here when it comes out. :D

Great news Emory! Yes, be sure and post the article and any followups that you might see. You were lucky, so many times when we reach out to the media, so many of them don't seem to have time or interest to do so. By bringing the story up again- maybe someone will come forward that was reluctant or unable to say anything previously.

I agreed after looking at the 2 they look like a match but apparently Kristina Bishop was ruled out by dentals.

Just giving everyone a heads up to check out the Huntsville Times for today. I am on the front page of the Local State section in an article by Wendy Reeves about the Huntsville Doe. Hehe, I didn't really want them to put a pic of me with it, but they did :crazy: . I got to meet with Detective Berry who is in charge of this case and I talked with him for a while about it. I learned that they are in the process of doing dental comparisons with Kristina Bishop's records, but it is not looking promising. The results are not complete yet, though. Det. Berry is extremely nice and was glad that there are people out there who are interested in this case. He believes, as I do, that the Huntsville Doe is from some place else other than the north AL area. Another thing he told me is that the HD had good dental care. This means that someone at least cared about her while she was alive and may be missing her. We talked about things that we can do to get this young lady's picture out to more people so that maybe someone could recognize her. We talked about maybe America's Most Wanted--you know how they have those brief blurbs before the commercial that show missing people, etc, sometimes? Anyway, we had a nice conversation and this man is very dedicated to finding out who this girl is.

I forgot to say that I told Ms. Reeves about Websleuths and she mentioned it twice in the article :p...maybe more people will check it out.

LOL, I found the article but they didn't post your picture online.
Nice writeup about Jane Doe, you did a good job getting her in the paper again.
Has anyone ever thought about doing a website for her? Posting all the articles about finding her body, all known identifying info, and if any sketches have been done, post those also? Pictures of clothing and the necklace would help also. More and more families are turning to the internet now to look for missing people, even those missing for a long time. Also, it helps when you are telling her story to have a central place to refer people to.
http://www.al.com/news/huntsvilletimes/index.ssf?/base/news/1133102703297020.xml&coll=1

haha....so glad the pic didn't make it online :D I looked for the article online but I could not find it. Thanks for posting the link!

emory76 said:
haha....so glad the pic didn't make it online :D I looked for the article online but I could not find it. Thanks for posting the link!

Did they put the Jane Doe picture in the article? I hope so.

SewingDeb said:
Did they put the Jane Doe picture in the article? I hope so.

No, no pictures at all in the article. A lot of media don't put the pictures in the website. I don't know why, probably due to the storage space or something.

mysteriew said:
No, no pictures at all in the article. A lot of media don't put the pictures in the website. I don't know why, probably due to the storage space or something.

Thanks mysteriew. I hope the pictures were in the printed edition of the paper, just to get it out there again.

SewingDeb said:
Thanks mysteriew. I hope the pictures were in the printed edition of the paper, just to get it out there again.
Yes, the reconstruction of the Huntsville Doe that was completed by the Natl Center for Missing Children was on the article which was on the front page of the Local State section of Sunday's paper. I was very pleased that it ran on Sunday because more people read that paper.

mysteriew said:
Has anyone ever thought about doing a website for her? Posting all the articles about finding her body, all known identifying info, and if any sketches have been done, post those also?
Hey, this is a good idea. I am going to do this but I may need some help. How would you go about even doing this? I am pretty good with HTML and layouts but...may need some help :D I need to think of a site name like huntsvilledoe or something. Maybe y'all can help me.

That's great! Keep updating us. I am very interested in this unidentified girl.

laini

I came across the article (good job!) and went searching too. The body was found in October 1997 and the date of death estimate is "up to 1-1.5 years earlier".

I found this missing girl who disappeared in August 1997, which is only three months before. I'm wondering if the plastic could have affected the rate of decomposition? Also Kemberly is listed as 5'4" and the Jane Doe is 4-11 to 5-1". Face shape, and age, seem to match though....

148UFAL.jpg
ramer_kemberly3.jpg
148UFAL1.jpg

Jane Doe on right and left - Kemberly in the middle
http://www.nampn.doenetwork.us/cases/ramer_kemberly.html

Kemberly Lorin Ramer

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
# Missing Since: August 15, 1997 from Opp, Alabama
# Classification: Endangered Missing
# Date Of Birth: May 18, 1980
# Age: 17
# Height: 5'4"
# Weight: 130 lbs.
# Hair Color: Brown
# Eye Color: Brown
# Race: White
# Gender: Female
# Distinguishing Characteristics: Clear braces on teeth. Thick
eyebrows. Pierced ears.
# Jewelry: May have been wearing a gold bracelet and anklet.

Kristy went missing from Florida, and is 2" taller than the max estimated height of Jane Doe.

148UFAL.jpg
rogers_kristy1.jpg

Jane Doe on left, Kristy Jean Rogers on right

http://www.nampn.doenetwork.us/cases/rogers_kristy.html

Kristy Jean Rogers

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

# Missing Since: August 2, 1997 from Crestview, Florida
# Classification: Endangered Missing
# Date Of Birth: August 23, 1980
# Age: 16
# Height: 5'3"
# Weight: 109 lbs.
# Hair Color: Sandy/Brown
# Eye Color: Blue
# Race: White
# Gender: Female
# Distinguishing Characteristics: Lazy right eye. Pierced
navel. Pierced ears.

[font=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida][size=-1]http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/148ufal.html[/size][/font]

148UFAL.jpg
148UFAL1.jpg
148UFAL4.jpg

There are more pics of Jane Doe at the above link

Unidentified White Female

* Located on October 16, 1997 in Huntsville, Madison County, Alabama
* The victim is believed to have been deceased for a period of up to 1 - 1 1/2 years before discovery.
* Skeletal Remains
* Cause of Death: Homicide

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 15 - 19 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 4'10"- 5'1" (147-155 cm)
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder length dark blond or light brown hair with a possible reddish tint. Her eye color and weight couldn't be determined.
* Dentals: Up until 1-1 and 1/2 years before her death she had excelent dental care. She had a gap between her two front teeth. Her right front tooth was chipped after her remains were recovered. Dental records are available.
* Clothing: She may have been wearing a white with blue broad stripes casual, sleeveless top, size unknown, which was found near the skeletal remains outside of the plastic sheeting. No jewelry was recovered.
* DNA: Available

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrskrash2012
Back