AL AL - James Toole, 73, Dothan, 15 May 1995 *body found, identification ongoing*

I can’t even begin to explain my gratitude to Team Watters Inc. I am so grateful for the work they do. Helping people find their loved ones! They took time out of their busy schedules to look for my Papa. He’s been missing for 18 years. Most people aren’t willing to help because of the age of the case. After traveling so far, the search was put on hold because of some other things going on in the area. The day they were finally able to go out and look they found a car. The car wasn’t my Papa’s car, but the fact that they looked is what matters. I will NEVER be able to fully thank these people. Team Watters is heaven sent. Thank you for sending me their information.

That's wonderful and good to know, ASHLEYSOLOMON! I'll have Imamaze make sure they are referenced in our Resource Center so other families know about them too! :blowkiss:

I'm still praying you find your papa!

:praying:

http://www.dothaneagle.com/news/article_ebc24818-308b-11e3-b199-001a4bcf6878.html

Posted: Tuesday, October 8, 2013 9:38 pm |
Updated: 9:43 pm, Tue Oct 8, 2013.
by Matt Elofson

Amanda Morrow had a tight bond with her grandfather, a man she more fondly thought of as papa.

Morrow spent a few minutes talking about her grandfather, James “Aaron” Toole, Tuesday morning as part of a rally stop in Dothan made by a national missing persons organization on a tour across the country.

After 25 years!! We have had a new development with Papa’s. Case. A woman contacted my sister last week and claimed she had his wallet. It turns out that it is his wallet. His IDs and photos of us in the wallet. All of his credit cards were in the wallet, and he had a few dollars.

The woman claims that her uncle was a truck driver and found the wallet more than likely at a gas station on i27 in Bainbridge, GA.

This woman contacted the sheriffs office and they dismissed. She claimed they were nonchalant, and she wasn’t sure if the info would get past to us. That is when she made contact with my sister.

We are not sure what to do with this new piece of evidence because we don’t want it missed handled again or worse lost forever.

I realized this case has lost its luster, and even as his granddaughter, I have found my self defeated and resound to the fact I might not ever no. But this anniversaries and birthdays and holidays roll around, and you realize that it’s going to be 25 years in may

I wish I could sum up mine and papa connect because I loved him so much. He was genuinely my best friend. Years after he went missing , I had to shove my feelings down to a place I could function. Keeping in the last bits that make sad.

I not sure when I looking for here, but you guys are smart and like what you do. I don’t know nothing may come from this, but we have to try!

thanks if you have any thoughts let us know.

After 25 years!! We have had a new development with Papa’s. Case. A woman contacted my sister last week and claimed she had his wallet. It turns out that it is his wallet. His IDs and photos of us in the wallet. All of his credit cards were in the wallet, and he had a few dollars.

The woman claims that her uncle was a truck driver and found the wallet more than likely at a gas station on i27 in Bainbridge, GA.

This woman contacted the sheriffs office and they dismissed. She claimed they were nonchalant, and she wasn’t sure if the info would get past to us. That is when she made contact with my sister.

We are not sure what to do with this new piece of evidence because we don’t want it missed handled again or worse lost forever.

I realized this case has lost its luster, and even as his granddaughter, I have found my self defeated and resound to the fact I might not ever no. But this anniversaries and birthdays and holidays roll around, and you realize that it’s going to be 25 years in may

I wish I could sum up mine and papa connect because I loved him so much. He was genuinely my best friend. Years after he went missing , I had to shove my feelings down to a place I could function. Keeping in the last bits that make sad.

I not sure when I looking for here, but you guys are smart and like what you do. I don’t know nothing may come from this, but we have to try!

thanks if you have any thoughts let us know.

I just reread the thread to refresh my memory.

I assume the lady that contacted you; her uncle isn't alive any more and if he is he maybe doesn't remember exactly where he found the wallet? If Georgia, then it sounds like he made it that far.

My gut says that he and his car are most likely in a body of water. Lots of cars have been found in the last few years because of droughts. I hope you gals will eventually get answers.

As for police, I'll be shocked if they're interested in his wallet. Have you or your sister reached out to them?

Unfortunately most LE don't put effort into cold cases like your grandpa's especially when there is such a lack of information. My friend Cathy who's bio daughter that she put for adoption went missing in 1989. Cathy has been telling LE that Alexis was buried under a concrete pad in the adoptive parents yard. The adoptive father (Dennis Bowman) was arrested in November for a cold case rape and murder in Virginia 1980. His yard was searched for Alexis but she wasn't found for some reason until he confessed to killing her 2 months ago. They still have not publicly identified her although Cathy heard the DNA matched March 11th. LE have pretty much failed her when she has been right with all the info she spoon fed them.

I have another friend who's adopted son Eric has been missing with his car. He's most likely killed by his newly found daughters step father who's given a lot of conflicting stories to LE yet they haven't arrested him.

Presumably Located in Steinhatchee, FL

The body of James Aaron Toole, who had been missing for 28 years, has likely been found in a Florida river.

Workers cleaning up following Hurricane Idalia discovered skeletal remains in a Chevrolet Cavalier with a 1995 Houston County license plate submerged in the Steinhatchee River about one hour west of Gainesville.

Houston County Sheriff Donald Valenza said a credit card and Sam’s Club card bearing “Toole” were found inside the car. However, the sheriff said investigators must conduct further testing before positively identifying the body.

So glad the family is getting some much needed closure.

A release from the Dixie County Sheriff’s Office in Cross City, Florida, says workers discovered partial human remains among the items found at the ramp. After a more profound search by sheriff’s office dive teams, several pieces of a submerged vehicle and more human remains were found.

Houston County Sheriff’s Captain Donovan Arias tells WDHN that he and several Houston County Sheriff’s Office officials traveled to Dixie County to assist in the investigation, and he confirmed the car to be a Chevrolet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back