AL AL - James Toole, 73, Dothan, 15 May 1995 *body found, identification ongoing*

Workers cleaning up following Hurricane Idalia discovered skeletal remains in a Chevrolet Cavalier with a 1995 Houston County license plate submerged in the Steinhatchee River about one hour west of Gainesville.

Toole, 72, was driving that model when he disappeared from his hometown of Pansey, Alabama, on May 15, 1995.

The body of James Aaron Toole, who had been missing for 28 years, has likely been found in a...

Houston County Sheriff Donald Valenza said a credit card and Sam’s Club card bearing “Toole” were found inside the car. However, the sheriff said investigators must conduct further testing before positively identifying the body.

A Facebook page dedicated to locating Toole claims a person reported finding his wallet in 2020 in Bainbridge, GA. However, Sheriff Valenza said he could not confirm that report.

After 25 years!! We have had a new development with Papa’s. Case. A woman contacted my sister last week and claimed she had his wallet. It turns out that it is his wallet. His IDs and photos of us in the wallet. All of his credit cards were in the wallet, and he had a few dollars.

The woman claims that her uncle was a truck driver and found the wallet more than likely at a gas station on i27 in Bainbridge, GA.

This woman contacted the sheriffs office and they dismissed. She claimed they were nonchalant, and she wasn’t sure if the info would get past to us. That is when she made contact with my sister.

We are not sure what to do with this new piece of evidence because we don’t want it missed handled again or worse lost forever.

I realized this case has lost its luster, and even as his granddaughter, I have found my self defeated and resound to the fact I might not ever no. But this anniversaries and birthdays and holidays roll around, and you realize that it’s going to be 25 years in may

I wish I could sum up mine and papa connect because I loved him so much. He was genuinely my best friend. Years after he went missing , I had to shove my feelings down to a place I could function. Keeping in the last bits that make sad.

I not sure when I looking for here, but you guys are smart and like what you do. I don’t know nothing may come from this, but we have to try!

thanks if you have any thoughts let us know.

Just bringing this forward to add more info to the story about Mr. Toole's wallet being found a few years ago in Bainbridge, GA. His granddaughter, who's a verified insider for his case, posted above that his credit cards and some cash were found with the wallet, so robbery doesn't seem like a motive.

Here is a Google Map of the route he traveled: From 1) his home in Pansey, AL to 2) Bainbridge, GA - where his wallet was found, then 3) Steinhatchee, FL, where his car was found submerged in the Steinhatchee River

Last edited:
I do hope, due to his wallet being found that they are able to rule out foul play.

It kind of looks like it wasn't foul play. His grand daughter's post above from 2020 said the wallet contained his credit cards and some cash. She said it also had photos of his family, grandkids, etc.

The location where they found his car was 175 miles or about 3-4 hours drive from his home town. The town and truck stop/gas station where his wallet was found was in between the two points. I wonder if he got lost trying to reach his destination? The news photo of where his car was found looks like it was at the end of a marina/ramp. If it was dark, could he have driven into the water, not realizing it was a boat ramp? That has happened before.

Bless his heart, poor guy. I'm glad they've found him. It will bring some peace and closure to his family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back