AL AL - Theresa Benn, 42, Talladega, 19 Oct 2014

This was posted under Theresa's photo by a friend on the Nancy Grace Facebook Page.

[modsnip]

The Talladega County Sheriff's Office and Lincoln Police Department are still searching for a missing woman.

Investigators say 42-year-old Theresa Benn was last seen on Sunday, October 19 near the Talladega Superspeedway.

She is described as a white female, with blonde hair, 5' 5", 108 pounds wearing blue jeans, pink cowboy boots, a black tank top, and a large diamond covered belt and buckle.

Lincoln Police Investigator Amanda Crowe told FOX6 News that her department is still actively looking, but it's becoming difficult because they don't have a specific area to search thoroughly.

Crowe said helicopters have been brought in to search from the sky and they have searched nearby bodies of waters but there has been no break in the case.

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/27299137/investigators-continue-search-for-missing-woman-in-talladega-county

According to police, Theresa Benn, 42, was reported missing by her husband, Kevin Dulaney, on Oct. 19, about 15 hours after he dropped her off a couple of miles from the Talladega Superspeedway.

“Theresa wouldn’t go somewhere without her phone. It just doesn’t add up,” said Beth Griswould, a close friend of Theresa’s.

Griswould told WIAT 42 News that she still calls Benn every day, even though it’s been nearly four weeks since anyone has heard from her and the call goes straight to voice mail.

Gamble and Griswould said Benn and Dulaney had been separated for months.

“It just seemed like she was trapped,” Griswould said. “She also said that because she and Kevin had split up, she was able to get off her meds, and she felt much better not being with him.”

http://wiat.com/2014/11/07/missing-womans-friends-question-the-story-of-her-disappearance/

From the above link:

Gamble remembers the last time she saw Benn, a few week’s before her disappearance.

“She was actually at my house and was receiving a bunch of text messages that were supposedly from him,” Gamble said. “‘He won’t let go,’ is the way (Benn) explained it to me.”

Gamble described Benn as an even-tempered person.

“it just seems odd to me that (Benn) would say, ‘You’d better let me out, or I’m going to jump out (of the car).’ That just doesn’t sound right.”

“I thought maybe that she might have run away to get away from him,” Griswould said, in tears. “But she has kids, and I don’t think that she would do that to her kids, but at the same time, she might not have had another option.”

What was Kevin doing between 2:15 am when he "dropped her off" and 7:30 pm when he reported her missing? That is 15 hours. WHAT was he doing? Check his phone records, computer records, mileage on the car - gas receipts. Was/Is he working for a trucking service? Was the truck used during that time? Did he work that day? Did anyone actually see them at the bar in which they got into an argument? If so WHAT were they arguing about? Did she feel threatened? Was there a history of physical violence? What about his second wife (first wife died after giving birth to their child I believe) was there a history of physical violence with the second wife (wife before Theresa)?

What was Kevin doing between 2:15 am when he "dropped her off" and 7:30 pm when he reported her missing? That is 15 hours. WHAT was he doing? Check his phone records, computer records, mileage on the car - gas receipts. Was/Is he working for a trucking service? Was the truck used during that time? Did he work that day? Did anyone actually see them at the bar in which they got into an argument? If so WHAT were they arguing about? Did she feel threatened? Was there a history of physical violence? What about his second wife (first wife died after giving birth to their child I believe) was there a history of physical violence with the second wife (wife before Theresa)?

All very good questions that I would love hearing the answers to..... yet the only media coverage this story seems to be getting is basically a copy and paste from the initial report with no additional info added in what has now been three weeks ----- "Theresa Benn, was reported missing by her husband, Kevin Dulaney, on Oct. 19, about 15 hours after he dropped her off a couple of miles from the Talladega Superspeedway." I really hope this case hasn't stalled and LE is making behind the scene progress with the questions of KD's involvement.

Theresa doesn't seem to be getting much media attention :( But I am in CA, so I am not sure about locally.

And sometimes, it turns out, that is because the police have a good idea of what happened :(

I live several hours from Talladega and I haven't heard anything at all about Theresa until this evening when I happened upon a missing poster that was on a FB page for missing persons!

http://wiat.com/2014/11/17/searching-for-theresa-family-of-theresa-benn-releases-statement/
Searching for Theresa: Family of Theresa Benn releases statement
BIRMIMGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — It’s been nearly a month since Theresa Benn was last seen in the early morning hours of Oct. 19. The intersection where Benn was last seen is about two-and-a-half miles from the Talladega Superspeedway.
The immediate family of Theresa Andrews Dulaney (Benn) would like to take this time to ask everyone to focus on helping find Theresa. Anyone with any information that could remotely be related to her disappearance, we are asking you to please come forward. No information is too small or insignificant. Property owners, hunters, fishermen and hikers in the areas surrounding Lincoln AL, please search your properties and keep an eye out for any evidence involving Theresa’s disappearance. Please contact Lincoln Police Department with any information 205-763-4063.
<snip>

video, timeline and more at link.

I thought by now she would have been found somehow... She will be, but when...

Not knowing anything certain from MSM, I'm wondering which route was taken. Did they drive across the speedway property before Theresa exited the vehicle or did they pass it on the interstate and take the next exit?

Certainly there would be surveillance cameras at the speedway.

It's stated in MSM that Theresa was last seen on Speedway Industrial Drive and it states her husband was the last to see her, so I'm assuming at this time he dropped her off on that road.

2h4lwz9.jpg

The outcome I feared after the length of time passed with no updates. I'm wondering if they got a tip on the location. This seems to be the first major coordinated search and bringing in Texas Equusearch as well, makes me hope LE finally have some information/evidence of what exactly happened the night she disappeared. RIP Theresa.

I wonder if more information will be released soon. News reports say she was found in Lincoln Creek near Jackson Shoals. I can't find Lincoln Creek on any maps and the two larger creeks that run closest to the speedway have different names.

dqnn4.jpg

There are a couple of smaller unnamed creeks showing up in
the area which are highlighted by the oval above.

There's a bridge and a road that crosses the main creek in that area as well. I'm very interested in learning more about the exact location where her body was found; and even more so, the cause of death.

Statements the last person she was seen with don't really add up to me. He says they argued because he didn't want to go to the race and she did and that they had been thrown out of the bar, yet the bar owner of the bar they were supposedly thrown out of says they were happy, spoke openly about going to the race together and were holding hands when they left together around 1:45 a.m.

Although an argument could have come about shortly after leaving if maybe she wanted to hang out at the track beginning at 2:30 a.m. and he didn't want to go until 2:00 p.m. when the race started. Maybe that's what was meant when it was reported he didn't want to go to the race - - he didn't want to go so early?

Still - if she wanted out, demanded to get out and he stopped and let her out, I wouldn't say "I dropped her off" . . . but rather, "I let her out." However, the wording used could have been miscommunicated via media.

But what bothers me here . . . there's no mention of where to pick her up after the race. Two hours after the race is won she was reported missing. How would anyone know she was missing that soon after the race if she had actually attended it? She could have gotten a ride, called a friend, or she could have been hanging out nearby waiting on the crowds to thin out. Just wondering why her husband would think none of these were the case so soon after the end of the race.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back