All Protester Discussion Part 2

They are protesting her being there, as well as the Anthony's and all of thier lies. They are protesting the fact that if they really wanted the circus to end they have the option of a "safehouse", yet they stay!!! The consensus from those I spoke with is the family actually likes the drama and are waiting for an incident to occur for which they can profit from. "Sue someone"....

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Right they are!

Exactly, I wasn't there protesting but the curiousity was too much so I went there. Lots of people there weren't "protesting", just sorta there in support of justice and talking amongst themselves.

If I lived by you and knew you were going I would have went with you.

Whether she was a peaceful protester or not, things have gotten violent over there. One of the A's could snap and do God only knows what, and vice versa. Sometimes people rights need to violated for there own good, IMO. I mean, I wouldnt want my loved ones sitting in front of a lions den, no matter how cute and sweet they were being.
So how do we decide when to violate people's rights for their own good?

They are protesting her being there, as well as the Anthony's and all of thier lies. They are protesting the fact that if they really wanted the circus to end they have the option of a "safehouse", yet they stay!!! The consensus from those I spoke with is the family actually likes the drama and are waiting for an incident to occur for which they can profit from. "Sue someone"....

Well said! :clap::clap::clap::clap: The Anthony train is on that free ride and they don't want to get off, they are just waiting for the chance to get another free ticket!

onewick, thank you for being our boots on the ground. And welcome to WS!

We will watch for you on the Fox's webcam...Make sure you tug your ear or something to let us know its you! (wink, wink)!!! LOL........and also thank you for the report. Good to know there are also neutral people protesting too. I am not for the trouble makers. Lets hope you dont get into an skuffles!

I'm glad to hear that, and thanks for the report on what you observed. I think it has calmed down some since the GA's have been there, plus the LE are patrolling more often now.
Don't get me wrong... I don't support the Anthonys except that they are probably pushed to their limit with all they've had to go through combined with losing their granddaughter. I can have compassion for someone even when I dislike them. All I am saying is that the loud and combative ones need to stay away... they are just there to start trouble and it is certainly not helping to find Caylee.
Many people have been pushed to their limits in this case and regardless, how they react to that is still within only their control. Neither family or the neighbors have more right than anyone else to assault, incite or destroy things.

As I have stated before, I think this situation started to spiral downhill after the charges against GA were ignored by LE. They have in effect handcuffed themselves to act on similar charges filed against the protesters. That would cause a stink none of us would want to witness. It is a total mess. I continue to think the A family holds the key in all of this. If they stop reacting to the protesters acting like idiots then the number of protesters will dwindle significantly.

Even in situations as described above, when the neighbors are the only ones hurling insults and acting ignorant, some continue to point the finger at the protesters. That amazes me.

Good morning all! I'm a long time lurker and 2 time poster but wanted to share some info with all of you. I was there last night from about 7:45 to 9:00 pm. I was very nervous as I didn't know what was allowed and what wasn't, where to park or where to stand. Upon my arrival I was told by a neighbor 3 houses down "To make sure not to park on the grass where the curb meets the grass or I'll would be ticketed". I thanked this person and I must say I was surprised because according to the media the neighbors want everyone gone from the neighborhood, yet this neighbor was very supportive. I then went to the sidewalk across from the A's house and everyone was gathered peacefully. I came across 2 residents of the neighborhood and had to ask thier opinions... I was quite surprised that 4 of the protestors I spoke with were neighbors, you see want I'm saying "PROTESTORS" were neighbors. I think (no, I know) that the media is making it seem the neighbors are feed up with Protestors but in my conversations they are actually fed up with THE ANTHONYS. The one person out there in support of the Anthony's was the caucasian male, with a short buzz cut and is always seen on t.v. without a shirt on (the one who had gotten in the first physical altercation weeks ago). Of course he was on the side of the rode directly in front of the A's house, standing over the protester with the candles and calling her all sorts of names and harassing her.
EVERYONE and I do mean EVERYONE was gathered peacefully and saying words of encouragement to the Candle protestor except this young man. My point is he states "I just want everyone out of my neighborhood" but if he wasn't outside he wouldn't have known anyone was there.
One last point... This gentleman (I use the word loosely) stated to my sister-in-law, that he was not there in support of Casey, he knows Caylee is gone and her body will never be found because KC made sure of it, but he was there to support GA & CA.

Thanks for your post. It's nice to have the insight of someone who was actually there instead of just from the media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic
Whether she was a peaceful protester or not, things have gotten violent over there. One of the A's could snap and do God only knows what, and vice versa. Sometimes people rights need to violated for there own good, IMO. I mean, I wouldnt want my loved ones sitting in front of a lions den, no matter how cute and sweet they were being.

So how do we decide when to violate people's rights for their own good?

Good question and one that I had when I read Atomic's post. That statement could go either way: to Casey or to the protestors.

I'm not trying to antagonize, be disrespectful, or say that all of the protestors have been peaceful...but...the protestors did not fail to report Caylee missing for 30 days.

Maybe all the people we think are "protesters" are just nosey people. I hate to admit it but if I lived near there I would be there watching too and Im not a protester..

I'd be there and I'd be protesting, but non-violently. My mouth would be flapping though.

Maybe all the people we think are "protesters" are just nosey people. I hate to admit it but if I lived near there I would be there watching too and Im not a protester..

:Banane35:

Heck, I wanted to be LP's RV cleaning lady.

Anthony's cancel prayer vigil for Sunday. Fears for their safety.

http://cbs4.com/local/casey.anthony.caylee.2.822296.html

They never stop making themselves the victim, I guess they keep forgetting that Caylee is the victim. I see they don't mention the HOA asking them to either cancel it or move it to another location. These people make me more sick everyday. Worried about their safety, they sure never seem worried when they are out confronting the protestors.

Just a few observations regarding the recent behavior and tactics used by the protesters. In addition, my personal opinion is not reflected here, just a comment about a trend that has developed over the last few years. Although I am not an expert, after spending many years studying societal trends and customs for the military, I feel qualified to post this. For brievity, I will only state the opinion and not the documentation or study to validate it. If at some point, validation is warranted, it will be provided.

1) First, there is a definite increase of ordinary people wanting their "minute of fame" in the media. This, in laymans terms, is derived from lives of quiet desperation coupled with a belief that they have an individual "duty" to seek justice. The media gives them a false sense of security and interviewing people on camera simply is self justification for both.

2) It is a historical fact that when the "mob" or "vigilante" mentality begins to appear, the focus on the media turns to them resulting in real "justice" not being accomplished at all. Does anyone remember the O J case?

3) Mob mentality is a group effort, but eventually everyone goes home. There are many, many documented cases of aftershock for some of these people as well. Every single person who gives an interview or is quoted is easily found on the internet, complete with home address and phone numbers. For every one of those folks, there is somebody out there who is willing to get THEIR" five minutes of fame. Some are lawyers looking for a case, some are not. The crime files are filled with people who had an opinion to express on camera.

The only thing the protesters really accomplish is alienating the other people in the neighborhood, giving the media what it needs, and basically putting themselves in a position for recourse at a later time.

What's the real motive of the protesters at the Anthonys' home?

They want to draw attention to missing Caylee (849 responses)
poll-bar.gif
4.0%
They are outraged that Casey Anthony isn't in jail (11829 responses)
poll-bar.gif
56.2%
They just want to be on TV (2908 responses)
poll-bar.gif
13.8%
They have nothing better to do with their time (5461 responses)

poll-bar.gif
25.9%
  • 21047 total responses (Results not scientific)
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-anthonyprotesters-poll,0,1032013,post.poll

Well, nice try. But here's the reality of the poll you linked to.

First, it's from an ORLANDO news article. Did you think you'd get anything less by polling the people in the exact geographic area where the crime occured and the media is interviewing everyone they can?

Additionally, the poll states that 56% are "outraged" that she is not in jail. Whether they are "outraged" or not, it does not allow people to disrupt other lives in the area. Unless they all carry badges or work for the authorities, the fact that they are "outraged" is a moot point. Do they have evidence the police do not? Does is say anywhere that you are innocent until proven guilty, UNLESS the local neighborhood decides different? Of course not.

You're quoting a poll based on recent events in the local area they occured. I'm refering to nation scientific and urban studies based on trends already exhibited by society. When emotions run high and frustration levels reach their peak, people can do some very stupid and self serving things in their search for justice and the facts prove it. I am simply observing this as a classic example of those facts.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sally43
Back