All Things Britney Spears Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know..it sure seems to me like she seeks out the attention. When the headlines were focused on her sister, she stepped up her behavior tenfold.

There is great truth to this, but I think we must remember that one of the core characteristics of mental illness and substance abuse is self-centeredness. Couple those things with years of being treated like a diva and you've got quite the attention-seeking persona on your hands.

I think they're both losers. I don't think either has her best interests at heart. They're both in it for what they can get out of it.
I agree Jules. It is so sad to watch the train wreck. Poor babies. I really feel sorry for them. You know when they get grown that they will read about this whole sad mess. I agree with JDP. Britt needs mental professional help. I hope she gets it, before we find out she has died.
:(

There is great truth to this, but I think we must remember that one of the core characteristics of mental illness and substance abuse is self-centeredness. Couple those things with years of being treated like a diva and you've got quite the attention-seeking persona on your hands.

Does self-centeredness always stem from a greater problem? When do you stop saying "this person has aproblem" and start saying "this person is just a jerk"? :waitasec:

Does self-centeredness always stem from a greater problem? When do you stop saying "this person has aproblem" and start saying "this person is just a jerk"? :waitasec:

I can't speak for her, but for me I guess it would be when the person actually didn't have a mental problem and was just being a jerk.:rolleyes:

I can't speak for her, but for me I guess it would be when the person actually didn't have a mental problem and was just being a jerk.:rolleyes:

I just want to scream right on to every single one of your posts in this thread. :blowkiss:

I'm sorry, I can't gauge the tone of your last post. Were you rolling your eyes to my question?

IMO, self-centeredness stems from the problem of being a human being. And self-centered people are jerks. But for me - it's a matter of degree. We're all self-centered. I've yet to meet a single person who isn't.

So we all have the problem of self-centeredness to some degree or other. The question is - can we manage it well enough not to be complete jerks!! This is the balancing act of life.

Don't know if that makes any sense.

IMO, self-centeredness stems from the problem of being a human being. And self-centered people are jerks. But for me - it's a matter of degree. We're all self-centered. I've yet to meet a single person who isn't.

So we all have the problem of self-centeredness to some degree or other. The question is - can we manage it well enough not to be complete jerks!! This is the balancing act of life.

Don't know if that makes any sense.

It makes perfect sense... it is true, we all have it in us...

The woman can't even get her chit together enough to know where she is. I very seroiusly doubt that she can think past five minutes, much less what her boys will be thinking 10 years from now.

This isn't directed to you, but unless and until the STIGMA of mental illness is removed, Britney won't be the only person to suffer because she doesn't want to seek treatment. We can make fun of her all day long, but the fact is that mental illness can strike anyone at any time. Many of us some day may need to seek treatment. I would hope the glare of the world wouldn't be focused on anyone I love if that should happen. She may be a "product," but she's also a real life human being who is suffering and whose family is suffering greatly. While she's today's entertainment, her children will suffer for a lifetime unless people leave her alone.

:clap: :clap:

Don't know if the suicide stuff is true, but it does look like Britney is being hospitalized, again (just check TMZ, X17, PerezHilton... it is all over the tabloid sites). I hope this time they hold her long enough to get her sufficient help. As much as I look at her and shake my head, as a mom I can't help but want see to nothing but help come her so she can get better.

Yikes... another wife... *shakes my head* I hope this newest intervention of sorts sees her coming to some of her own senses enough to drop this guy, and to stop the Lutfi guy from trying to control her life.

I am glad her children were not there this time. I hope she will get the care she needs and some kind of treatment plan to put her on the right path to recovery! I have to admit I am glad this happened and I am not saddened by the news at all.

Now I just had breaking news that brit was taken to the hospital this morning again. :confused: They said it was an intervention on behalf of her family because she has not slept since saturday!

Now I just had breaking news that brit was taken to the hospital this morning again. :confused: They said it was an intervention on behalf of her family because she has not slept since saturday!

I just read the story. If the being awake since Saturday thing it true, that sounds like mania, and the bi-polar theory is probably right.

I just read the story. If the being awake since Saturday thing it true, that sounds like mania, and the bi-polar theory is probably right.
Yes that is what I thought, she really needs an intervention. This girl is going to end up dead if something doesnt give soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52