All Things Heath Ledger - Thread No. 2

I love Reese, that is one girl who has it together. I would love to see them marry.

This is really the downside of our super-technological world now; cell-phone pictures, cameras, celebrity mags, papparazi, internet,NO ONE CAN BE SURE OF PRIVACY.

If this violates his or his family's privacy, or it's an unauthorized video - I would sue if I were them.

I can't believe certain media can be so disrespectful - it's all about money. At the very least, it should be shown a year or so after his death, if ever.
No need to sully his reputation by showing such a thing - we'll probably find out about drugs in the autopsy report, if it is made public.

I bet there's a few other people on this video that are a bit nervous this evening. :eek:

I bet there's a few other people on this video that are a bit nervous this evening. :eek:

Good point. I still think Mary Kate's statement was a bit terse considering the obvious speed dial friendship. Excuse the pun.

I was surprised the police chose not to interview her.

I want to cry. They showed clips tonight of the Video on ET, the full thing is on tomorrow. Heath's conversation is very clear, it's very honest of his drug use. The video is clear, he is in a room in the hotel, with "strangers", over a coffee table with a mound of cocaine on it. They are snorting. He says I'm going to be in serious *advertiser censored* (or trouble) with my girlfriend. She and Matilda whom was 3 months old were a couple floors above in the hotel. It's just really sad.

JinkieJada, I owe you an apology, I wasn't sounding very compassionate about the drug use and the real person there whom is otherwise good and kind but doing this, such as Heath.

They just showed the video on ET. He was there, someone's whose face was blurred was snorting cocaine. He said I shouldn't be here, my girlfriend will be mad, but other than that...oh he said he smoked pot everyday for 20 years (I guess that would make him a partier at 6 years old).

If there is nothing else to see than that, I'd say overrated.

2006 is the year Candy was made, I still think it has more to do with preparing for that role than actually being a junkie.

For everyone knowing what a cocaine head he was, Perezhilton who likes to put celebrity pictures on their site & draw white stuff coming out of their nose or mouth - never saw anything like that with Heath, but who knows.

If there is nothing else to see than that, I'd say overrated.

I didn't find it overrated, I found it very powerful. Sad. Real. It effected me.

I also don't think just what they showed tonight was any kind of preperation for a roll. This was a man, and some other people, with a SERIOUS problem with cocaine. That is not a drug people can do like that and live a life with. :(

I want to cry. They showed clips tonight of the Video on ET, the full thing is on tomorrow. Heath's conversation is very clear, it's very honest of his drug use. The video is clear, he is in a room in the hotel, with "strangers", over a coffee table with a mound of cocaine on it. They are snorting. He says I'm going to be in serious *advertiser censored* (or trouble) with my girlfriend. She and Matilda whom was 3 months old were a couple floors above in the hotel. It's just really sad.

JinkieJada, I owe you an apology, I wasn't sounding very compassionate about the drug use and the real person there whom is otherwise good and kind but doing this, such as Heath.
I'm not advocating drug use; however, I can totally see how any young person (especially Hollywood) would be very tempted to do drugs. It is tempting. :eek:

I watched E and must have missed it when getting my son off the toilet! That is really sad, Like I said earlier I heard about this "video" awhile back and heard Michelle was there or in another room.

I've prayed this lovely man is resting in peace.

Thank YOU...Filly, for such a beautiful sentiment. I feel exactly the same way.

I did not see the video of Heath and the partying and I do not want to. That is a dark world and anyone, and I mean anyone, could get caught up in it.

But for the grace of God go I.....

RIP Heath Ledger, you blessed our world with your talent and for that I will be forever grateful :blowkiss:

Good point. I still think Mary Kate's statement was a bit terse considering the obvious speed dial friendship. Excuse the pun.

I was surprised the police chose not to interview her.
In worry about those girls. I see trouble ahead. :(

I didn't find it overrated, I found it very powerful. Sad. Real. It effected me.

I also don't think just what they showed tonight was any kind of preperation for a roll. This was a man, and some other people, with a SERIOUS problem with cocaine. That is not a drug people can do like that and live a life with. :(

If I was seeing correctly HE was not shown doing it. He was just there as far as I could tell. We'll see if the so-called full version shows him doing anything beyond talking about his experiences. However I believe if he were, we would have seen this video long before his death. They said it was the night before he was announced as an academy award nominee - I think whoever made the tape would have cashed in on it at that time. I would imagine that even coke is almost commonplace in certain circles in LA.

....I would imagine that even coke is almost commonplace in certain circles in LA.

I would take out the "almost" and change the "certain" to "many"!

I do not have a problem believing Ledger struggled with addiction. But I also don't believe every lurid thing I am reading about it.

If I was seeing correctly HE was not shown doing it. He was just there as far as I could tell. We'll see if the so-called full version shows him doing anything beyond talking about his experiences. However I believe if he were, we would have seen this video long before his death. They said it was the night before he was announced as an academy award nominee - I think whoever made the tape would have cashed in on it at that time. I would imagine that even coke is almost commonplace in certain circles in LA.

Yeah, I haven't even looked for more info on tonights revelations, I'm still stunned by the in your face reality of it. I imagine if Michelle ever sees that with her own eye's, she will be heartbroken. I hope she never does. Seeing is different, and that obviously wasn't her scene. I'm convinced he had a serious problem with Cocaine and all that comes with it. ET got the video from the Australian media, I can't recall off the top of my head whom the guy was that they interviewed as the Australian source. It has been sat on for a long time, was the impression I had, because Heath was so well liked. But it wasn't a secret among the Hollywood/NY neighborhoods that he had a problem with Cocaine.

I do not have a problem believing Ledger struggled with addiction. But I also don't believe every lurid thing I am reading about it.

Lurid wasn't quite the word I would use for the video. Except that someone was filming it. Ok, perhaps it is lurid. There's no hint of sexual depravity or anything like that though. But they are all kinds of messed up. It's not an easy ride down from that. And to the straight people that love him, Michelle and other's, she must have been frustrated and hurt beyond belief.

Lurid wasn't quite the word I would use for the video. Except that someone was filming it. Ok, perhaps it is lurid. There's no hint of sexual depravity or anything like that though. But they are all kinds of messed up. It's not an easy ride down from that. And to the straight people that love him, Michelle and other's, she must have been frustrated and hurt beyond belief.

Yes - the video sounds like pretty standard partying. I was talking about other things being slung around when I said "lurid.":)

If that was 2006, he may have been off of it by now, or have been trying to get off it - maybe that's why he had trouble sleeping and was taking so many sleeping pills.

Smoking alot of pot and I'm sure cocaine can really mess up the brain chemicals; and he probably needed a darned good psychiatrist familiar with pharmaceuticals to get his sleep patterns back to normal.

Also, staying up late and partying alot is the WORST thing to do if you can't sleep regularly. Everything gets out of whack.

The Psychiatrist would have looked at ALL his drugs and told him what to take when and NOT TO MIX with what else; proper dosages included. It sounds like he had gotten alot of different prescriptions from alot of places, ALL DEPRESSANTS, and he took too much. Sometimes you can forget what you've taken, you sleepily reach out and take another one. VERY DANGEROUS!!!

Prescription drugs, not used properly, can be just as dangerous as illegal ones, IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back