All Things Jose Baez Questions, Comments, Actions , Discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
But there might be evidence in the Tony P situation--i.e., the "original" document(s) might be different from the one JB presented in court.

*Chefmom is crossing her fingers!*

:crossfingers:

Casey Anthony cut off from 'fed up' George, Cindy, WESH reports
posted by halboedeker on Sep 1, 2009 6:09:46 PM

Casey Anthony is no longer getting any letters from her parents, and George and Cindy Anthony are fed up, WESH-Channel 2 reported today.

Defense attorney Jose Baez has controlled the correspondence between his client and her parents, Brad Conway, the attorney for the parents, told WESH's Bob Kealing.

But George and Cindy Anthony plan to start mailing letters to their daughter despite Baez, Conway said. "It's been terrible all along for them," Conway said. Andrea Lyon, the new defense attorney, says the parents should have a video visit with their daughter, Conway said.

Baez did not respond to WESH, Kealing said.

Article:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...-anthony-.html

Hmmmm... Wonder who's driving this bus now??

I don't agree. This shouldn't be taking clients, when he is so clueless. It's like scamming folks out of their money. The clients, and the state.

That guy that got convicted down in Polk County, his case will have to be retried. JB walked away and didn't look back.

All people deserve to have decent representation.
But you have to prove things in court....they could not prove he made a clueless mistake.
Not so sure he is so dumb....He is getting a lot of press that is his goal....
For JB it is also a notch for his culture....being a young attorney in the lime light, his community is very, very proud of him. And when you see Giraldo Rivera you can see the pride parade.....

Dear GOD! Is that all it takes to be cleared is to claim you do not recall that conversation? And now Mr. Baez wants us to believe these claims were unsubstantiated simply because it was a private conversation-one mans word against the other, so therefore HE is the one telling the truth between them? NO WAY JOSE! You ARE Casey's perfect attorney aren't you?
My fear is that is the same card that may get KC off. :mad:
Lack of DIRECT proof.

We will know _if_ the A's are allowed a video visitation..... or not

The A's can schedule a visit but Casey can cancel or refuse to see them..let's see which lawyer she'll listen to JB or AL

Also, I can't believe the A's waited this long to get fed up with Baez controlling the letters between them and Casey...

If they wanted to send her letters what was legally stopping them from dropping the letters off in a mailbox addressed to her at the OC Jail..

Can Baez have total control over letters she receives that are mailed directly to the jail? Is that legal?

A professional matchmaker could not have done better.
T totally agree! A match made at the very HOT gates of h&ll!

Lol! We can start calling him "He Who Must Not Be Named"!
Now that is funny right there! We are big Harry Potter fans so I know exactly what you mean.

But there might be evidence in the Tony P situation--i.e., the "original" document(s) might be different from the one JB presented in court.
True, but that can only be proven IF JB provides the original. Otherwise, won't they just withdraw the motion or declare it nil and void? Or can that happen since an order has already been entered?:waitasec:

My fear is that is the same card that may get KC off. :mad:
Lack of DIRECT proof.
Ah but this is a little different and thank GOD for that. In her case, although there may be no ironclad she absolutely did it evidence, there IS loads of evidence that points in her direction.

♣ Her baby is MISSING and she does not EVER call the police.
♣ She waits 31 days to even tell her parents and only once the police are involved.
♣ Her car WREAKED of decomposition when it was picked up from the tow yard, where it had sat since she abandoned it after she was the ONLY one in possession of it.
♣ The decomposition in the car WAS her dead daughter, as evidenced by the hair with the "death band" that positively did belong to Caylee.
♣ She lied over and over to the police and provided absolutely NO help when they were trying to locate her missing daughter.
♣ She led the police on a wild goose chase which did not lead anywhere NEAR her daughter.
♣ Her daughter was found CLOSE TO HOME just as Casey stated she was. Only thing? She was dead.
♣ The tape on the gas can in her shed matched the tape on her babies face.
♣ She got a TATTOO which means THE BEAUTIFUL LIFE weeks after her daughter was dead (but only she knew THAT).
♣ Not one soul that knows her EVER met or even heard or spoke with the babysitter/invisi-nanny.

I would use the analogy of snow that falls while we sleep. The ground is covered when we awaken, so although we did not actually see the snow falling we can reasonably determine that it did indeed fall because the ground is covered. Same with Caylee. She was laying dead in the woods on Suburban Avenue since June 16th. She was last seen with Casey. Now we did not see Casey kill her, nor do we have any direct proof that she did, but like the circumstancial evidence of the snow covered ground, we have an intricate web of circumstancial evidence that indicates Casey DID kill Caylee although nobody saw her do it.

In today's news thread,
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88414"]2009.09.01 Today's Current News - ***NO DISCUSSIONS HERE PLEASE *** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
I read that JB said in an interview that his being cleared made him understand false accusations more and that his client has told him she is not guilty so he is working hard to put the state to it's burden - not a direct quote but close.

Am I the only one that thinks "my client has told me she is not guilty" is a bit of a change from his previous "my client is innocent" claims?

I would use the analogy of snow that falls while we sleep. The ground is covered when we awaken, so although we did not actually see the snow falling we can reasonably determine that it did indeed fall because the ground is covered. Same with Caylee. She was laying dead in the woods on Suburban Avenue since June 16th. She was last seen with Casey. Now we did not see Casey kill her, nor do we have any direct proof that she did, but like the circumstancial evidence of the snow covered ground, we have an intricate web of circumstancial evidence that indicates Casey DID kill Caylee although nobody saw her do it.

respectfully snipped

Good points magic-cat

and I'd like to add that it is a remote possibility that a ufo came over and dropped a white substance while we slept - a substance that is very similar in appearance, texture, and composition to snow so there is a remote possibility that it didn't snow and one might say that creates reasonable doubt but that kind of doubt is just not reasonable

The A's can schedule a visit but Casey can cancel or refuse to see them..let's see which lawyer she'll listen to JB or AL

Also, I can't believe the A's waited this long to get fed up with Baez controlling the letters between them and Casey...

If they wanted to send her letters what was legally stopping them from dropping the letters off in a mailbox addressed to her at the OC Jail..

Can Baez have total control over letters she receives that are mailed directly to the jail? Is that legal?

I don't think JB has any say over any correspondence that comes through the jail mail. I do recall in one of the jailhouse videos where LA was telling lil sis how JB had to do whatever she said, and something to the effect of passing letters from her to the family and vice-versa. I also think that the A's may have been "schooled" by AL about what was really going to happen to the beautiful Princess CEO when this went to trial. Perhaps she even suggested that a plea was seriously in her best interest as the mountain of evidence against Gorgeous rivaled Everest at this point and how even she, the great crusader against the DP, may not be able to save her from riding the lightening or getting a needle in her arm. The A's may finally try to get around JB and see her. It will be interesting to see if KC will take a visit from them or if she will follow advice from JB and refuse a visit.

In today's news thread,
2009.09.01 Today's Current News - ***NO DISCUSSIONS HERE PLEASE *** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
I read that JB said in an interview that his being cleared made him understand false accusations more and that his client has told him she is not guilty so he is working hard to put the state to it's burden - not a direct quote but close.

Am I the only one that thinks "my client has told me she is not guilty" is a bit of a change from his previous "my client is innocent" claims?

Oh, it is definately a HUGE difference! He has said numerous times that she is innocent. Not "not guilty", but flat out innocent. He better start rewording that before trial gets here or a jury is going to expect him to prove her innocence in the face of overwhelming evidence pointing to her guilt.

Am I the only one that thinks "my client has told me she is not guilty" is a bit of a change from his previous "my client is innocent" claims?[/QUOTE]

I actually signed on here to say the same thing. I noticed that he said that once before but after he was declaring his client innocent. Definitely seems to be changing his tune. It's no longer an, "I believe my client is innocent" situation, its now a she said she didn't do it so I am going to make them prove it. I do think that speaks volumes to me and also tells me that the new attorneys on the dream team might be giving him a little bit of a reality check.

Since JB has been so consistent for so long with his "my client is innocent" my guess is that AL had to tell him to stop saying that and substitute with "my client SAYS....". I don't think JB is smart enough to suddenly make this change all by himself.

Ah but this is a little different and thank GOD for that. In her case, although there may be no ironclad she absolutely did it evidence, there IS loads of evidence that points in her direction.

♣ Her baby is MISSING and she does not EVER call the police.
♣ She waits 31 days to even tell her parents and only once the police are involved.
♣ Her car WREAKED of decomposition when it was picked up from the tow yard, where it had sat since she abandoned it after she was the ONLY one in possession of it.
♣ The decomposition in the car WAS her dead daughter, as evidenced by the hair with the "death band" that positively did belong to Caylee.
♣ She lied over and over to the police and provided absolutely NO help when they were trying to locate her missing daughter.
♣ She led the police on a wild goose chase which did not lead anywhere NEAR her daughter.
♣ Her daughter was found CLOSE TO HOME just as Casey stated she was. Only thing? She was dead.
♣ The tape on the gas can in her shed matched the tape on her babies face.
♣ She got a TATTOO which means THE BEAUTIFUL LIFE weeks after her daughter was dead (but only she knew THAT).
♣ Not one soul that knows her EVER met or even heard or spoke with the babysitter/invisi-nanny.

I love your analogy...:)
I hope you are correct :blowkiss:

I don't think JB has any say over any correspondence that comes through the jail mail. I do recall in one of the jailhouse videos where LA was telling lil sis how JB had to do whatever she said, and something to the effect of passing letters from her to the family and vice-versa. I also think that the A's may have been "schooled" by AL about what was really going to happen to the beautiful Princess CEO when this went to trial. Perhaps she even suggested that a plea was seriously in her best interest as the mountain of evidence against Gorgeous rivaled Everest at this point and how even she, the great crusader against the DP, may not be able to save her from riding the lightening or getting a needle in her arm. The A's may finally try to get around JB and see her. It will be interesting to see if KC will take a visit from them or if she will follow advice from JB and refuse a visit.

BBM
chefmom, I remember that as well, and I got the impression that Baez had not passed on the letters, so it should not have been a surprise to the A's if their letters were not being sent to Casey.

Oh, it is definately a HUGE difference! He has said numerous times that she is innocent. Not "not guilty", but flat out innocent. He better start rewording that before trial gets here or a jury is going to expect him to prove her innocence in the face of overwhelming evidence pointing to her guilt.

I think he said WORSE! He said, "exonerate." Powerful word, that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stupot77