All Things Jose Baez Questions, Comments, Actions , Discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, nanny1, I haven't forgotten that explanation of how Jose B. came to represent the prisoner but I remember the relative as a cousin, not Jose's daughter. I also recall all too well that the prisoner paid Jose's retainer fee with a bad check.

JB is not as smart as he thinks!!:woohoo:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb6wPSfCTrk"]YouTube - Casey Anthony: Her Parents' Attorney Speaks Out - 5PM Broadcast[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9czWaCV4nM"]YouTube - Casey Anthony: New Motion for Protective Order - 6PM Broadcast[/ame]

More fom Hornsby-I like this lawyer!! He knows what he's talking about judging from his website! http://www.RichardHornsby.com

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOHcZimThz4"]YouTube - Casey Anthony: Prosecutors Fed Up![/ame]

In the above clip it states that JB wants only to apply the rules to his side of any argument. And that he is not strategically using his time right to build a case against what the prosecution is going to present. Says JB accused the State and now they are on the defensive and denying JB's requests.

Imagine that? KC managed to enlist a Lawyer who ignores the rules of the court - Are we sure he's not related to the A's? :waitasec:

Florida Bar clears Jose Baez of ethics charges
The Florida Bar has cleared José Baez, Casey Anthony's defense attorney, of ethics allegations made by a private investigator who worked on the case, according to documents obtained Monday by the Orlando Sentinel.

Members of the Bar's Grievance Committee found "insufficient evidence" that Baez did anything wrong, according to a letter from the Bar.

Dominic Casey, the investigator, alerted the Bar about two issues involving Baez, who represents Anthony in the murder case that arose from the disappearance last summer of her daughter, Caylee Marie.

One issue concerned a discussion the investigator said he had with Baez about doing something other than calling 911 if he found the missing toddler.

Caylee Marie disappeared in mid-June 2008. Her body was found in December in woods less than a mile from her home. Dominic Casey looked in those woods several weeks before she was discovered.

The Bar committee reviewed documents and interviewed Baez and others.

The attorney told the Bar that he did not recall the conversation and he would never instruct Casey to walk away and call him if the private investigator found the child, according to the Bar letter.

Casey also raised another issue dealing with payment for his services. Baez advised the Bar that he would review appropriate invoices and discuss them with the investigator.

Baez said Monday that he was pleased with how the investigation ended.

"I think we've had plenty of unsubstantiated accusations in this case," Baez said. "And it only motivates me to fight harder."

Anthony, 23, is awaiting trial on a first-degree murder charge in the death of her daughter.
Copyright © 2009, Orlando Sentinel

The Florida Bar has cleared José Baez, Casey Anthony's defense attorney, of ethics allegations made by a private investigator who worked on the case, according to documents obtained Monday by the Orlando Sentinel.

Members of the Bar's Grievance Committee found "insufficient evidence" that Baez did anything wrong, according to a letter from the Bar.

Dominic Casey, the investigator, alerted the Bar about two issues involving Baez, who represents Anthony in the murder case that arose from the disappearance last summer of her daughter, Caylee Marie.

One issue concerned a discussion the investigator said he had with Baez about doing something other than calling 911 if he found the missing toddler.

Caylee Marie disappeared in mid-June 2008. Her body was found in December in woods less than a mile from her home. Dominic Casey looked in those woods several weeks before she was discovered.

The attorney told the Bar that he did not recall the conversation and he would never instruct Casey to walk away and call him if the private investigator found the child, according to the Bar letter.

Casey also raised another issue dealing with payment for his services. Baez advised the Bar that he would review appropriate invoices and discuss them with the investigator.

"I think we've had plenty of unsubstantiated accusations in this case," Baez said. "And it only motivates me to fight harder."

Anthony, 23, is awaiting trial on a first-degree murder charge in the death of her daughter.

We need an icon with a "gag alert". I almost spit out my coffee when I read his quote. I guess the Bar Grievance board is satisfied that JB is telling the truth. Wow...wow! He's great at pulling out the victim card. Kinda like his client.

Dear GOD! Is that all it takes to be cleared is to claim you do not recall that conversation? And now Mr. Baez wants us to believe these claims were unsubstantiated simply because it was a private conversation-one mans word against the other, so therefore HE is the one telling the truth between them? NO WAY JOSE! You ARE Casey's perfect attorney aren't you?

Dear GOD! Is that all it takes to be cleared is to claim you do not recall that conversation? And now Mr. Baez wants us to believe these claims were unsubstantiated simply because it was a private conversation-one mans word against the other, so therefore HE is the one telling the truth between them? NO WAY JOSE! You ARE Casey's perfect attorney aren't you?

:clap: :clap: :clap: Seriously! I hope that TP persues his complaint! I mean, all of these people can't be 'out to get' JB! One complaint being made doesn't necessarily mean anything, but when they keep coming and coming! Geesh!

:clap: :clap: :clap: Seriously! I hope that TP persues his complaint! I mean, all of these people can't be 'out to get' JB! One complaint being made doesn't necessarily mean anything, but when they keep coming and coming! Geesh!
In light of this development I realize it would be JUST as futile for Tony Padilla to bring a complaint to the bar based on his WORD that the document that Baez presented in court was NOT the document that he siagned...NO EVIDENCE...Jose IS a sorcerer isn't he? :mad:

"The Bar says there was insufficient evidence for both claims."

This is a good thing in a way because we really do not want a new strong Defense lead, JB is just fine and it is not about JB anymore. AL is in the back seat driving the bus aided by TM as navigator. JB is along for the ride at this point.

"The Bar says there was insufficient evidence for both claims."

This is a good thing in a way because we really do not want a new strong Defense lead, JB is just fine and it is not about JB anymore. AL is in the back seat driving the bus aided by TM as navigator. JB is along for the ride at this point.

I don't agree. This shouldn't be taking clients, when he is so clueless. It's like scamming folks out of their money. The clients, and the state.

That guy that got convicted down in Polk County, his case will have to be retried. JB walked away and didn't look back.

All people deserve to have decent representation.

Insufficient evidence does not mean they didn't find fault with him, just that they didn't have enough to support a formal disciplinary action/fine/suspension. Sometimes its what they don't say which is most important. Notice they don't say unsubstantiated....only JB says that. But I can bet they put him on notice and will be watching him very carefully. This also doesn't address Judge S's complaint....just D. Casey's.

A professional matchmaker could not have done better.

I don't agree. This shouldn't be taking clients, when he is so clueless. It's like scamming folks out of their money. The clients, and the state.

That guy that got convicted down in Polk County, his case will have to be retried. JB walked away and didn't look back.

All people deserve to have decent representation.

But KC has AL, TM, LKB and, the Dream Team so there is not so much a worry about that. IMHO.

In light of this development I realize it would be JUST as futile for Tony Padilla to bring a complaint to the bar based on his WORD that the document that Baez presented in court was NOT the document that he siagned...NO EVIDENCE...Jose IS a sorcerer isn't he? :mad:

Lol! We can start calling him "He Who Must Not Be Named"!

But there might be evidence in the Tony P situation--i.e., the "original" document(s) might be different from the one JB presented in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda