All Things Jose Baez Questions, Comments, Actions , Discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see what you mean..you go to his main page and if you try to hit anything on the left, just brings you back to his main page..false advertising as far as I can see..who knows with this guy..too much air in his head..:bang:

As far as the security? Not sure either. Some people get a security alert when they go to the website. I have an idea, someone who know's about websites might understand. The Question I have is how can he be so sure of himself? Casey seems to have complete trust in This attorney.

As far as the Security cert goes, it is no big deal. The only page on the site I could find that uses https: was the contact page or "attorney zone". A contact us form is not exactly the same as your online banking. Most websites do not use SSL at all on contact us pages.

Dave

What comes to my mind is a term my Grandad used that I didn't understand as a little girl. (Grandaddy was a police chief).

The term was " shyster lawyer ". I understand that term now.
My Dad used to refer to some people as shyster's also, that's funny

Considering Casey found this guy by referral from other inmates the first time she was locked up.....what a golden opportunity - his lucky day that was.

Shyster=Crooked Lawyer, heard it from a lawyer , whos dog was named Shyster LOL

On NG last night didn't she say that the "DEFENSE" made $200,000. on live photos and videos............now defence means Baez? and kc and 'a' family? Is that legal for a lawyer? Is that how CA/GA lived on money? Is this how KC paid JB? No wonder the judge is afraid JB will make more money with death photos...........how horrible!!! IMOO

On NG last night didn't she say that the "DEFENSE" made $200,000. on live photos and videos............now defence means Baez? and kc and 'a' family? Is that legal for a lawyer? Is that how CA/GA lived on money? Is this how KC paid JB? No wonder the judge is afraid JB will make more money with death photos...........how horrible!!! IMOO

Baez is representing Casey Anthony NOT the "A's" and I think we all know this, don't we? So why are you suggesting Baez is representing the entire family, when you know he IS NOT?

If Casey signed her photo rights over to pay for her legal defense, it is indeed horrible that her supposed "pro-bona defense team" may be collecting hundreds of thousands of dollars by fueling media events and in turn collecting from those photos.

As many of us saw lat eve, the NG show suggested that Baez may be trying to sell an exclusive interview with KC for $500,000. I found this to be extremely significant, but haven't found any discussion of it this morning. So I'll ask here.
Does anyone know where these allegations might haave come from?
Doesn't this seem to be unethical?
Are there any other details?
TIA for any answers.

As many of us saw lat eve, the NG show suggested that Baez may be trying to sell an exclusive interview with KC for $500,000. I found this to be extremely significant, but haven't found any discussion of it this morning. So I'll ask here.
TIA for any answers.

been wondering that myself...

TIA for any answers.

Selling an interview with your client is definitely not in the client's best interest. Not that I really care about KC because I find her repulsive. However, he really is not giving her the best defense. He wants money and publicity from her notoriety. I would never hire him, I hope nobody every hires him after this fiasco.

Selling an interview with your client is definitely not in the client's best interest. Not that I really care about KC because I find her repulsive. However, he really is not giving her the best defense. He wants money and publicity from her notoriety. I would never hire him, I hope nobody every hires him after this fiasco.

The questions wouldn't be allowed to have anything to do with the facts of this case at all. He would sit next to her and stop her from answering any questions he didn't want her to answer.

The questions would all be about how much she loved Caylee and couldn't have done anything like this to her daughter. She would also go over the whole ZFG thing again only this time extensively coached by JB. If she was going to say something contradictory he'd butt in.

A lot of people would tune in and not learn a blessed thing.

TIA for any answers.
I hear that to and wonder where that came from. I never hear that said before. If that did happen, I am guessing he thinking he has to be paid somehow. I do believe if that does happen she will not be allow to talk about the case. I agree with the post above me.

The questions wouldn't be allowed to have anything to do with the facts of this case at all. He would sit next to her and stop her from answering any questions he didn't want her to answer.

The questions would all be about how much she loved Caylee and couldn't have done anything like this to her daughter. She would also go over the whole ZFG thing again only this time extensively coached by JB. If she was going to say something contradictory he'd butt in.

A lot of people would tune in and not learn a blessed thing.

I agree, he would never let her say anything that they didn't rehearse many times. I would have a problem with an attorney who was only concerned with all the money he could make off of me. I guess he and KC deserve each other being that they're equally superficial and slimy.

Searched long and hard for this one...instead of starting a new thread, or putting this on another thread to be OT.

That said, Baez has mentioned a Casey "tip line" a while ago....does he have to turn over all the "tips" he's received to the prosecution, as well ??? (If there were any)

Searched long and hard for this one...instead of starting a new thread, or putting this on another thread to be OT.

That said, Baez has mentioned a Casey "tip line" a while ago....does he have to turn over all the "tips" he's received to the prosecution, as well ??? (If there were any)

I would think so, if the prosecution asks for it in discovery. I don't think he'll need much paper, tho. :crazy:

Mods, hope it is okay to start this thread. As some of us began looking at previous cases of Mr. Baez through online court websites, the current threads(re: motion recently filed, complaints to bar) started getting a bit off-topic.

As discussed on one of those threads, the OC Clerk of Court website displays 51 cases with Jose Baez as defense attorney.

As a previous poster mentioned, the vast majority of cases were drug, burglary, prostitution, etc related and most ended in a plea agreement. A few appear as if the defendant jumped bond, and one had a pending trial although Mr. Baez has filed a continuance twice, so maybe a plea agreement in the making?

(Disclaimer: This post is in no way meant to be racially motived)

What struck me as interesting right off the bat is that of the 51 cases involving 44 different defendants, only 6 appear to be NON-hispanic (KC included in this number). The 44 are unquestionably hispanic sounding last names, and the other 6 I was unsure.

The breakdown was as follows:

10 defendants in 2008 - KC only non-hispanic

13 defendants in 2007 - 1 non-hispanic

13 defendants in 2006 - 2 non-hispanic

8 defendants in 2005 (and previous) - 2 non-hispanic

Of the 44 defendants, 34 were male, 9 were female and not sure on the last.

So this brought me back to the mystery of how Casey knew or heard about Mr. Baez desiring her to retain HIM as her counsel.

At least in OC, I find it very odd that almost ALL of Jose Baez' clients since he was admitted to the Bar are hispanic. I do NOT believe at all that Orange County's criminal population is predominently male hispanics, so why are these the only people Mr Baez is defending sans KC? I suppose it could be that he is "known" in the hispanic community, but now wonder if HE seeks out this possible demographic group, and if so, how did KC come in contact with him?

Which leads me to my next question..... is it possible that the OC Sheriff deputy who was sleeping with KC and was eventually fired for lying about their relationship heard about the impending arrest of KC for child endangerment (at the SO) prior to the arrest warrant being executed and HE contacted Jose Baez to go to the jail to see KC?

IIRC, as far as representing Casey ...she asked when she was arrested and in jail if anyone knew a lawyer, or could recommend a good lawyer (HA! Who's sorry now??).
I don't believe we ever got any REAL specifics of who it was that gave her info....like the person's name, etc.

I also remember hearing about her getting his business card from some waiting area in the jail...can't say if it's a fact or part of the story....or just someone making a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member