Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Within a very short time of her being dead she was in that position," he said.

"This is 14km away from his house, where, if he did kill Mrs Baden-Clay at the house and move her, it would have been within a very short period of time that she ended up in that particular position under the bridge."

What do they mean by "very short period of time" 30 mins, 1 hour? Silly question I guess, Anyone know?

http://www.couriermail.com.au
Gerard Baden-Clay bail bid denied
Accused wife killer Gerard Baden-Clay has been refused bail in Brisbane's Supreme Court after a lengthy bail application hearing that ran into the evening. Justice Applegarth determined there had not been a change of circumstances. Bail was refused on the grounds Baden-Clay hadn't shown cause and remained a risk of flight.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au
Justice Applegarth said he believed there was very limited evidence to support the suicide theory and spoke of the Crown's evidence of the blood found in the car, which had Mrs Baden-Clay's DNA, and the plant expert who had identified six species of plant on Mrs Baden-Clay, only two of which were located in the area around the creek where she was found. Justice Applegarth said he believed the Crown to have a "reasonably strong case", adding "it's certainly not a weak one" and said that it was an important factor when considering the risk of the applicant taking flights.

I do not believe for a moment that Allison left her medication in the glove-box of the car and also the carport as was reported today. She had three little girls to consider and I feel sure that she would not leave her medication in harm's way.

Not so good try GBC. :furious:

Of course she wouldnt do that, and you cant get another script filled until your other one is nearly up. Its not like you can stockpile zoloft easily.

Of course she wouldnt do that, and you cant get another script filled until your other one is nearly up. Its not like you can stockpile zoloft easily.

Actually you can. First, the doctor can write a special code on the script to allow all the repeats to be dispensed at one time (eg if you're heading off on a round-the-world cruise), or you can simply take the script to the chemist on separate days and fill the repeats.

Happens all the time... but Zoloft is one of the safest antidepressants. Overdose - even in large quantities - rarely causes death. Unless taken with other stuff as well, plus alcohol, for example. If Allison had elevated levels of Zoloft when found (and they said they could only get the levels from blood in the liver - see my post a few pages back), it could be self-administered or administered by someone else, but most likely would only have made her very sleepy/drowsy. Certainly far too drowsy to walk 14 Km...!

"This is 14km away from his house, where, if he did kill Mrs Baden-Clay at the house and move her, it would have been within a very short period of time that she ended up in that particular position under the bridge."

What do they mean by "very short period of time" 30 mins, 1 hour? Silly question I guess, Anyone know?

Not a silly question at all Amee. They would have determined that she had been in the position where she was found due to the lividity, or livor mortis as it's known, where the blood settles according to gravity.

This process usually starts within 20-30 minutes after death, and reaches a maximum anywhere from 6-12 hours later. The blood settles into the lower parts of the body, the capillaries leak blood, serum, and blood pigments into the tissues outside the capillaries, and cause the typical staining effect.

If the lividity was well "set" when the body was found, and if it conformed to the position in which the body was lying when found, then it would be reasonable to deduce that it had been there and unmoved, after having been placed there sometime between, say, half an hour and 4-6 hours after death.

The point was, I think, that she would appear to have been dumped where she was found, given that the water level was well below that spot, and presumably the lividity was consistent with that.

When I go to get my MIL's Zoloft the Chemist checks her records to see when she had her last script filled. I get grilled with questions before they hand over the refill.

Maybe Allison wasnt the only one taking Zoloft? MOO

Not a silly question at all Amee. They would have determined that she had been in the position where she was found due to the lividity, or livor mortis as it's known, where the blood settles according to gravity.

This process usually starts within 20-30 minutes after death, and reaches a maximum anywhere from 6-12 hours later. The blood settles into the lower parts of the body, the capillaries leak blood, serum, and blood pigments into the tissues outside the capillaries, and cause the typical staining effect.

If the lividity was well "set" when the body was found, and if it conformed to the position in which the body was lying when found, then it would be reasonable to deduce that it had been there and unmoved, after having been placed there sometime between, say, half an hour and 4-6 hours after death.

The point was, I think, that she would appear to have been dumped where she was found, given that the water level was well below that spot, and presumably the lividity was consistent with that.

Cool thanks Doc. Plenty of time to rally the troops for help :moo:

When I go to get my MIL's Zoloft the Chemist checks her records to see when she had her last script filled. I get grilled with questions before they hand over the refill.

Maybe Allison wasnt the only one taking Zoloft? MOO

That's a conscientious pharmacist, Amee. Also could just be checking how many remaining repeats. But not all pharmacists are as conscientious....

Also, that's a good point you raise - maybe Allison WASN'T the only one on Zoloft?

But getting a stock of tablets isn't hard - patients do it all the time - off camping, 4WD trips across the Simpson, overseas trips, etc etc. Or just "lost the last lot - accidentally thrown away in the rubbish" is a common one. It wouldn't be a problem unless it started to show up on the pharmacy computer system as being habitual.

This is justice for Sarah Cafferkey & Jill Maher.

No Bail and keeping them in gaol and off the streets.
Maybe our judicial system has learned some valuable lessons lately.

Amy Remeikis ‏@Amy_Remeikis

The document pile in the Baden-Clay bail app mk II. Or $527 worth of photocopying pic.twitter.com/CkL4LtHi

That's a conscientious pharmacist, Amee. Also could just be checking how many remaining repeats. But not all pharmacists are as conscientious....

Also, that's a good point you raise - maybe Allison WASN'T the only one on Zoloft?

But getting a stock of tablets isn't hard - patients do it all the time - off camping, 4WD trips across the Simpson, overseas trips, etc etc. Or just "lost the last lot - accidentally thrown away in the rubbish" is a common one. It wouldn't be a problem unless it started to show up on the pharmacy computer system as being habitual.

Wasn't GBC reported to have gone to the Pharmacy that day before?

Is it possible that the defense were 'testing out' the suicide theory and that's why they went for the bail application? That might be far fetched, but it was a thought that crossed my mind today.

Now they've started with the suicide theory will they need to continue on with that or can they change their mind before the committal?

Sooty Doc, already answered.
Maybe you can help out with an answer on this one Dr Watson?

http://www.couriermail.com.au
Gerard Baden-Clay bail bid denied
Accused wife killer Gerard Baden-Clay has been refused bail in Brisbane's Supreme Court after a lengthy bail application hearing that ran into the evening. Justice Applegarth determined there had not been a change of circumstances. Bail was refused on the grounds Baden-Clay hadn't shown cause and remained a risk of flight.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au
Justice Applegarth said he believed there was very limited evidence to support the suicide theory and spoke of the Crown's evidence of the blood found in the car, which had Mrs Baden-Clay's DNA, and the plant expert who had identified six species of plant on Mrs Baden-Clay, only two of which were located in the area around the creek where she was found. Justice Applegarth said he believed the Crown to have a "reasonably strong case", adding "it's certainly not a weak one" and said that it was an important factor when considering the risk of the applicant taking flights.

Yes, and they also said the six plant species were found in her hair. Suggests to me that they didn't get there from normal day to day life at home or in the garden or they'd be on her clothes. moo

Amy Remeikis ‏@Amy_Remeikis

The document pile in the Baden-Clay bail app mk II. Or $527 worth of photocopying pic.twitter.com/CkL4LtHi

The photo of document pile mentioned in above...

mini-A-EH4FzCYAAMRG6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member