Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolded above: I must admit that even during the lengthy time that I wrote and argued for their innocence (and I don't regret this, as I believe they deserved the benefit of the doubt) I was always troubled by her saying she touched the blood in the sink and found it was dried. I tried to dismiss this but in my mind I could not help feeling on some level the touching was to cover her DNA. If I am wrong, then in my heart I apologize to her. But it set off an alarm in the basement of the brain.....

And something else that has set off an alarm in the basement of my brain is........if she so carefully studied the blood, why didn't she just rub/wash it off?? Was she really that lazy? It seems to me that if someone bends over to study some stuff on the sink faucet, after studying it, the next natural thing would be to just quickly take some water and get rid of it!! Duh! LOL!

Seems to be she never actually noticed those blood spots...........................................................................................

Rudy took Meredith's cell phones for the same reason he took a cell phone from a Perugia lawyers office a couple weeks earlier. Stolen cell phones can be sold for cash.

Then why didn't he sell it....Lol!

Makes no sense that Rudy would take the phones to prevent Meredith from calling for help. Had be been the lone wolf then he clearly knew she was dead when he left because she was covered with a duvet.

He did not take them to sell for money clearly because they were thrown away.

The plausible reason anyone had to take the phones IMO was to prevent them being heard ringing behind the door, so as not to pre maturely discover the scene. Otherwise the "I called Meredith" excuse doesn't work. Had they been ringing behind the door and no answer from Meredith, there would be no excuse to not call the police immediately.

You are so right. I believe this throwing away was done when Amanda and RS "plan" was concocted for the cover-up. They made a plan sometime after the murder. Something like: first we'll clean up/stage the burglary. Then we'll put the Filomena/Meredith plan into action, consisting of calling Filomena to advise her of the situation in the house, and at the same time calling Meredith's phone so we can say "yeah, we were sooooooooooo worried....see, see....we called her phone, yes we did." If the phones were in the room, well like you said, there goes that. Prison, here we come.

Amanda was obviously concerned. 1.She had told Raffaele
2 . She had called Filomena who based on what Amanda told her was returning home.
3. She had called Meredith's phones
4. In a few minutes RS would call the police himself.

I'm sure that I'm leaving things out.
The idea that nothing had happened or she had no innocent basis for concern is nonsense.

She was concerned and she called her mother.

Can someone who believes Amanda is guilty please tell me what she said to her mother that was so sinister? Did she confess to her mother? Did she confess to her mother while the postal police were there? Were the postal police there or not? If they were already there how can you also say nothing had happened yet?

Yes.

ETA: There was a theory that Guede stole the phones to sell them for cash, but became frightened when they started ringing, and flung them into the ravine.

re Knox and Sollecito: The only question is, why not turn them off, so that they could say it went right to voicemail? (and no ringing would be heard). anyone cover this?

You know what, it might have something to do with the fact that both of them turned their own cell phones off. Hmmm......Raffaelo's cell phone off, Amanda's cell phone off................Meredith's cell phone off.............they didn't want anyone to connect those dots. I believe this is the reason.l

2 . She had called Filomena who based on what Amanda told her was returning home.

The idea that nothing had happened or she had no innocent basis for concern is nonsense.

Can someone who believes Amanda is guilty please tell me what she said to her mother that was so sinister? Did she confess to her mother? Did she confess to her mother while the postal police were there? Were the postal police there or not? If they were already there how can you also say nothing had happened yet?
I am not sure if Knox is guilty or not. And there was nothing sinister about the call, for sure.

The odd fact is that she seems not to want to remember it. She seems stand-offish about it, as though she would rather not commit to it. Maybe it was the stress, which made her really not recall it. I'll buy that. It's just another little oddity, another hole, in her story.

But I am not going to make such a huge deal of it. And yes, I will admit that things may already have been stressful at that point.

But it can also seem that she was being deliberately coy about the call. Almost headstrong. And one wonders why. But that's just my take; what do I know? ;)

From that, we know that Anne Bremner has no understanding of the Italian justice system. She should do her homework, or stay out of it.

Get out Anne Bremner! God, we don't need any more confusion.

You know what, it might have something to do with the fact that both of them turned their own cell phones off. Hmmm......Raffaelo's cell phone off, Amanda's cell phone off................Meredith's cell phone off.............they didn't want anyone to connect those dots. I believe this is the reason.l
That's a point to consider, for sure....good thinking ;)

I don't know but it was enough that even Edda questioned amanda about the need for this phone call in a conversation in jail.
The postal police were not there yet IMO

That's exactly why the prosecution was even more interested in that phone call. On the surface, it looks like the mother received the phone call on Friday morning, and was immediately thinking about going to Perugia. By Monday, Seattle time, the mother was in Perugia. One of the first questions that she had for Knox was: why did she make the phone call before anything had happened?

Yes, something was said in that phone call which raised serious alarm bells for her mother, IMO. I think, maybe, deep down inside her mother knows Amanda was involved somehow. But what are you gonna do, let your daughter go to prison? No, every parent is going to fight for their son or daughter in that situation. She probably thinks Amanda got involuntarily swept into the situation, as in stoned out/drunk and didn't realize what she was getting into. And she probably blames the people around her. That's just natural.

Is your theory that RG was in the house when Meredith arrived at 9pm and he attacked her shortly after?

If that's the case why was he there an hour later?

If that's not the case do you think he waited almost an hour to attack her and was hidden in the house that long? Or did he break in while she was home?

When the bank call was made at 10PMish the phone was still at the cottage, at midnight when it rang it was in the location it was found.

What is your theory for the time lapses here?
I believe he interrupted Meredith's call to her mother and she was killed shortly thereafter.
He then cleaned his pants, searched through her things, sat on her bed, laid the knife down, rifled through her purse, grabbed her cards, stole her phones and before all this he preformed an act so heinous and inexplicable, I can't even bring my fingers to type.
As he left the cottage, he made the calls, silenced the incoming picture message maybe even threw the knife and keys – I don't know. Later on that night he hooked up with his buddies and went out on the town. Since then he keeps reminding everyone that if he only had a phone to call for help, she'd be alive and I don't believe him.

Yes, something was said in that phone call which raised serious alarm bells for her mother, IMO. I think, maybe, deep down inside her mother knows Amanda was involved somehow. But what are you gonna do, let your daughter go to prison? No, every parent is going to fight for their son or daughter in that situation. She probably thinks Amanda got involuntarily swept into the situation, as in stoned out/drunk and didn't realize what she was getting into. And she probably blames the people around her. That's just natural.
I think her mother was truly puzzled, and wanted an explanation, yes. And it's quite possible that in some dark recess of her mind, she had some fear and doubt, and was trying to get her daughter to dispel these (which she didn't seem to).

I believe he interrupted Meredith's call to her mother and she was killed shortly thereafter.
He then cleaned his pants, searched through her things, sat on her bed, laid the knife down, rifled through her purse, grabbed her cards, stole her phones and before all this he preformed an act so heinous and inexplicable, I can't even bring my fingers to type.
As he left the cottage, he made the calls, silenced the incoming picture message maybe even threw the knife and keys – I don't know. Later on that night he hooked up with his buddies and went out on the town. Since then he keeps reminding everyone that if he only had a phone to call for help, she'd be alive and I don't believe him.

Wow, that is some master, professional criminal to be able to do all that and not leave more traces of himself everywhere. Such as, more footprints from all that walking around (cleaning pants, etc..) Also cleaning himself up in the bathroom would naturally leave traces in the bathroom, blood spatter from the water, etc., etc.. Blood swipes on the counter from his hands. And on and on. Also, he would have to not give a care in the world if someone happened to unexpectedly come back to the house while he was in there with a dead body. For him to take the time after the murder to do all of that, in the same room and house with a dead body.
Also, he would have to be a professional to be able to concentrate on looking through the phone and calling her bank, all while walking out. Instead of regular criminals who would be scared as sh** that they'll get caught and just want to get the heck out of there as quickly as possible.

I think her mother was truly puzzled, and wanted an explanation, yes. And it's quite possible that in some dark recess of her mind, she had some fear and doubt, and was trying to get her daughter to dispel these (which she didn't seem to).

I'm pretty sure that her mother was perplexed by something that Knox said during that first phone call. I think that the mother also had some doubts regarding Knox's innocence. I also think that she was still trying to figure out what to do, so when Knox told her mother that she lied about Patrick, the mother did not report that to investigators. Instead, she completely kept it to herself.

When she was asked, during trial, why she kept it to herself, she said that she couldn't tell anyone that her daughter lied about Patrick because she didn't speak Italian. That is simply not an acceptable answer. Clearly she was able to get around, book a hotel, eat and visit her daughter in prison without speaking Italian, so that is not an acceptable reason for not communicating crucial information related to a murder investigation.

What Knox's parents did after getting a better idea of the situation in Perugia is hire a PR firm.

Wow, that is some master, professional criminal to be able to do all that and not leave more traces of himself everywhere. Such as, more footprints from all that walking around (cleaning pants, etc..) Also cleaning himself up in the bathroom would naturally leave traces in the bathroom, blood spatter from the water, etc., etc.. Blood swipes on the counter from his hands. And on and on. Also, he would have to not give a care in the world if someone happened to unexpectedly come back to the house while he was in there with a dead body. For him to take the time after the murder to do all of that, in the same room and house with a dead body.
Also, he would have to be a professional to be able to concentrate on looking through the phone and calling her bank, all while walking out. Instead of regular criminals who would be scared as sh** that they'll get caught and just want to get the heck out of there as quickly as possible.

I'm with you on the time frame. I just think there's no way even if we put the 10:13 phone interaction at the phones being thrown. I mean that would be a 9pm attack and say it lasted 15mins at the most, he then stuck around the house from 9:15 until 10pm? 45mins is a long time to stick around not knowing when someone could walk in on you.

Does the booze bender refer to the party where Knox was fined for guests throwing rocks at cars? Did her book flop? I don't really understand most of the points.

Did Sollecito have a crazed rant? If so when? Why does a salesman like Curt need hatchet men? What are "hatchet men"?

as expected, the point of my post was completely missed.

And RG didn't fight them.

So naturally they will have to give some incentive to the person to "not fight them."

this is incorrect. RG most certainly did "fight them"...

appeal 1 @ appellate judge borsini
appeal 2 @ scc judge giorano

and since he lost, he was ordered to pay costs involved in bringing his appeals forward... from giordano:

[The Court] rejects the appeal and orders the petitioner to pay the legal costs, as well as to reimburse the costs incurred in this proceeding by civil parties in the liquidated sum of 10,000 euro, including fees, and other incidentals as per law.

Decided in Rome on December 16, 2010.

docs can be found on IIP, or other sites.

Appeals are automatic. As with AK/RS they are not fully-convicted until all three 'trials'.

So... aa's point was correct regarding the fast-track version's incentive.

as expected, the point of my post was completely missed.

I didn't understand several of the points. Was it tongue in cheek making fun of people that respect the decisions of the Italian courts? I just didn't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57