Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes no sense that Rudy would take the phones to prevent Meredith from calling for help. Had be been the lone wolf then he clearly knew she was dead when he left because she was covered with a duvet.

He did not take them to sell for money clearly because they were thrown away.

The plausible reason anyone had to take the phones IMO was to prevent them being heard ringing behind the door, so as not to pre maturely discover the scene. Otherwise the "I called Meredith" excuse doesn't work. Had they been ringing behind the door and no answer from Meredith, there would be no excuse to not call the police immediately.

Yes.

ETA: There was a theory that Guede stole the phones to sell them for cash, but became frightened when they started ringing, and flung them into the ravine.

re Knox and Sollecito: The only question is, why not turn them off, so that they could say it went right to voicemail? (and no ringing would be heard). anyone cover this?

Yes.

ETA: There was a theory that Guede stole the phones to sell them for cash, but became frightened when they started ringing, and flung them into the ravine.

re Knox and Sollecito: The only question is, why not turn them off, so that they could say it went right to voicemail? (and no ringing would be heard). anyone cover this?

So he was running past the ravine when they rang around midnight?

So he was running past the ravine when they rang around midnight?
Ha, the theory said he was headed for a well-known stream near the ravine, to wash the blood off. ;) who knows? But do you have any suggestions as to why Knox and Sollecito did not simply turn the victim's phones off?

Taking the cell phones would also fit in with trying to stage a break-in right? To make it look like a burglar took something.

In the Lone Wolf argument, Rudy was viewed as disposing of the phones (after locking the bedroom door and leaving) because he didn't want the victim, if still alive, to be able to phone 112 for help (awful, I know :( ) Not sure if this makes any sense in relation to where the phones were thrown.

ETA:Here is a link to a lone wolf argument article which explains the phones and the ravine:

http://wrongfulconvictionnews.com/the-murder-of-meredith-kercher/

Rudy stole cash and credit cards from Tramontano. Meredith's cash and credit cards were stolen. Rudy stole a cell phone from the law office, and cell phones were stolen from Meredith. At 10pm that night, a call is placed to Meredith's british bank. Out of curiosity, who do you believe made that phone call and why?

Tramontano was found to be unreliable.

Why would RG take the phones... then throw away?

I would think that the bank was on the 'saved list' and the button was hit on accident.
Since there is no way to know who or what was going on at time it is all speculation anyway IMO.

Ha, the theory said he was headed for a well-known stream near the ravine, to wash the blood off. ;) who knows? But do you have any suggestions as to why Knox and Sollecito did not simply turn the victim's phones off?

For one I agree that it adds to the "burglary" and two maybe amanda thought people would question Meredith having her English phone off. Considering it was said she always kept it close and available because her moms poor health.
Maybe they didn't want to touch them in that way and leave them behind.

Rudy stole cash and credit cards from Tramontano. Meredith's cash and credit cards were stolen. Rudy stole a cell phone from the law office, and cell phones were stolen from Meredith. At 10pm that night, a call is placed to Meredith's british bank. Out of curiosity, who do you believe made that phone call and why?

Is your theory that RG was in the house when Meredith arrived at 9pm and he attacked her shortly after?

If that's the case why was he there an hour later?

If that's not the case do you think he waited almost an hour to attack her and was hidden in the house that long? Or did he break in while she was home?

When the bank call was made at 10PMish the phone was still at the cottage, at midnight when it rang it was in the location it was found.

What is your theory for the time lapses here?

Yes, the call to the British bank really would point to a semi-professional thief. I think you can take all the aspects that point to Guede-as-lone-wolf , a,b,c,d and connect the dots and it does make a great deal of sense. The only problem is, after you've done that, you still have to wonder why there is so much suspicious about Knox and Sollecito's behavior.....

Yes, the call to the British bank really would point to a semi-professional thief. I think you can take all the aspects that point to Guede-as-lone-wolf , a,b,c,d and connect the dots and it does make a great deal of sense. The only problem is, after you've done that, you still have to wonder why there is so much suspicious about Knox and Sollecito's behavior.....

Really because it was in her phone book as "abbey"

Is it not also plausible it was Meredith who made that call on accident.
My name starts with an A, so I am the first one in lots of people's contacts. I get those accidental call ALL the time.

For one I agree that it adds to the "burglary" and two maybe amanda thought people would question Meredith having her English phone off. Considering it was said she always kept it close and available because her moms poor health.
Maybe they didn't want to touch them in that way and leave them behind.
Good points!
I assume the phones were wiped clean, as I never heard anything about prints of RG, RS or AK being on them.

Really because it was in her phone book as "abbey"

Is it not also plausible it was Meredith who made that call on accident.
My name starts with an A, so I am the first one in lots of people's contacts. I get those accidental call ALL the time.
Yes, the Abbey bank of London....now that does make some sense. The call may have been automatic. She likely had it on speed dial and the call may not have been intentional....

Dang it Comodi... you didn't even need the expensive video to convict the two killers.

It was expensive and things are tough everywhere... but it did contribute (I guess) to them being convicted.

Comodi is not alone in this and it's a bigger deal than that.... the video was never made available to the defense and the court has no record of it because the prosecution never added it to the case file.
In other words, this video was slipped into the first trial to influence jurors and then quietly disappeared. You even agree it helped secure a conviction. On top of that, prosecutors claim they were financially unable to record the interrogations.
The city of Perugia doesn’t think they should be responsible for this expense.

Is your theory that RG was in the house when Meredith arrived at 9pm and he attacked her shortly after?

If that's the case why was he there an hour later?

If that's not the case do you think he waited almost an hour to attack her and was hidden in the house that long? Or did he break in while she was home?

When the bank call was made at 10PMish the phone was still at the cottage, at midnight when it rang it was in the location it was found.

What is your theory for the time lapses here?
So it pinged at the cottage.....that dispels the theory that he called the bank while out with the phones, and prior to becoming frightened by their ringing, and disposing of them....

On the CNN show, Anne Bremmner said she thought RG was given a deal by the Prosecutor because of the decreased sentence. :banghead:

From that, we know that Anne Bremner has no understanding of the Italian justice system. She should do her homework, or stay out of it.

And I might add to that, why did her mom even bring up that phone call with Amanda? There must have been something she was confused about regarding either the content or the timing of that phone call. Why else would she bring it up? She must have been going over all the events in her own mind, trying to figure out what happened, why, etc.. There must have been something about that phone call which confused her in light of everything she came to find out later, and that's why she seeked clarification. MOO.

That's exactly why the prosecution was even more interested in that phone call. On the surface, it looks like the mother received the phone call on Friday morning, and was immediately thinking about going to Perugia. By Monday, Seattle time, the mother was in Perugia. One of the first questions that she had for Knox was: why did she make the phone call before anything had happened?

I don't find it odd. Do I think it's right (his short sentence), no. But I don't think it's odd given that the basic premise for the fast track seems to be, "don't fight us." And RG didn't fight them. Whereas Amanda and RS have dragged this out for years and years (not saying that's wrong, that's their rights).

So naturally they will have to give some incentive to the person to "not fight them."

In Italy, there are no plea deals. However, if a defendant is prepared to accept some responsibility for the criminal act, and chooses the Fast Track Trial option, then after the sentence is given it is automatically reduced by one third. Guede made this choice. Knox and Sollecito could have made that choice as well, but they would have had to accept some responsibility for the murder.

That's exactly why the prosecution was even more interested in that phone call. On the surface, it looks like the mother received the phone call on Friday morning, and was immediately thinking about going to Perugia. By Monday, Seattle time, the mother was in Perugia. One of the first questions that she had for Knox was: why did she make the phone call before anything had happened?

see transcript of Edda and Amanda, recorded jail conversation, about the first call:

http://themurderofmeredithkercher.c...ievable?#Amanda_Knox.27s_Pre-Dawn_Call_To_Mom

That's two theories about him washing after the murder before returning home. Either he had a shower and/or washed his jeans in the small bathroom, or he ran to a stream and washed off there. According to Guede, he returned to his apartment and cleaned up.

To add to the phones...what use did RG have in taking them if Meredith was dead when he leftand he was the lone wolf? What was his reason for taking them and throwing them away?

Yes, I have always wondered about the phones. There was no reason for RG to take them, and taking them was actually more risk for him as his prints and blood would be on them if they were found! And.....if he would have taken them....he surely would have kept them to use himself (after taking the SIM out), or sold them. Seeing as someone posted on here that he had committed a previous robbery for 5 euros.

So, why would he throw away the phones, this person who apparently liked to collect anything he could find from a burglary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen