Amscott, the car & the garbage dumpster revisited

Do you think some evidence, etc. was put in the Amscot dumpster?

• Yes

Votes: 348 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 134 27.8%

• Total voters
I agree and she wouldn't have been noticed as much, especially if she did it at night.

Good point. She would look like a tenant who is just disposing of her trash - it really hurts to type that. :(

Good point. She would look like a tenant who is just disposing of her trash - it really hurts to type that. :(
And it's a large complex so nobody would notice. I'm also thinking it's possible she could've done it the night before the garbage trucks came to pick up.

I actually listened to the entire 10 min. call on YouTube. I thought is was very disturbing. Lee's girlfriend said that if something happens to Caylee she'll just die. And Casey was all like, oh stop it, type of attitude. It was quite disgusting IMO.
I think Christine is CA girlfriend not her brothers girlfrined...and IMO I think she was able to handle Casey better than her parents and brother....now she probably sees the real Casey

I doubt they do either. Also, what time of day did she leave the car there ~ was Amscot open? If so, did anybody there see the car being pushed into their parking lot?

I thought it was kind of a wierd way to "push a car into a lot"...perfectly placed, straight back up in a parking spot? I think this is another of casey's fabrications.

but I also think she dumped *something* into that dumpster....how much did Caylee weigh...30 lbs? I theorized she exchanged her body for a bag of garbage to cover the smell in the trunk...jmho

I dont think so. I think she just abandoned the car there.

Yes, Christina was Casey's friend, not Lee's girlfriend (her name is Mallory). Christina seemed suspicious of Casey in that phone call. She asked her if she was telling the 'whole truth', she asked her if Tony knew something about Caylee, and she got emotional when she started realizing that something bad may have happened to Caylee. Christina and Mr. G. from Geraldo's show last night are the only people I have seen who have actually shed tears over this missing little girl.

I don't believe the story about the 2 guys either. They would have come forward by now and told LE that they pushed her car. Another one of Casey's lies.

I didn't know who the girl was on the phone call, but I know I haven't heard from her since.

That whole call was haunting - and the media didn't release it all on their reports.

This whole thing with the car is probably worth more than I originally thought. I thought the car just ran out of gas there, or she left it because she owed them money. Now, seeing which space it was parked in, I'm wondering if there was more to it. I can't really wrap my brain around the possibility that she put Caylee in the dumpster - just can't stand the thought. Maybe she disposed of her and then took the car there to leave it because it smelled. She may have thought someone would steal the car, and then she'd have another theory she could tell. Or, she may have thought that by backing it in, no one would notice the smell and it would eventually go away.

The girl on the phone call home from jail was Christine. She's a friend of Casey's and not Lee's girlfriend. As far as I know, Christine hasn't been heard from since that phone call. The gal that was on NG a few times defending Casey, was someone else. She's a former neighbor, who at one time lived in the Anthony's neighborhood. She too has disappeared, although I thought she might be the blond woman who was with Cindy at the door on Friday night when Casey was re-arrested.

Also Cindy said the car didn't smell when it was first towed. I immediately thought that if the car was towed shortly after the body was removed from the trunk, it probably didn't smell. But after sitting in the hot sun, closed up, the fluids deteriorated further and the smell would then permeate the car.

I wouldn't believe much that Cindy says either. According to the documents, the guy that towed it had a cold and stated he couldn't smell ANYTHING... So I would guess it did smell. She may have left the car there by the dumpster to cover up the smell in the car. It's likely she left the car there due to the bad smell, or as a part of the idea she was leaving town and wanted to make it look like something happened to both of them, thus leaving the purse as well.

I think the reason she left the car by the dumpster is because of the smell. Anyone in the area would assume the odor was coming from the dumpster. As someone else said she probably left it running until it just ran out of gas. And I also agree with those that think she was hoping the car would be stolen.

If a criminal disposes of a body in the dumpster next to their abandoned car, I would nominate them for one of those "Stupidest Criminals" awards.

My nomination for Second Place for this award would go to the criminal who would borrow a shovel from the neighbor to bury a body.

:eek:

If a criminal disposes of a body in the dumpster next to their abandoned car, I would nominate them for one of those "Stupidest Criminals" awards.

My nomination for Second Place for this award would go to the criminal who would borrow a shovel from the neighbor to bury a body.

:eek:

She can hang that award in her jail cell alongside the Mother of the Year award.

Image from maps.google.com of 7501 E Colonial Dr., Orlando, along with my arrows as per the 400 page document description, page 317

amscott.jpg

I have long thought Casey probably put Caylee in the dumpster. But if that were the case, she would have likely needed help as the dumpster was fenced in and (assumed) locked.

I thought I read somewhere her car was backed in. Can anyone verify that for me?

Car towed - 6/30/08
Car picked up by George & Cindy - 7/15/08

Why the long wait to pickup the car from the tow yard? Were Cindy & George on vacation? I can't remember. Even the tow person said he thought it odd the car was there for several weeks.

I don't think she would put a dead body in a dumpster and then stay parked next to it for days. If she did, she would stand the chance that the office that uses the dumpster would see or smell the body and link the body with the car that had been dumped there. She probably just didn't want to leave her car in a busy parking lot, so she thought her car would be less obvious if parked in an unpopular place - next to a dumpster.

I dunno but...

I've always felt that LE knows a lot more about the abandoned car, dumpster, and Amscot than was in the 400 pages released.

It's the straightest line to solving this case.

Dump body. Abandon car. Hope someone steals car. Figure out what to tell TonE et. al about car later. Incredibly risky to leave car where you left body. But ... why assume rational thought was going on?

There must be a way LE can trace dumpster garbage. I would imagine they've done this - but came up with nothing.

Do we even know what she told TonE about the car? I think we only know that Amy knew Casey's care was out of commission - and Casey needed to use her car...

Maybe what Casey did do isn't so complicated. It's just the stories she spins that throw everyone off the obvious.

Just thinking outside the web a bit...

Hey, thanks for starting this thread because the Amscot/Dumpster/Abandoned Car thing has been bugging me too.

Newbie here. I'd visited this site from time to time in the past, and I've been browsing around here since around the time this case broke, but never posted.

Anyway, quick question: What is the generally accepted theory (if there is one) as to why Casey abandoned this car at all? Obviously it did not break down, that's been pretty well established. If it was out of gas, why wouldn't she just get gas and come back and drive away like anyone would under "normal" circumstances? I'd think she'd want to go to a car wash and try to get rid of that smell. It appears that she never intended to come back for the car, so that brings me to my question.

Most people believe that Casey abandoned this car because...______________

Anyway, quick question: What is the generally accepted theory (if there is one) as to why Casey abandoned this car

Most people believe that Casey abandoned this car because...______________

It smelled like Caylee's dead body, it's not her car and she has no respect for her parent's stuff, and she hoped someone would steal it so she could say a carjacker killed Caylee, or maybe she would skip town and let the folks think someone killed her and Caylee for the car. Then it got towed and she had to use her back-up story: Zanny the nanny stole her baby Caylee.

Those are just my thoughts. I'm sure there are plenty of other theories as well.

Susan

It smelled like Caylee's dead body, it's not her car and she has no respect for her parent's stuff, and she hoped someone would steal it so she could say a carjacker killed Caylee, or maybe she would skip town and let the folks think someone killed her and Caylee for the car. Then it got towed and she had to use her back-up story: Zanny the nanny stole her baby Caylee.

Those are just my thoughts. I'm sure there are plenty of other theories as well.

Susan

I agree!

You would think, as high profiled as this case is, that IF there were two guys who helped Casey they would have came forward?
Was there document stating that the car was indeed out of gas?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My theory:

1. The child died at home by accidental drowning.

2. The mother freaked out and hid the body in the trunk of her car.

3. Then the mother borrowed the shovel with plans to bury the child.

4. The mother found that when she opened the trunk to dispose of the body the trunk smelled very bad.

5. The mother then threw the naked body of the child into the water near the airport and then the body was eaten by

an Alligator (so the body will never be found).

6. The mother did this after remembering hearing her father tell stories of murder victims being disposed of in this manner.

(dead bodies being feed to alligators to destroy the evidence)..(He is a retired cop)

7. The mother then threw the clothing and back packs (that by then smelled of death) into a dumpster at a store.

8. The car by that time reeked of death and knowing this the mother was fearful of her parents or her boyfriend smelling the

death so she ditched the car close to her boyfriends house under the guise of a breakdown and called him for a ride and just

went on with her life as if nothing had happened.

9. She then began to lie to her mother and boyfriend about the child's were abouts until the car was retrieved by her

parents who then notified LE about the smell of death in the car and the missing child.

okok

I thought it was kind of a wierd way to "push a car into a lot"...perfectly placed, straight back up in a parking spot? I think this is another of casey's fabrications.

but I also think she dumped *something* into that dumpster....how much did Caylee weigh...30 lbs? I theorized she exchanged her body for a bag of garbage to cover the smell in the trunk...jmho

I'm trying to upload Doc 2, so I can't get exactly where it is, but somewhere before pg 58 they report the tow truck driver says the car was facing the curb.
Lanie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back