Amscott, the car & the garbage dumpster revisited

Do you think some evidence, etc. was put in the Amscot dumpster?

• Yes

Votes: 348 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 134 27.8%

• Total voters
IIRC, George couldn't drive it off the lot, without going to get gas in the gas can and filling the tank there on the impound lot. That was in the documents. Poor George and his damned gas cans.

I don't recall if we know for sure now that it was Casey's purse in that car? And if the keys were left in it as well? I think I might have to go back and read the inventory of items found in the car. My brain's full and I really can't remember.

Image from maps.google.com of 7501 E Colonial Dr., Orlando, along with my arrows as per the 400 page document description, page 317
Car towed - 6/30/08
Car picked up by George & Cindy - 7/15/08

Why the long wait to pickup the car from the tow yard? Were Cindy & George on vacation? I can't remember. Even the tow person said he thought it odd the car was there for several weeks.

Hi TabbyKiki,

I've often wondered that also.
I just got here and haven't read the previous posts so my thought might have already been stated....my apologies if this is a repeat.

I think the Anthony's received notice long before Cindy found a second, possibly third notice on her door.
I think Casey had come to the home while the Grandparents were away and went through the mail, possibly seeing the letter from the tow company and removed that letter.

Maybe even went back again and saw a second letter days or a week later in the mailbox and removed it also.

When Cindy and George found the letter on their door it could have possibly been a final attempt to contact them by the tow company being as the tow company made previous attempts and got no communication from the Anthonys.

Who knows at this point *sigh*

I thought it was kind of a wierd way to "push a car into a lot"...perfectly placed, straight back up in a parking spot? I think this is another of casey's fabrications.

but I also think she dumped *something* into that dumpster....how much did Caylee weigh...30 lbs? I theorized she exchanged her body for a bag of garbage to cover the smell in the trunk...jmho

I did just did a street view google map of the Amscot. It shows the dumpter with it's gates open with trash all around the outside.

Hope LE check the contents of that trash bag for prints, I too think she got it from somewhere that was in the open, thus the reason for the flies and maggots. The 2 test local news did on pizza left in a trunk did not result in any maggots or flies.

I too read somewhere that it was pulled in straight and the Amscot worker stated it wasn't there the day before but was there when she arrived to work at 7AM.

Wonder too if it was really pushed there. No one has stepped forward that we know of that claims to have done it and if they were pushing from the rear of the car I think they would have noticed a smell.

I have long thought Casey probably put Caylee in the dumpster. But if that were the case, she would have likely needed help as the dumpster was fenced in and (assumed) locked.

Wow! I never realized how close the car was to the dumpster.

Just because it's fenced in doesn't mean it's locked... the fence might only be there for cosmetic purposes.

LE would know if Casey could gain access to the dumpster.

And yet, we haven't seen or heard any talk about searching the landfills, so perhaps they have reason to believe she disposed of the body in a location other than a dumpster?

Lifting a child Caylee's weight up & into a dumpster is probably no easy feat.... I wonder if Casey is strong enough?

I still feel she'd be more likely to go to a place she's comfortable at.... and where IF someone sees her, they wouldn't stop & ask her what she's doing there..... she definitely would NOT want to get caught disposing of Caylee's body...... Blanchard Park?

That's why I'm not so high on the airport as a dump sight.... if you're spotted, it's hard to explain WHY you're wandering in the wooded areas in an Int'l Airport which is a high security zone most likely. Too much of a gamble.

I believe Casey ditched the car next to the dumpster because it smelled like death sorry to even have to say that it's so sad. She hoped people would think the odor was from the dumpster and not her car. And that hopefully someone would steal the car. She would come up with a story that she was kidnapped and the kidnappers killed Caylee. Her plan backfired when the car was towed and her parents got it back from the tow yard. This is why she came up with the ZG nanny story among lie after lie.

Hi TabbyKiki,

I've often wondered that also.
I just got here and haven't read the previous posts so my thought might have already been stated....my apologies if this is a repeat.

I think the Anthony's received notice long before Cindy found a second, possibly third notice on her door.
I think Casey had come to the home while the Grandparents were away and went through the mail, possibly seeing the letter from the tow company and removed that letter.

Maybe even went back again and saw a second letter days or a week later in the mailbox and removed it also.

When Cindy and George found the letter on their door it could have possibly been a final attempt to contact them by the tow company being as the tow company made previous attempts and got no communication from the Anthonys.

Who knows at this point *sigh*
I was just relistening to the first bond hearing again today.

In it Cindy states that they recieved noticed of a registered letter that needed to be picked on the 11th but did not get down to the PO to collect it until the 15th.

I actually listened to the entire 10 min. call on YouTube. I thought is was very disturbing. Lee's girlfriend said that if something happens to Caylee she'll just die. And Casey was all like, oh stop it, type of attitude. It was quite disgusting IMO.

Actually, when Christina said that if anything has happened to Caylee, she'll just die, Casey's exact response was, "Oh, well."

I believe Casey ditched the car next to the dumpster because it smelled like death sorry to even have to say that it's so sad. She hoped people would think the odor was from the dumpster and not her car. And that hopefully someone would steal the car. She would come up with a story that she was kidnapped and the kidnappers killed Caylee. Her plan backfired when the car was towed and her parents got it back from the tow yard. This is why she came up with the ZG nanny story among lie after lie.

Exactly what I have stated before, the dumpsters here in FL really smell this time of the year with all the rain and heat. Think that is why it was placed there to begin with.

I also think that is why the tow driver that picked up the car didn't pay too much attention to the smell. He stated he had had a cold and couldn't smell very well, with the car next to the dumpster he prolly thought nothing about it.

It smelled like Caylee's dead body, it's not her car and she has no respect for her parent's stuff, and she hoped someone would steal it so she could say a carjacker killed Caylee, or maybe she would skip town and let the folks think someone killed her and Caylee for the car. Then it got towed and she had to use her back-up story: Zanny the nanny stole her baby Caylee.

Those are just my thoughts. I'm sure there are plenty of other theories as well.

Susan

Well, I do realize she has no respect for her parents or their stuff. The thing that has me somewhat baffled is this: so often in cases where someone has had a body in the car, you hear that they tried to clean the damning evidence up. They take the car to the car wash, they clean it inside and out, etc. Granted, they're rarely successful at getting all the trace evidence, but it does seem like there's usually an attempt to clean it up.

Casey, on the other hand, seems to have just walked away from the car and left it filled with evidence, with no attempt whatsoever to clean it up. I don't understand that. Even as utterly illogical as she is, that seems like a ridiculous thing to do. I can make no sense of it. Maybe she IS just that dumb, but I'd think that if she were truly stupid like that, she'd just have kept the "damn car" and cleaned it up and kept driving it. Why abandon it unless you are trying to hide something, but if you ARE trying to hide something, why leave the car in that condition? So confusing.

It's a good theory that she hoped it would be stolen, but that would make more sense to me if she'd left it unlocked with the keys inside. I haven't seen any information that she did that. Just leaving it in a parking lot doesn't naturally lead to its being stolen. A tow was fairly predictable.

I am wondering if SHE planned to report the car stolen, so that when it was discovered in that parking lot she'd be able to point to the thief as the killer of her daughter. Maybe she thought she could pull that off, and then found out she couldn't report it stolen because she wasn't the titled owner.

Just a thought.

It's a good theory that she hoped it would be stolen, but that would make more sense to me if she'd left it unlocked with the keys inside. I haven't seen any information that she did that. Just leaving it in a parking lot doesn't naturally lead to its being stolen. A tow was fairly predictable.

I am wondering if SHE planned to report the car stolen, so that when it was discovered in that parking lot she'd be able to point to the thief as the killer of her daughter. Maybe she thought she could pull that off, and then found out she couldn't report it stolen because she wasn't the titled owner.

Just a thought.

Well I know for a fact she left her purse in the car... Why in the heck would she do that? And I believe the keys were in the ignition. Some on this thread think she may have left the car running to use up the gas.

I think she left the car there primarily to make it look like she and Caylee were "gone" or "kidnapped" and/or hoped that the car would be stolen.

Has it ever been listed what the gas gauge read when the car was picked up, someone (George, someone) knows if the car was EVEN out of gas?! Would that be something a tow company would log w/mileage etc??

IIRC i read somewhere that a couple of guys helped her push it in the parking lot when it ran out of gas. why go to the bother to push it so it was backed in??? Wouldn't that be a lot of turning a "dead weight" car?

I've often wondered if Casey was in a blackout when Caylee was "disposed" (sorry, that just sounds awful) of. Alot of times the gates to dumpsters are shut, but not locked.

Casey said that a couple of guys helped her push it into the parking lot. I doubt that there were really any guys who pushed the car; that's why the car was backed in, perfectly, I might add.

I don't think it ran out of gas at all. I think she sat in it with it running until it ran out of gas. And I think she did that so the car would not be stolen.

I also think that early on her initial purpose for stealing the gas cans was so she could torch the car. As ya'll know, a lot of murderers torch cars and houses to hide their crime.

If Caylee was placed in one of the dumpsters, that will never be known unless the cops do a search of the dump. I know that garbage dumps have a schedule and a grid that they use in which certain trucks on certain days dump in certain spots of the yard. Bodies have actually been found months later by doing grid searches of dumps.

Well I know for a fact she left her purse in the car... Why in the heck would she do that? And I believe the keys were in the ignition. Some on this thread think she may have left the car running to use up the gas.

I think she left the car there primarily to make it look like she and Caylee were "gone" or "kidnapped" and/or hoped that the car would be stolen.

If she did leave her purse and the keys in the car, then yes, I would lean more toward her hoping it would be stolen.

I am still chewing on the idea, though, that perhaps she planned to report it stolen herself. Pull a Susan Smith, so to speak... "Someone stole my car with the baby in it!" Maybe. Or maybe not. I'm still thinkin'...

I have thought all along that she was originally doing it as a set up w/plans to say it was stolen, reason for purse etc.. Something must have happened along the way that screwed up her story for her.. Wasnt that ck cashing place, probably cashing one of Amy's ck's while there.. Uggggg, hope Tony is talking to LE..

I don't think Casey put anything in that dumpster. I think she wore jogging clothes since she told Tony she was going jogging and that it was really early in the morning since the Amscot woman said it was there when she opened at 7:00 am. Caylee would have been moved from another location and very decomposed, so I do not believe Casey would have risked putting her in a dumpster. Tony and cell phone pings should be able to give a timeline of how long Casey was gone that morning and if she had driven the car from the 24th to the 27th at all.

Has it ever been listed what the gas gauge read when the car was picked up, someone (George, someone) knows if the car was EVEN out of gas?! Would that be something a tow company would log w/mileage etc??

It read as empty as per the 400 documents. George then went and got a gas can out of his trunk and put gas in it and drove it away.

Wow! I never realized how close the car was to the dumpster.

Just because it's fenced in doesn't mean it's locked... the fence might only be there for cosmetic purposes.

LE would know if Casey could gain access to the dumpster.

And yet, we haven't seen or heard any talk about searching the landfills, so perhaps they have reason to believe she disposed of the body in a location other than a dumpster?

Lifting a child Caylee's weight up & into a dumpster is probably no easy feat.... I wonder if Casey is strong enough?

I still feel she'd be more likely to go to a place she's comfortable at.... and where IF someone sees her, they wouldn't stop & ask her what she's doing there..... she definitely would NOT want to get caught disposing of Caylee's body...... Blanchard Park?

That's why I'm not so high on the airport as a dump sight.... if you're spotted, it's hard to explain WHY you're wandering in the wooded areas in an Int'l Airport which is a high security zone most likely. Too much of a gamble.

After looking at the map of where the car was parked I also believe she chose that spot in the hopes that the dumpster would mask the smell of the car. I mean if the car smelled that bad even weeks later she had that child in the car for a few days, I have seen many dead bodies..in fact I have watched people die right before my very eyes and trust me there is no real noticible smell even as long as 24 hours after death.

So I figure by the time caylee started to smell and possibly start to show signs of insect activity she would have been getting rid of her in a hurry...I don't see any burying or anything respectful at all, she chose some place that was quick and permanent...maybe not necessarily that dumpster...too close to the car....but another dumpster or a body of water something easy and accessible..because she is also lazy.

IMO, I believe the timeframe for disposal of the body is more like between the 20-24th, and even after that she realized that the car still smelled so bad and that it wasn't going away despite her disposal of Caylee and that's why she ultimately found a spot that was sort of out of the view of the general public, police happenstance and also provided cover for the smell. I don't think she genuinely wanted to get rid of the car, that was a choice born out of the odor that wouldn't go away. In fact maybe she was going to go back to the car at some point hoping that it had stopped smelling...but that woman from the check cashing place was just to darn observant. Ahh divine intervention if you ask me....

Oh my gosh..... so simple & so logical.

As far as not cleaning the evidence.... maybe she never really NOTICED the evidence....

IF a dirty car is 'normal' for her, she'd think nothing of removing the bag of old pizza & might never have even noticed the stain or hair if it was under the bag.

Once she had disposed of the body AND then left the car to be stolen, she was finally finished with all of the unpleasant business & was ready for Tony to pick her up so she could chill out with her friends.

Can anyone point me to where, specifically, it's been stated that her car and/or keys were left in the car?

I don't think she genuinely wanted to get rid of the car, that was a choice born out of the odor that wouldn't go away. In fact maybe she was going to go back to the car at some point hoping that it had stopped smelling....

Oh that's real good thinking!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back