An arrest has been made!

I think you are right. My mind has been flipping from one motive to another this morning. I sure wonder what we will eventually find out about Melissa --and her family. Maybe she is the only bad apple but the whole tree might be rotten.

Hi Columbo, I'm not sure yet, but I think the family had to know that this girl was half crazy. When she drugged Sandra last year, they had to at least suspect she had serious problems. You just dont live with someone, especially a granddaughter, without knowing, or suspecting if they are a pedophile. Could be she has always been molested by another family member. Children who are molested their entire childhood, sometimes grow up to molest other childrem. So sad. This may be a family of molesters.

Nonni :eek:

Awesome! They concluded the PC with everyone clapping for Sgt. Tony Sheneman!!

BRAVO!! JOB WELL DONE,
TPD!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Can someone repeat what was said at the press conference. I missed it. Thanks

Yes!

He just now said in the press conference too that FBI profiling is very interested in interviewing her because it is such an anomaly. That very specifically points to murder and planned and all.

I wonder what the original profile of the kidnapper was? :waitasec:

Here you go, NJ:

Thanks for the link to that interview SS but I never hear her talk about the drugging incident from last year. Can you tell me what she says? Thanks.

IIRC they identified her immediately due to the clothes..

But I don't think they said whether or not she was "DRESSED" in the clothes. she was id'd BY the clothes she was wearing when she disappeared.

Again, only my recollection. But I remember thinking it was interesting that he didn't specifically say/confirm that she was dressed.

Can someone repeat what was said at the press conference. I missed it. Thanks

I did gather from this 10am conference ( yes I made it!) that Melissa is on NO-bail status, and that we may learn more when she is arraigned on Tues. the 14th in Manteca, and that the church is open for Easter services...
Here you go:

I still think since she jumped the gun to cover her a$$, rather than wait to be connected, is because she is covering for others involved. JMO

I agree. She is too adament to get it out that her grandfather didn't own the suitcase, and would never do anything like that. "Me thinks she protestith too much." (Did I get that right?!?"

Maybe, just maybe Sandra's uncle was onto something when he said:
"Man up, or woman up, or whatever. Do the right thing. Turn yourself in."

http://www.ksbw.com/news/19127557/detail.html

Her family members were prolly suspicious considering the rumored OD of Sandra months earlier.

I also noticed in the article Sgt. Sheneman's caution about 'speculating about possible suspects'. I think LE had this perp as a suspect early on but were buliding the case for an arrest.

Hats off the TPD for their tenacious work ethic and professionalism!

Maybe Sandra didn't connect Melissa to her drugging either. It is possible she had no memory of events leading up to her being drugged or if a sexual assault did take place. This would have made it more difficult to pin it back on Melissa as the perp at the time. If TPD found no drugs in their investigation which were consistent with what was found in Sandra's system and Sandra could not point the finger at Melissa as being responsible either...there isn't much they could do legally, imo. They have to have evidence.

I think it is possible she tried to commit suicide, but I don't buy the razor story. Could be bleeding ulcers...but I am thinking more of a drug issue there.

Could having stomach pumped for overdose cause internal bleeding?

I wonder what the original profile of the kidnapper was? :waitasec:

Thanks for the link to that interview SS but I never hear her talk about the drugging incident from last year. Can you tell me what she says? Thanks.
We have a profile thread so it should be there.

I heard it on another site so I haven't listened to that one. Sorry, SD. I will try to find the other link where they discussed it yesterday. It was on a video. I just grabbed the link I put up because it was convenient. ;)

If the story about the previous drugging turns out to be true, I'm stunned anew at the implications. It really raises the pedophilia flag higher, and how would the parents ever allow her out of that house again, really?

My theory:

I wonder if it will come out that MH swore up and down at the time that Sandra got into some Nyquil or her medicine cabinet and "OMG, I'm so sorry; I installed a lock just this second!" or that Sandra started feeling poorly at her house and she gave her some Robitussin or something. I, as a parent, would be very upset if a non-parent/grandparent gave my child medicine of any kind, but maybe Sandra's family felt like it was dealt with and charges wouldn't be pressed.

Turns out the drugging would prove to be very intentional, and it was done again, this time with fatal consequences. I think Sandra was unconscious, but alive, when she was placed in the suitcase, but soon suffocated because of the waterproof lining. She first took her to the church and was going to bury the suitcase in the crawl space, but determined she didn't have enough room to make that effort. So, the rentention pond was an afterthoughht. Disorganized crime and all.

I'm thinking molestation was the motive, but maybe it never happened. Things went awry.

So sad.

I wonder if maybe her family had forbidden her to go to the Lawless', but she went anyway. And maybe that's why the 11 year old sister showed up looking for her.

Just a thought...

We have a profile thread so it should be there.

I heard it on another site so I haven't listened to that one. Sorry, SD. I will try to find the other link where they discussed it yesterday. It was on a video. I just grabbed the link I put up because it was convenient. ;)

Ten Q. :thumb:

No.... "pumping the stomach" is not pumping... it involves the insertion of a nasogastric tube from nose to stomache and pushing with a syringe, activated charcoal thru it that binds with the active metabolites of the drug. The patients than pukes and otherwise eleminates the charcoal.

Steely Dan, the phone interview with her was on cbs13 hold on while I find it for you

http://cbs13.com/sandracantu
in video box to your right... it is the third video over titled, "raw interview with suspect in Cantu murder"
note... the interview cuts off just as they get into the juicy part...but you get the 'just' of it

And here I thought this might be a slow news day, so I was getting ready for Easter and then sat down at the computer and saw this news! :eek:

I've got to say I'm very surprised that MH was arrested since I totally expected it to be one of the RSO's in the area. And to think this woman was a Sunday school teacher, the pastor's granddaughter and has a little girl of her own. I'm just appalled! :furious:

No.... "pumping the stomach" is not pumping... it involves the insertion of a nasogastric tube from nose to stomache and pushing with a syringe, activated charcoal thru it that binds with the active metabolites of the drug. The patients than pukes and otherwise eleminates the charcoal.

I had a gastric bypass and was told that if I ever needed my stomach pumped (for some reason) it could cause internal bleeding. Would there be any other reasons pumping her stomach could have caused internal bleeding?

Awesome! They concluded the PC with everyone clapping for Sgt. Tony Sheneman!!

BRAVO!! JOB WELL DONE,
TPD!!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:​

Now the question is... How do we get these guys to Florida????????

http://cbs13.com/sandracantu
in video box to your right... it is the third video over titled, "raw interview with suspect in Cantu murder"
note... the interview cuts off just as they get into the juicy part...but you get the 'just' of it

Thanks, that what I was wondering because I've heard that interview before but you don't hear about the drugging. Why would they cut off the video at that point? Seems ridiculous. :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back