another comment from the chicks....

Bobbisangel said:
I totally agree, they have a right to freedom of speech and they have to take the consequences of that free speech right along with it. That is the way it works. I don't think the country radio stations not playing their music has anything to do with our President and what the chicks said. I think it has to do with the chicks remarks about country music fans and them only wanting a small group of fans who listen only to their musicc...and about them not wanting Toby Keith or Reba McIntyre on the same CD player as them. If they had come back after 3 years and just sang their music and kept their mouths shut instead of bringing everything all up again they probably would have been fine. After 3 years who cared what they said in England...most probably forgot about it and them.

As far as Toby Keith wanting attention...are you serious!? Toby Keith doesn't need to drum up attention. He owns more businesses then the chicks could ever hope to have....every song he sings becomes a hit and he is well liked by country fans. He isn't hurting in any way for attention. He hasn't even mentioned the chicks since they came back out. They drug him into their fight to begin with by knocking his music.

CW stations were boycotting the DCX before the Time magazine interview appeared with the remark about Toby Keith/Reba McIntyre fans.

I won't buy a ticket or watch it on tv..
On to the next thing.....hehehe

I can't see the purpose for this film. I think we all understand freedom of speech. I really could care less what has happened to the Dixie Chicks because they don't know when to use their freedom of speech and when not to. I know that I won't waste my time watching it. These three girls just don't know when to let something lay.

Bobbi, then I have a ? for you. If you believed in something would you "just let it lay?" I wouldn't. Also when and when isn't it the appropriate time to use freedom of speech? You seem to know when it is appropriate. I always thought as being an american that it was whenever I chose. Hmmm maybe I am wrong, maybe I will learn something from you I previously did not know. But then again I doubt it.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

BAD_BUTTERFLY said:
Bobbi, then I have a ? for you. If you believed in something would you "just let it lay?" I wouldn't. Also when and when isn't it the appropriate time to use freedom of speech? You seem to know when it is appropriate. I always thought as being an american that it was whenever I chose. Hmmm maybe I am wrong, maybe I will learn something from you I previously did not know. But then again I doubt it.

lynie

BAD_BUTTERFLY said:
Well said. I agree.

I saw that last night...they are just incredible. I can't remember who was discussing this...but they asked why are they doing this...their career is in the toilet.

Everyone was shaking their heads. They all agreed that they have every right to say what they want...but their fans are dropping like flies.

Once again, the DCX are only speaking the truth. Bush is what they said.

Lot of people don't like the truth so they don't like the DCX.

Seems pretty clear.

luvbeaches said:
I saw that last night...they are just incredible. I can't remember who was discussing this...but they asked why are they doing this...their career is in the toilet.

Everyone was shaking their heads. They all agreed that they have every right to say what they want...but their fans are dropping like flies.
I know, I mean I agree that they have a right to speak their minds. But I would have thought they would have learned by what happened last time that obviously that was a mistake. I think there is a time and a place for everything.

michelle said:
I know, I mean I agree that they have a right to speak their minds. But I would have thought they would have learned by what happened last time that obviously that was a mistake. I think there is a time and a place for everything.

So is it a problem that they said it, or just that somebody filmed them saying it? This time, they weren't on a stage in England.

Nova said:
So is it a problem that they said it, or just that somebody filmed them saying it? This time, they weren't on a stage in England.
I dont care what they say, they can say whatever they want in the privacy of their own home or wherever it is. But, Obviously these things get out and all I am saying is you would have thought they learned the first time. And isnt this a documentary where they got this clip of Natalie saying Bush is a dumb F#$%...I think she would know people are going to see it and she is going to recieve some crap from it.

michelle said:
I dont care what they say, they can say whatever they want in the privacy of their own home or wherever it is. But, Obviously these things get out and all I am saying is you would have thought they learned the first time. And isnt this a documentary where they got this clip of Natalie saying Bush is a dumb F#$%...I think she would know people are going to see it and she is going to recieve some crap from it.
I'm sure she cannot control the blazing case of Diarrhea of the mouth that she has!

:laugh:
bakerprune64 said:
I'm sure she cannot control the blazing case of Diarrhea of the mouth that she has!
That is apparent.....LOL....I dont know, I guess that is what you call a "gluten for punishment".:confused:

michelle said:
Seeing as the entire documentary is about their initial comment and what happened afterwards, I would say that is the appropriate time and place for that comment. Bush's response to their initial comment was pretty childish and immature IMO. As the President of the U.S, he should have had the class to be the better person and ignore it. He needs to face the fact that not everyone is a fan of the direction he has taken our country.

Masterj said:
He needs to face the fact that not everyone is a fan of the direction he has taken our country.
I agree with that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back