Another New Lawyer for Casey - Dorothy Sims

It appears she has had a fair bit of plastic surgery yes? I have always taken that as a sign of insecurity when it goes that one step too far....JMO.

Maybe she thought this was just a frothy meet and greet? I would have thought someone would have warned her about Kathi!:woohoo:
Bless Kathi B. I had all my fingers and toes crossed when Cheney "opened the door"...and she questioned him about his earlier opinion of Casey's guilt. Someone should replay those interviews...over and over.

I posted on another thread a little while ago about Baez's Law Firm "logo/coat of arms thing" that is behind the receptionists desk.

From the video of the press this AM, you can only see the bottom portion of it, and, to my eys, it looks like a grouping of CIRCUS TENTS.
No kidding - go take a look-see.

How fitting, isn't it~!
How ridiculous as well!!

The Defense mission for Sims seems to be attacking the air sample tests to eliminate them from trial (according to WFTV).

This is consistent with the recent discrediting of YM about the decomposition smell of the car trunk and whether it was human.

Among a million things the Defense must combat, they must distance ICA's car and trunk from anything to do with Caylee's demise to point to SODDI. Good luck with that!

I do think Sims may be dangerous in that she may act 'out of touch' and lull folks into a false sense of security before going for the jugular. As has been already stated, Sims does ruffle the feathers of medical experts testifying so she is effective.

*snipped*

ITA cyberborg. I don't take her lightly. She makes an appearance the day before the Oak Ridge Lab depos - that is no coincidence, imho. If we thought the defense was on a mission to get their hands on the TES docs, we ain't seen nothin' yet. She is going to do everything in her power to keep out the air sample evidence. And, quite frankly, she just might be successful. I am not underestimating her at all, especially her ability to question and/or cross-examine scientists.

*snipped*

ITA cyberborg. I don't take her lightly. She makes an appearance the day before the Oak Ridge Lab depos - that is no coincidence, imho. If we thought the defense was on a mission to get their hands on the TES docs, we ain't seen nothin' yet. She is going to do everything in her power to keep out the air sample evidence. And, quite frankly, she just might be successful. I am not underestimating her at all, especially her ability to question and/or cross-examine scientists.
They're gonna go with the squirrels in the engine, aren't they?

PX00157_91-300x201.jpg

Ms Sims.....

oh man...........air quotes :(

Are you sure this isn't her "Little Bunny Foo Foo" performance? :angel:

The Defense mission for Sims seems to be attacking the air sample tests to eliminate them from trial (according to WFTV).

This is consistent with the recent discrediting of YM about the decomposition smell of the car trunk and whether it was human.

Among a million things the Defense must combat, they must distance ICA's car and trunk from anything to do with Caylee's demise to point to SODDI. Good luck with that!

I do think Sims may be dangerous in that she may act 'out of touch' and lull folks into a false sense of security before going for the jugular.

As has been already stated, Sims does ruffle the feathers of medical experts testifying so she is effective.

I see the not having a TV statement as a ploy to throw up a smoke screen and provide cover, the same way JB plays a lot dumber than he really is.

With all due respect, "they" (the minions) also opinioned that I would have cause to sit up and take notice when the GREAT Andrea Lyon rode into town to turn the KC case on its head....

That pony accomplished nothing but tarnishing her image and :bananalama:

Those same minions then tried to convince the public that the addition of INCOMPARABLE Cheney Mason better make the prosecution stand up and pay attention because he was going to singlehandedly turn this defense around....

But the only thing I am aware of that he has accomplished since joining the defense team is the renewal of his notary stamp (and even the bloggers and media had to point that out to him!)

Time for him to ......... :Bicicleta:

So not so sure the minions are right this time either.....Sims experience is to play this role from the OTHER SIDE....as prosecution witness.....in workmans comp and insurance cases...even she admitted to little experience in the criminal field and thought her little "oopsie" comment when trying to clarify WHO her book was written for was very telling....even SHE is confused as to exactly what she is going to do in this case....

Bet Cheney didn't have to twist too hard.....:dance:

Isn't this the same woman who said she hadn't watched tv in several decades? Okay, I'll give her Britney, but how would she know who Brooke Burke is?

And yes, I find it odd. She didn't strike me as the type to be following either of them. lol:angel:

I don't know, 'Beach.....I can kinda see her dancing around Baez, splayed fingers swinging above her head singing...

"I'm A Slave 4 U......."

Really.....go back and look at photo......can't ya see it?????!!!! :woohoo:

I don't know, 'Beach.....I can kinda see her dancing around Baez, splayed fingers swinging above her head singing...

"I'm A Slave 4 U......."

:laugh: :biglaugh: :rotfl: You're killing me!! :laugh: :biglaugh: :rotfl:

I'm about to have dinner and won't start a separate thread, but Casey's "legal dream team" will be featured on Issues (HLN) this hour.

WHy oh WHY did JB HAVE to do this presser?
Sorry it made all of them look so UNPROFESSIONAL.
and JB is PROUD of this swinging door office???
AND WHY did Ms. Sims feel she NEEDED to tell us she couldn't turn on a TV.
Stopped watching still in black and white???
She Made herself LOOK so BAD!!!

I do think Sims may be dangerous in that she may act 'out of touch' and lull folks into a false sense of security before going for the jugular. As has been already stated, Sims does ruffle the feathers of medical experts testifying so she is effective.

I see the not having a TV statement as a ploy to throw up a smoke screen and provide cover, the same way JB plays a lot dumber than he really is.

I also think the TV comment was a bit disingenuous, as though she's out of touch.She made a point of stating that her writings concerning defense doctors was referring to medical cases,NOT criminal cases,so she IS aware that it's being discussed. She also said that after meeting with the other attorneys she had confidence in them and a heart for this case. If she was told anything about this case she must have been told about the public interest and opinion that ICA is guilty.She said she was surprised when she saw the media attention she was receiving. I'm having a hard time swallowing that.
She seems like a decent person with a focus on new science ,so I will withold opinion for now,but my lie-o-meter started to climb today.

Well cyberborg, you had me up until that last sentence. 'Cause I honestly don't think JB is acting.

I also think the TV comment was a bit disingenuous, as though she's out of touch.She made a point of stating that her writings concerning defense doctors was referring to medical cases,NOT criminal cases,so she IS aware that it's being discussed. She also said that after meeting with the other attorneys she had confidence in them and a heart for this case. If she was told anything about this case she must have been told about the public interest and opinion that ICA is guilty.She said she was surprised when she saw the media attention she was receiving. I'm having a hard time swallowing that.She seems like a decent person with a focus on new science ,so I will withold opinion for now,but my lie-o-meter started to climb today.

BBM - I agree MissJames. If she was indeed surprised by the media, then her new partner neglected to tell her that HE called the press conference.

"I'm A Slave 4 U......."

:laugh: :biglaugh: :rotfl: You're killing me!! :laugh: :biglaugh: :rotfl:

Me too, nums! :rotfl:

Oh Kent! :floorlaugh: That visual image is not gonna leave my psyche anytime soon. hahaha

Oh dear, is everyone supossed to be impressed?

Obviously they can bring to the defense team anyone they choose. What is actually important, are that the facts of the case, which are obviously still the same. A missing daughter who is murdered. A mother who doesnt report her missing. She claims she left her with a baby sitter who doesnt exist. She constantly has refused to co-operate and when she has, she has lied. There has been no remorse from this mother. Her mother said her car smelt of a dead body etc etc etc.... (the list goes on and on and on and on and on)

If I was on the jury, these facts alone would indicate to me that something here is quite wrong.

Lets hope the good people on this jury see thorugh all this crap and the "Dream team high powered - I'm going to be the one to save Casey Anthony and boost my career" lawyers motives.

We all know the real reason they are on board and are doing it for free. It disgusting that people use a potential child killer to boost their credentials.

It also annoys me that this is not about Casey. It's about little Caylee. A little girl that was brutally murdered, for no reason at all.

Well cyberborg, you had me up until that last sentence. 'Cause I honestly don't think JB is acting.

Oh, I agree! JB thinks he is acting and is so clever but he is still learning and playing catch up ... he has made so many mistakes over and over he needs this team to try to pull something out of the hat. HHJP has his feet to the fire and JB? ... he got nada.

Jose Baez on JVM said something like this - "the State gets 200 attorneys in the building to go investigate anything they wish to while the Defense gets slammed for hiring more attorneys". Here we go with JB's new reason to whine and plea for pity so he can break all the rules. Yuck.

Jose is also defending a young mother who got arrested under mistaken idenitity as a prostitute, but spend 36 hrs in jail...now Jose to the rescue. What a silly case for him to take.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back