Anthony A Shore, Death Row, & JonBenet?

UKGuy said:
sandraladeda,

Quite likely its used to insulate cables, or wrap them, but why would he want to telegraph to the world who he worked for e.g. SBTC ?

Yes, good point. And why would he write such a goofy ransom note?

sandraladeda said:
Yes, good point. And why would he write such a goofy ransom note?

Sure and take all that time to do it, which is supposed to be the rationale for writing in the first place e.g. save time duh !

UKGuy said:
Sure and take all that time to do it, which is supposed to be the rationale for writing in the first place e.g. save time duh !
And his MO in his other crimes did not include a RN.....

I wonder if his MO was also to cover each victim's eyes and to bind them tightly with hands behind the back? If so, JonBenet didn't fit that very well.

UKGuy said:
sandraladeda,

Quite likely its used to insulate cables, or wrap them, but why would he want to telegraph to the world who he worked for e.g. SBTC ?

Well, I thought about that, but the bottom line is that it took us
10 years to figure that out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Secondly, after reading the articles, it sounds like he wanted to sort of
give clues.
The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is that he sounds like he pretty much dumped all of the victims' bodies outside and it seems like most serial killers kind of do their own thing repeatedly.

Nehemiah said:
Many of you remember Lighthouse, who posted cryptically here for awhile. Camper, I know that you remember him. Anyway, we all thought that he was on a wild goose chase, but he did say that the *perp* was a former employee of a telephone company. Not trying to sideline here, just remembering that important item and how odd that this guy also worked for a phone company.
That's interesting. I did a search for possible posts by "Lighthouse" with no luck. Does anyone else remember this theory and the details?

thelmadawg said:
That's interesting. I did a search for possible posts by "Lighthouse" with no luck. Does anyone else remember this theory and the details?
I remember the poster, but I don't remember the theory. As I recall, this person wouldn't come right out and state his theory but instead was trying to get others to meet him in person. I didn't follow this particular sideshow!

LinasK said:
Except that the parent company of the now A.T.&T.- based in Texas was Southwestern Bell Corporation, i.e. SBC, not SBTC.

http://www.sbc.com/Common/files/pdf/Heritage11-17.pdf
Hi there: it's kind of academic at this point, but SBC appears to be the holding company with various other iterations currently and in the past.

Southwestern Bell Telephone Company - http://www.sbc.com
530 MCCULLOUGH
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78215 +1 210 8214105
Southwestern Bell Telephone Company a wholly owned subsidiary of SBC Communications Inc. provides landline telecommunicatiions services in Texas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas and Arkansas. . .

ellen13 said:
Well, I thought about that, but the bottom line is that it took us
10 years to figure that out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Secondly, after reading the articles, it sounds like he wanted to sort of
give clues.
The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is that he sounds like he pretty much dumped all of the victims' bodies outside and it seems like most serial killers kind of do their own thing repeatedly.
I agree. Most of his victims were dumped, and those we know about were from his general area. I'm wondering if, because of this particular MO, he saw or read about JB in the Houston area and became fixated. He certainly had the means and the history to stalk and pursue. In one instance (child), and fortunately one who survived, he was in the house and discussed knowing all about her. I'm hoping we can discover enough about him to include or dismiss!

KatherineQ said:
Is this a sample of Shore's handwriting? Where it says "no photo yet" on the drawn graphic? Not sure if that's his handwriting. If it is, it doesn't appear to match the Ramsey ransom note - the "no photo yet" has very straight lines, not the curvy wormy lines in the ransom note.

http://www.todesstrafe-usa.de/death_penalty/voices_tx_shore.htm
Good point-but remember he's an artist, and I think artists could do all sorts
of handwritings.

Nehemiah said:
And, John worked for one of the telephone companies in his early career.
Good point! I wonder if their paths ever crossed! Or, if he found out info about John through the co. Remember, we're dealing with a highly intelligent man who could have a motive (like he followed John's career and was envious of him) or perhaps just a fixation on JB. He also would be inclined to say "use some of that good southern common sense of yours" since he was from the south.
The last thing I find coincidental is that he was an artist and used a paintbrush in his garrote.

I don't believe serial killers need a motive. Picking a victim can just be circumstance, a crossing of paths.

sissi said:
I don't believe serial killers need a motive. Picking a victim can just be circumstance, a crossing of paths.
Right, I don't believe they need a motive, however I'm just
offering an explanation as to the coincidence that they both
worked for the phone co.-that right there seems a little
suspicious.

How could we find out where he lived before Houston, because he didn't move there until 1981.

I tried a keyword search to see if he's been executed, didn't find anything yet. Bumping this up because of the coincidences. His m.o. wasn't always precisely the same, usually no ransom note but what if he had an accomplice, who also maybe worked for SBTC, who wrote it?

San Antonio isn't far from where Lee Harvey Oswald allegedly went for some reason in the months before Dallas, something about international agents, his stay in Russia or whatever, maybe someone remembers. Or was it Mexico City where he OR a lookalike went, and , I think, was photographed? Wouldn't that kind of people be interested in phone companies?

I've just come from cleaning up my faves list, and under "Daddy's Little Princess" at http://www.konformist.com/jonbenet.htm I think there's such a theory, due to JR's international travel. I'm reminded also of "The Jackal", Bruce Willis version, where he does something to a woman and tells her boyfriend or husband "You can't protect your women," which I think could well be the message intended for JR too from someone jealous of him. Just a thought.

SBC was one of the top employers with dozens of locations and thousands of employees. They could have worked at the same time and never meet each other. San Antonio was the only BIG city between Dallas and mexico and we have oodles of fed agencies here including immigration. Good spot to lay low, tourists are everywhere. Its also not far to New Orleans where he meet up with contacts involved in the plot.

She was being abused by her family and some member of it killed and the
rest helped cover it up. There is not one single piece of evidence that says the R's didnt do this.

LE don't feel that any of the family did it, and they surely have more to go on than we do.

My gut feeling is the child was being abused by some fairly regular visitor, but the fam don't know exactly which one. There was some DNA, male, maybe "planted", which I really don't think the family are criminal enough to do. Their choice of friends is just awfully questionable.

(One example, S. Stine, allegedly impersonating an LE person, and not letting police in who were responding on the 23rd to an interrupted 911 call. They didn't have a warrant, so they couldn't insist on entering?)

Another thing, ST's book says there had been a kitchen remodelling just before Thanksgiving which the family didn't mention to police. Thanksgiving is only a month before Christmas.

But I really think it was someone at the party on the 23rd, who maybe overheard the Whites inviting the R's to their house for Christmas Day.

Re The Unfamiliar Blue (?) Van parked across the street that morning, which JR noticed but did not really report to LE....Sorry, I don't remember which book, maybe DOI.

Was any neighbor on vacation, so that their driveway may have been used by someone else? The Barnhills' boarder, GM, crashed the party on the 23rd, saying the dogs were barking and he got nervous across the street by himself. Was someone from that van sneaking around? I'll bet some neighbors were away for the holidays. Also, hadn't a couple of unfamiliar vehicles been seen, and does anyone remember which day?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back