Anthony A Shore, Death Row, & JonBenet?

KatherineQ said:
Is this a sample of Shore's handwriting? Where it says "no photo yet" on the drawn graphic? Not sure if that's his handwriting. If it is, it doesn't appear to match the Ramsey ransom note - the "no photo yet" has very straight lines, not the curvy wormy lines in the ransom note.

http://www.todesstrafe-usa.de/death_penalty/voices_tx_shore.htm
Is that a victory sign he's flashing?! I.E. the ransom note, Victory - SBTC. While I agree at first glance the "curvy" aspects of the ransom note are dissimilar, it's likely (perhaps possible is a better word) that the writer conciously altered his normal writing style

thelmadawg said:
...Is that a victory sign he's flashing?! I.E. the ransom note, Victory - SBTC. While I agree at first glance the "curvy" aspects of the ransom note are dissimilar, it's likely (perhaps possible is a better word) that the writer conciously altered his normal writing style

This is a very interesting thread. I remember everyone was irritated at Lighthouse, and guess he's long gone. There's some interesting points in here. The guy must have been so busy, with a day job and all those extra ones in music and art, he doesn't sound like he could work up a hate, but must have or he wouldn't be where he is.

Could the R's have met him when they were in Texas the summer before JonBenet died? Didn't Judith Philips say JonBenet had lost her childhood innocent look when they returned and they seemed different, besides the new diamond ring?

sissi said:
I don't believe serial killers need a motive. Picking a victim can just be circumstance, a crossing of paths.
Exactly. Which is why a serial killer of that type would never have bothered to write a personal ransom note which he then left behind together with the body.

Having slept on it, I need to correct my above post. Probably the "Letter from Prison" is all lies, about his being into music and art, playing with celebrities, right?

He didn't usually write ransom notes, not part of his usual "m.o." But serial killers do sometimes vary their m.o. The R's could have met him in Texas, so have they been asked, and do they know anything about this?

The missing Christmas morning video may have been taken by the perp if there was one, jealous of families and their happiness and success.

But police saying their phones weren't working, and a lot of bungling, actually suggests a lot more than one person? Calls for speculation, I know. Ofc French said he didn't open the door because it had been painted and seemed stuck, right? Baloney? :confused:

Eagle1 said:
Having slept on it, I need to correct my above post. Probably the "Letter from Prison" is all lies, about his being into music and art, playing with celebrities, right?

He didn't usually write ransom notes, not part of his usual "m.o." But serial killers do sometimes vary their m.o. The R's could have met him in Texas, so have they been asked, and do they know anything about this?

The missing Christmas morning video may have been taken by the perp if there was one, jealous of families and their happiness and success.

But police saying their phones weren't working, and a lot of bungling, actually suggests a lot more than one person? Calls for speculation, I know. Ofc French said he didn't open the door because it had been painted and seemed stuck, right? Baloney? :confused:

Eagle1,

So if Fleet White says he opened the door and saw nothing, does this help any?

Fleet White even went back and perused the crime-scene picking up items for close inspection, do you think he had suspicions ?

I know of evidence that will contradict what John Ramsey stated wrt immediately seeing JonBenet's corpse in the wine-cellar!

The missing Christmas morning video may show some household scenes that were different the following day, e.g. the result of forensic cleansing?

UKGuy said:
Eagle1,

So if Fleet White says he opened the door and saw nothing, does this help any?

Fleet White even went back and perused the crime-scene picking up items for close inspection, do you think he had suspicions ?

I know of evidence that will contradict what John Ramsey stated wrt immediately seeing JonBenet's corpse in the wine-cellar!

The missing Christmas morning video may show some household scenes that were different the following day, e.g. the result of forensic cleansing?

To start with the last question first, what sort of forensic cleansing do you mean? Obviously you have a scenario in mind. Sounds interesting.

Re FW, I'm with AussieSheila, not at all sure about him.

Bring it on, the evidence contradicting what JR said upon seeing the body, okay?

Thelmadawg, I was just reading through this whole thread again, and wish I knew how to combine your posts #1 and 7 from February as a quote. There's an awful lot of similarities there. The R's did visit Texas the previous summer. I forget what month. And Nehemiah says JR used to work for the phone company, which uses prussic knots and black friction tape, could be referred to as SBTC. The word "Victory" could have been just to make it seem like a small foreign terrorist faction?

In view of all that, folks, maybe there was someone with him, another phoneco employee or veteran, who wrote the ransom note... or... since it's a lie, like the letter from prison, maybe writing something is occasionally part of his m.o.?

Let's not forget the walker the Barnhills saw, who may have been sent by someone to turn off the outside light, and who may have stayed for whatever was going to happen, and the police saying they couldn't call for backup because their PHONES weren't working. SBTC employees would know how to easily arrange that, right? Maybe we should make a numbered list of these things and see how many there are.

This guy gives his address, in one of the links above. Anyone care to ask him any questions before he gets executed or clams up?

Great sleuthing everyone, but why would the Ramsey's cover up the death of their daughter for a serial killer?

narlacat said:
Great sleuthing everyone, but why would the Ramsey's cover up the death of their daughter for a serial killer?
Because the read Thomas Harris' novels and watched the movies and fell in love with Hannibal Lecter, like I did.

While perhaps not our perp, he IS interesting ( in no particular order) :

1. Predator of primarily young women and children -- in home, street.
2. Cunning and premeditative -- Hi IQ psychopath
3. Killed with garrote device
4. Stalked
5. SBTC: Southern Bell Telephone Company
6. Arrogant, controlling, narcissistic, poor father relationship (Killer shows great disdain for the Ramsey father figure)
7. About 15 hours from Boulder
8. Prison art shows him displaying V for Victory sign (Ransom Note)
9. Unknown how many murders actually committed
10. If not mistaken, last known and or admitted murder was in July of 1995.
11. As a musician known to perform at various venues and schools, possibly could have performed at a JB pageant, or variously as an SBTC employee been in some way exposed to Ramsey PR.
12. "Religious" conversion when young -- didactic and rigid views -- albeit totally contrary to his murderous pursuits. (Psalm references)
13 Lineman tools and devices similar to JB MO. Prusik knots, rope, tape, possible lineman's (climbing) rope possible 911 call from outside home, i.e. tapped line.
14. In at least one instance when his victim remained undiscovered he called local media to report the location. (Ransom note variation)

If we are not looking into the eyes of the actual perp, I believe we are looking at a dark soul very much like Anthony Shore, and that in itself is a clue. This was not a newbie crime. It was carefully premeditated and likely by a suspect who had previously murdered or violently raped and home invaded.

I agree with a previous post that he generally killed in the Houston area, as far as we know, and he most often dumped the bodies. But did his arrogance direct a path to a high profile family with a perfect victim?

Where was Anthony Shore in December of 1995? Has his DNA been run against the DNA sample found, if indeed, the sample represents the killer's DNA?

So many questions. So few answers!

One doesn't extend their thumb outward when giving the victory sign. Instead it would be folded inward on the palm, along with the ring and pinkie fingers.

-Tea

thelmadawg said:
While perhaps not our perp, he IS interesting ( in no particular order) :

1. Predator of primarily young women and children -- in home, street.
2. Cunning and premeditative -- Hi IQ psychopath
3. Killed with garrote device
4. Stalked
5. SBTC: Southern Bell Telephone Company
6. Arrogant, controlling, narcissistic, poor father relationship (Killer shows great disdain for the Ramsey father figure)
7. About 15 hours from Boulder
8. Prison art shows him displaying V for Victory sign (Ransom Note)
9. Unknown how many murders actually committed
10. If not mistaken, last known and or admitted murder was in July of 1995.
11. As a musician known to perform at various venues and schools, possibly could have performed at a JB pageant, or variously as an SBTC employee been in some way exposed to Ramsey PR.
12. "Religious" conversion when young -- didactic and rigid views -- albeit totally contrary to his murderous pursuits. (Psalm references)
13 Lineman tools and devices similar to JB MO. Prusik knots, rope, tape, possible lineman's (climbing) rope possible 911 call from outside home, i.e. tapped line.
14. In at least one instance when his victim remained undiscovered he called local media to report the location. (Ransom note variation)

If we are not looking into the eyes of the actual perp, I believe we are looking at a dark soul very much like Anthony Shore, and that in itself is a clue. This was not a newbie crime. It was carefully premeditated and likely by a suspect who had previously murdered or violently raped and home invaded.

I agree with a previous post that he generally killed in the Houston area, as far as we know, and he most often dumped the bodies. But did his arrogance direct a path to a high profile family with a perfect victim?

Where was Anthony Shore in December of 1995? Has his DNA been run against the (JBR) DNA sample found, if indeed, the sample represents the killer's DNA?

So many questions. So few answers!

Phone companies? JR once worked for one? Where? Maybe Shore worked for someone who was into some kind of anti-american activities, who considered the Ramseys the American Dream family. At one of the homes-tours, a woman came out yelling at JR as he was parking his car, about excesses.

Any new thoughts on Anthony Shore? A lot of simiilarities possibly. Does anyone know of any books about his crimes?

Southern Bell is now BellSouth..but I don't recall when they changed the name.It was several yrs ago.

Did that perp ever write ransom notes?

The ransom note is the among the most damaging piece of circumstantial evidence in the JBR case: written on pen and paper from the Ramsey home, with Patsy Ramsey in all probability being the author.

rashomon said:
Did that perp ever write ransom notes?

The ransom note is the among the most damaging piece of circumstantial evidence in the JBR case: written on pen and paper from the Ramsey home, with Patsy Ramsey in all probability being the author.

rashomon,

Assuming that you are correct, what do you conclude?

Trose said:
Information on Southern Bell, nka Bell South.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_System
Did you find where it said it quite utilizing Southern bell and went to utilizing Bell South. I found one place where it mentioned 1984 in the breakups Bell South was one that kept using the name but it was Southern Bell before Bell South correct........I am no expert. Mountain Bell has been everything out here from Ma Bell to Qwest.

UKGuy said:
rashomon,

Assuming that you are correct, what do you conclude?
That a family member was responsible for JB's death, and that the ransom note was written to cover up for this family member, whoever it was (Patsy herself, John or Burke) .
My post was directed to the people who believe JB's death was the work of an intruder.
But imo Patsy being the author of the ransom note note blows such a theory apart.

Eagle1 said:
Phone companies? JR once worked for one? Where? Maybe Shore worked for someone who was into some kind of anti-american activities, who considered the Ramseys the American Dream family. At one of the homes-tours, a woman came out yelling at JR as he was parking his car, about excesses.
John Ramsey worked for AT&T who was the parent of the all of the Telephone Companies in the US until divestiture which occured 1/1/84.

It is possible that JR had some connection with any of the telephone companies depending upon the position he had. Long Distance and International Long Lines were provided by AT&T and local telephone service was provided by the local Bell Telephone Companies. Employees of local and long distance service worked together on a daily basis and utilized the linemen from the local telephone companies for installation of services.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back