GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ocean!
I was so happy when the perp. of Brianna Dennison was caught and then for Anne's (suspected) attacker to be apprehended ~ Wow~ what a blessed Thanksgiving! Now, if we could just get some action on Tara Grinstead and the Weleetka case...........

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving holiday.

Hi Ocean!
I was so happy when the perp. of Brianna Dennison was caught and then for Anne's (suspected) attacker to be apprehended ~ Wow~ what a blessed Thanksgiving! Now, if we could just get some action on Tara Grinstead and the Weleetka case...........

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving holiday.

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I hope yours was fantastic as well!

Yes, when I hear of these cases being solved it does give me renewed faith to never give up hope on the others that mean so much to all of us here and their families.

Nice to "see" you. :blowkiss:

On KTHV tonight Liz Massey said that " Police say he has never done time in the state of Arkansas." So where HAS he done time??

I forgot who mentioned on the other thread that the LR online community has had rumblings for weeks regarding the perp being black due to hair analysis... I had heard that as well as the two black males theory based on DNA. But, for some reason, I still thought WM 30-45, obsessed with Anne, etc. Obviously, I was way off base! But I am glad they caught him!

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-11-27-tvanchor-murdercharges_N.htm?csp=34

Snipped

LITTLE ROCK (AP) — Police for weeks had neither a suspect nor a motive in the beating death of a popular television anchorwoman. A suspect is now in custody, but many questions remain unanswered.

Officers arrested Curtis Lavelle Vance, 28, at a home in Little Rock on Wednesday night — tipped to his location after police held a late-evening news conference to reveal him as their suspect, said Lt. Terry Hastings, a police spokesman.

Vance was charged with capital murder in the death of Anne Pressly. The 26-year-old anchorwoman, who had a small part in the President George W. Bush biopic "W.", died Oct. 25 — five days after being severely beaten in what police described as a random attack at her home.

That is good news. Another killer off the streets. I'm sure that is a big relief to her family.

This was wonderful news the man was arrested and that is was a random crime instead of someone who knew her. I know this does not ease the families pain, but the arrest will be able to bring closure, this was a senseless crime and so sad.

wowza! what a wonderful turn of events here. I hadn't checked in for the last few days since I was busy cooking for 25 people - so this is just great to be able to read this today!

OK, so....

His arrest was not for a simple traffic violation. It said that he provided false identification when he was pulled over for a traffic viloation. That will certainly earn you an orange jumpsuit, even if it's only for a quick mugshot, fingerprints, and a slap on the wrist the next day from a judge. However it will not mean you need to porvide DNA.

My guess is that the $50K reward lead the the "tip" they received and perhaps they were able to match prints. Or he was being followed for a while and somehow they were able to get a DNA sample from a cigarette butt or something else he had contact with (is that even legal? or do I watch too much TV?)

I know we all say don't believe rumors - but I think we discount them too quickly sometimes too. The rumor about 2 black men being determined by DNA/hair I think will pan out. I bet that Vance did not operate alone and there will be another arrest soon enough.

As for the theory of a paid for hire attack....we shall see. That certainly would make this case much more sensational, but I hope it's not true, as it will make her death that much more cruel to her friends and family.

So question, if he was only charged with Capital Murder does that mean there was no rape?

Apparently he was not "armed and dangerous"

"Earlier Wednesday night, Thomas said Vance had fled his Marianna home with a woman and three young children. Vance was believed armed with a 9mm pistol and a load of ammunition, KATV reported, but police later said he wasn’t armed"

http://www.wowowow.com/post/suspect-arrested-arkansas-anchorwomans-brutal-death-video-149336

He is only "dangerous" when the threat is a single female, living alone, and he can sneak in and beat the fire out of her. What a wimpy, little, punk. I am so glad he is off the streets and away from the children of his girlfriend. I agree w/ Carla, they charged him w/ the biggest and baddest of the crimes and will probably add charges later.

So question, if he was only charged with Capital Murder does that mean there was no rape?

If there was no rape, it would make the rumors that someone was paid to rough her up, more believeable. IMO

(clip)

My guess is that the $50K reward lead the the "tip" they received and perhaps they were able to match prints. Or he was being followed for a while and somehow they were able to get a DNA sample from a cigarette butt or something else he had contact with (is that even legal? or do I watch too much TV?)

(clip)

Yes, it is legal. Once the item (cig, cup, soda bottle) is thrown away it is considered abandoned. I agree that the large reward may have loosened some lips. I hope they have the right guy (not that I"m doubting it) and the evidence is overwhelming. No matter why he did this (paid to rough up or just on his own) he needs to fry!

If there was no rape, it would make the rumors that someone was paid to rough her up, more believeable. IMO

Anne was sexually assaulted. (Rarely, is a female attacked w/out there being a sexual assault of some kind). Also John Walsh discussed this case on AMW and stated that she had been sexually assaulted.

There was a rape.

Also, the local paper today quotes LE as saying they will not release any information until trial. AND the hearing today is closed to the public. I'm sure if there is a second perp, this guy has already chirped.

Wow! This is how they caught him. What a lucky break.

http://www.arktimes.com/blogs/arkansasblog/2008/11/exclusive_pressly_case_evidenc.aspx

The DNA provided no hot trail immediately after the crime. Curtis Lavelle Vance (pictured), arrested early Thursday on a capital murder warrant, had no previous felony record, though he apparently had been photographed once in a jail uniform. That photo is likely related to what Police Chief Stuart Thomas said Thursday was an arrest for giving a false ID during a traffic stop, a violation serious enough to warrant a formal booking procedure.

But then came a big break. East Arkansas law officers investigating the rape of a woman in the vicinity of Vance's home town of Marianna identified him as a suspect in that case. (In that case, the woman was threatened with death before the rape. Note that LRPD credited Marianna police for help in the Vance arrest.) A DNA sample was taken from Vance in that investigation. I'm told that sample, analyzed by the state Crime Lab, produced a "hit" this week in both the East Arkansas case and the Pressly case.

also from the above blog. (take the term blog for what it is, but it sounds as if this person has a LE source)

Authorities also believe that a pistol may have been used in Pressly's beating. A bloody imprint of a weapon was found on her bedding.

I can't contribute details on what led Vance to Pressly's home. I think many in the law enforcement community believe she was stalked, but that is only speculation.

My source says Pressly was not raped, as has been reported in several places. Her attacker may have killed her for refusing to submit.

Anne was sexually assaulted. (Rarely, is a female attacked w/out there being a sexual assault of some kind). Also John Walsh discussed this case on AMW and stated that she had been sexually assaulted.

I figured she had been because I don't believe that robbery was the motive.

http://www.arktimes.com/blogs/arkansasblog/2008/11/exclusive_pressly_case_evidenc.aspx

The DNA provided no hot trail immediately after the crime. Curtis Lavelle Vance (pictured), arrested early Thursday on a capital murder warrant, had no previous felony record, though he apparently had been photographed once in a jail uniform. That photo is likely related to what Police Chief Stuart Thomas said Thursday was an arrest for giving a false ID during a traffic stop, a violation serious enough to warrant a formal booking procedure.

But then came a big break. East Arkansas law officers investigating the rape of a woman in the vicinity of Vance's home town of Marianna identified him as a suspect in that case. (In that case, the woman was threatened with death before the rape. Note that LRPD credited Marianna police for help in the Vance arrest.) A DNA sample was taken from Vance in that investigation. I'm told that sample, analyzed by the state Crime Lab, produced a "hit" this week in both the East Arkansas case and the Pressly case.

That article mentions that Pressly may have been "stalked." I saw her parents on tv this a.m. and they alluded to that as well. They said she 'had a high profile,' around town because of her being a news personality.

We've seen this before. Pretty news anchor being murdered in her home. One was found murdered in her apartment and I believe it remains unsolved. Another was abducted at her car in the early morning hours and has never been found. That case too, remains unsolved.

Hmmmm....wonder where this guy has been all these years?

JMHO
fran

Sadly Im sure sexual assault or rape was part of the attack. John Walsh let that out of the bag on a Fox TV interview (discussed on the first part of this thread a while back).

Goonie~
Thanks for this update. I have wondered all along how LE came to the conclusion that he was the murderer. Thank-God for DNA and lucky breaks. :)

I was shocked to read that LE had taken a DNA sample from him for another rape and that he stayed in the area. It is a blessing that he did not leave the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member