GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I said sadly the other day that the attacker in the Pressly case might have to attack someone else to leave/get more clues. Aparently that was the case. Good work to LE

DNA is what caught him. The "tip" was only to say where he was hiding after his name and picture was shown to the public.

I think I said sadly the other day that the attacker in the Pressly case might have to attack someone else to leave/get more clues. Aparently that was the case. Good work to LE

Hi Carla~
Yes, you did say that. I am thankful that the woman that identified him from the rape close to his home town, was able to id him and help LE. I realize that rape is very traumatic and a life changing trauma. I just hope that the young woman that was raped after Anne, can realize that she helped LE and that because of her bravery in reporting the rape, helped get a monster off of the streets.

The same article also state that Anne was NOT raped and the DNA was obtained via her saliva since she bit him (go Anne!) while fighting him off. I hope she left a nice mark.

My guess is he attempted to rape her and when she fought back vs. submitted he pistol whipped her with the gun he threatend to kill her with.

So here's my next question - and this is about "intent" and the charge of capital murder. I think his intent was to rape seeing as he raped but did not kill his next victim. I think when Anne "bit" him he flipped out and beat her. He left but dd not finish her off (earlier some suspected he assummed she was dead) so how does the degress of murder work? Is it possible he will get off with murder II?

The same article also state that Anne was NOT raped and the DNA was obtained via her saliva since she bit him (go Anne!) while fighting him off. I hope she left a nice mark.

My guess is he attempted to rape her and when she fought back vs. submitted he pistol whipped her with the gun he threatend to kill her with.

So here's my next question - and this is about "intent" and the charge of capital murder. I think his intent was to rape seeing as he raped but did not kill his next victim. I think when Anne "bit" him he flipped out and beat her. He left but dd not finish her off (earlier some suspected he assummed she was dead) so how does the degress of murder work? Is it possible he will get off with murder II?

Isn't it considered murder 1 if it's during the course of a felony, ie attempted rape? He was in her bedroom in her own home to either rob or rape her, imo.

JMHO
fran

I believe he tried to rape her and when she fought back he killed her. I believe since he had a weapon and he attempted to rape her which resulted in her death that's why it's a capital crime. I could be wrong. But I think that's why he's charged with capital murder.

Thanks Fran, I believe you are correct.

In most states, first-degree murder is defined as an unlawful killing that is both willful and premeditated, meaning that it was committed after planning or "lying in wait" for the victim.

For example, Dan comes home to find his wife in bed with Victor. Three days later, Dan waits behind a tree near Victor's front door. When Victor comes out of the house, Dan shoots and kills him.

Most states also adhere to a legal concept known as the "felony murder rule," under which a person commits first-degree murder if any death (even an accidental one) results from the commission of certain violent felonies -- usually arson, burglary, kidnapping, rape, and robbery.

Nomad,
Thanks for Topix link. It is interesting to say the least.

Goonie~
The article does say that Anne was not raped. But, I have wondered about "sexual assault". Sadly, there is more than one way a victim can be subjected to a sexual style assault and it not be considered "rape". The article did say that pubic hairs were found at the scene. We will just have to be patient until LE releases more info. I continue to be thankful that at least he is off the streets.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=6352240

Mystery Motive
Police have yet to identify a motive in the crime.
"We don't think there's any connection there. We think it's an opportunity that he saw. May have seen Anne at a gas station or some place else and simply followed her and took advantage of the situation there. But we can't find any connection between these two at all," Hastings said.

Fox News is saying that the Cannady's were not present at the arraingment since it was done in the Pulaski County Jail and not the court house due to the holiday.

Sadly Patti will now have to wait until the trial to look Vance in the eye.

I am sure glad that creep is off the streets so he can't hurt another.

More about the Vance and his criminal record. One attack is similar to Annes... got into her house "without forced entry" and assaulted her...

http://www.thnews.com/article.php?id=7031

I personally would like to stuff this sack of puss feet first into a wood chipper.
Me too!

On April 21, police said Vance allegedly entered the teacher’s home. The victim told police she had just gotten out of the shower, fixed a cup of coffee and was heading to a back room when she noticed a black male subject standing in the corner of her living room.

The underlined part of the sentence sent chills through out my body. Is this rape the one that they had DNA from or was there another that was more recent? I am betting this monster will have a long lists of rapes that he is responsible for.

This guy and Brianna Denison's killer were caught pretty much the same time. Such similar MO's and both were basically "law abiding" up until their big arrest. DNA nails them, both rapists and now murderers. Scary how many of these creeps could be operating the same way.

Me too!

On April 21, police said Vance allegedly entered the teacher’s home. The victim told police she had just gotten out of the shower, fixed a cup of coffee and was heading to a back room when she noticed a black male subject standing in the corner of her living room.

The underlined part of the sentence sent chills through out my body. Is this rape the one that they had DNA from or was there another that was more recent? I am betting this monster will have a long lists of rapes that he is responsible for.

The most recent rape IS the rape they have the DNA from. He was ID'd by the victim and submitted to DNA testing last week. They then ran the DNA and got a hit with Anne's case.

... and both were basically "law abiding" up until their big arrest. DNA nails them, both rapists and now murderers. Scary how many of these creeps could be operating the same way.

I wouldn't call him law abiding particularly. He just hadn't gotten nailed.

Me too!

I wonder how he is getting in their homes without any signs of forced entry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn