GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awww thanks for the kind words, Savvy. You pass the concrete plant and I drive by the EZ Mart, Subway and place he was arrested almost daily. Creepy and yes, we ARE neighbors. Central Arkansas is so diverse and yet remains a small town.

I agree with you on the vehicle getting stuck but I can't imagine being the guy he flagged down, once the bloody AL photo was released he must have been shocked.

Also, agree with you about him being narcissist. I'm sure in some odd way he loved CL as much as he knew how. Maybe she was the best thing that had ever happened to him? I just kind of figured with his prideful & cocky attitude, if he knew she filed, he would have moved on to the next one. However, I know he doesn't have many female options at this point!

Actually, he wouldn't just move on. He has to be the one who doesn't want contact. If she is the one who doesn't want contact, it throws a narcissistic abusive person into an obsessive mania. They canNOT handle rejection.

Eta: on Beverly.. I also drive past Scott exit or her church almost daily. It is a small community.
I so want justice for the loss of this wonderful person from our community!

They will be tried separately so Im thinking the one that didn't actually kill Beverly will be more apt to testify against the other for a possible lesser charge.

Awww thanks for the kind words, Savvy. You pass the concrete plant and I drive by the EZ Mart, Subway and place he was arrested almost daily. Creepy and yes, we ARE neighbors. Central Arkansas is so diverse and yet remains a small town.

I agree with you on the vehicle getting stuck but I can't imagine being the guy he flagged down, once the bloody AL photo was released he must have been shocked.

Also, agree with you about him being narcissist. I'm sure in some odd way he loved CL as much as he knew how. Maybe she was the best thing that had ever happened to him? I just kind of figured with his prideful & cocky attitude, if he knew she filed, he would have moved on to the next one. However, I know he doesn't have many female options at this point!

Hey, if Charles Manson can find a bride... :rolls eyes: sheesh

He knows she has filed.

About spousal privilege...am I correct that even though a person is entitled to spousal privilege, they don't HAVE to use it? Even after reading the article posted above that isn't clear to me.
For example; AL cannot be forced to testify against CL, but if he chooses to do so, he can. In effect, he can rat her out to make a deal if he chooses too and CL has no control over that if HE doesn't claim spousal privilege.

About spousal privilege...am I correct that even though a person is entitled to spousal privilege, they don't HAVE to use it? Even after reading the article posted above that isn't clear to me.
For example; AL cannot be forced to testify against CL, but if he chooses to do so, he can. In effect, he can rat her out to make a deal if he chooses too and CL has no control over that if HE doesn't claim spousal privilege.

Best I can tell from my reading of what was posted that sounds correct.

Disclaimer: Contrary to popular belief, I do not work for an attorney nor am I friends with any attorney's assistant. HA HA That is my opinion after reading what was posted.

I just want to know what happened!!!

It's driving me nuts.... The not knowing.

I think we all feel that way to a certain extent but I can't even imagine how horrible the waiting is for you, NJ and others who know people who are involved.

I'm BAAAAAACK! Can't believe we are on thread #7 talking about this case of sweet Beverly. As involved as I am with this board, talking or thinking about it in some form everyday, it still seems SO unreal to me that she is gone. I know that her family made it through their first holiday without her but now I'm just thinking about Christmas and what a huge VOID it will be without her. Such a huge, senseless loss for her family and our community.

My sister always says "you can't make sense out of nonsense" and boy do I agree with that one. Like pp have said, difficult to get into the mind of AL as he came up with this scheme for whatever reason he did.

My family member did tell me the same thing about AL's truck being stuck on Jax/Cato road and that wasn't too many miles from where he lived.

As difficult as it may be to process, I join the rest of you in eagerly waiting to hear "the rest of the story"...whatever it is.

I was also up late that night when locals were asked to search their property or vacant buildings for Beverly. I remember having a flicker of hope that maybe she was just somewhere waiting to be rescued. In my FB circle, we had already had so much incorrect information given, a couple of days before she was found, someone posted a condolence message on her FB page to the family. She hadn't been found yet, everyone was still out looking for her and a friend of the family had heard through the rumor mill that she had been found deceased. So, that was the first time we thought she was gone, then we had that flicker of hope that she was still out there just waiting to be rescued, then the horrible news that she had been found. Even in all that, I am grateful that she was found. I know many families never get that and I am thankful that her family was able to be given the blessing of her being found.

Just my random thoughts on this rainy morning in Arkansas....
bless you ♥

It was hard. My heart breaks. It also breaks for the Carters. What they are about to endure with the holidays and trial I cannot imagine. This trial is going to be crazy because of AL. My bet is that whatever they have on CL will work itself out and be straightforward. AL's portion is going to be all over the map crazy. God Bless the Carters and my friend CL. I even pray for AL. Everyone hurts in this.

Your absolutely right. I just thought about it. How horrible, not only does the Carter family have to live thru this nightmare but at least 2 trials! God Bless and give them strength! I don't even wish to imagine!

I know that BC's family said they had been kept in the dark a lot but I wonder if/when LE will tell them what they think happened. Sadly, we may never know the exact truth.

I hope Butler and NJ have family to spend the holiday with and altho this case has affected them alot, they know its ok to give their self permission to have a nice Christmas and some joy.

Tramadol is basically a synthetic opiate. It's a middle ground between ibuprofen and hydrocodone. It has a high potential for abuse but in my experience it's typically abused by people who are prone to addiction.

I've taken it, prescribed for a terrible muscle spasm I had in my neck that lasted several days. I was also prescribed hydrocodone at that time. The tramadol helped about the same as ibuprofen 800 mg. The hydrocodone helped more. The tramadol made me more tired than the hydrocodone does.

It seems to be pretty varied as to individual pain relief results, but I haven't personally seen anyone be unable to function in a normal way while taking it as prescribed. It also would depend on the dose and how a person metabolizes it.

This is related to a post in the last thread, in case anyone is wondering why it seems random.

They will be tried separately so Im thinking the one that didn't actually kill Beverly will be more apt to testify against the other for a possible lesser charge.

I still think it's possible neither of them actually physically killed her, but rather she died as a result of the kidnapping gone wrong. If I understand the law correctly, I believe they could both be charged as they have been due to her death occurring during the commission of a felony.

If this is the situation, then it's probably the one who didn't actively kidnap Beverly that will make a deal of some kind.

Sorry if this has been discussed already. From reading the Ark Dem Gaz, yesterday it stated that AL was carrying a gun on him when he was apprehended. First had heard of that. I know they charged him with 4 counts of firearms. Also He has been prev ordered undergo counseling for drug abuse. So right there tells us that he has had issues with at least some sort of drugs. AL was required to have psychological counseling in 2007 conviction for a federal probation violation. So what was it he was on Federal Probation for? It seems I saw some posts here on that but cant remember.

It says CL had a 401K of $11,000 and child support as income but hadn't worked since May, that she is a student. Also stated CL didn't own any property or vehicles. (This was on her public defender application). I thought CL also had a veh? Must be in someone else's name.

Pros agreed to separate trials. CL lawyers didn't ask for a trial date but asked for next court date when AL has his so they can see what the psychological exam results deem before they ask for a trial date.

Interesting about the formal charges filing

Rule 8.6. Time For Filing Formal Charge.

If the defendant is continued in custody subsequent to the first appearance, the prosecuting attorney shall file an indictment or information in a court of competent jurisdiction within sixty days of the defendant's arrest. Failure to file an indictment or information within sixty days shall not be grounds for dismissal of the case against the defendant, but shall, upon motion of the defendant, result in the defendant's release from custody unless the prosecuting attorney establishes good cause for the delay. If good cause is shown, the court shall reconsider bail for the defendant.

Reporter's Notes: This rule is intended to address the problem identified in State v. Pulaski County Circuit Court, 326 Ark. 886, 934 S.W. 2d 915 (1996), modified on rehearing, 327 Ark. 287, 938 S.W. 2d 815 (1997), wherein the person was arrested without a warrant, was continued in custody beyond his first appearance in municipal court, but waited over two months before his case was formally filed in circuit court by the filing of an information. This rule contemplates that, in the typical case, formal charges should be filed within a reasonable time following an arrest with sufficient latitude being given for circumstances that are beyond the prosecuting attorney's control and which necessitate a delay in the filing of formal charges. Nothing in this rule shall be construed to abrogate the defendant's privilege to file an application for writ of habeas corpus or any other applicable extraordinary remedy.
https://courts.arkansas.gov/rules-and-administrative-orders/rules-of-criminal-procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82