Found Deceased AR - John Glasgow, 45, Little Rock, 28 January 2008

John Glasgow: I was very glad to see Disappeared feature his missing person status/story.

I know it may be as simple as he walked away.
But, ever since I first read about this case, I felt there was more to it
than that.

JMO:
Dillard's. It is a huge corporation.
Maybe, their stance toward John made him want to run and take any focus off his family.
?
Maybe, his disappearance is at their hand's... as in the stuff of all the The Firm
kind of movies.
I certainly do not know.
And as I said, JMO>

I just hope he can be found. Or there is an answer, something to ease his family's mind.

I watched the Disappeared show on Monday, and this case has been on my mind since. I find that the show raises more questions for me than it answers.

Starting at the beginning, are we sure that John was the one driving his vehicle when it left his home? John was very well-off, I assume his residence has some sort of security system. Were there any cameras? One thought I kept having while watching was that John may not have left the house alive. Would it have been possible for someone to gain access to the home without tripping a security system? Did John turn off the system to let someone in or go out to meet someone before the 5:15 departure time? The neighbor could not verify that John was driving, only that he saw the vehicle leave.

John's phone was turned on at the same time he left the house and helped track his vehicle. Was it customary for him to turn his phone off at night and turn it back on when he left for work? Most people I know leave their phones on all of the time. Perhaps someone turned it on as a red herring because they wanted the search centered on the mountain instead of where it should have been.

Also, while my gut says that John's wife Balinda does not know what happened to her husband, but was she ever given a polygraph test? There is the possibility that something happened in the house or that Balinda knew he was walking away and why. She says they had a conversation discussing their options only a week or so before the disappearance, maybe what happened was one of the options they discussed. It was customary for John to come home for lunch, was it for Balinda as well? Did she usually communicate with him throughout the day? She knew that he had left early without showering or making coffee, and then didn't talk to him at all. Yet she didn't have a clue that something was wrong until John's colleague called her at 2:30. Was that an unusual amount of time for her to not realize it?

The dog picking up the scent at the same Waffle House where the server was 100% certain that he had served John is a fantastic coincidence. Were the rooms that the dog lead them to searched or fingerprinted? Do they know who was staying in those rooms in the weeks following the disappearance? Have these leads been checked out? Were the security cameras at the gas station where the scent was picked up looked at? If John was at these places, he had to have had help getting down the mountain or help driving the car up to the lodge. He could not have done those things by himself.

Is there a possibility that John was going to resign that day? All of his company issued cards and phone together in his company laptop case makes me wonder if this was the case and someone didn't want that to happen.

Whew! Lots of rambling going on in this post. I just wanted to get my thoughts out there and see if anyone could answer questions.

I, too, first learned of this case after watching Disappeared. I know it's horrible for the family to think, but it does seem as though he just disappeared. Just some things I've been wondering about:

1. Any banking activity since? What about any abnormal transactions shortly before? While it wouldn't provide much in the way of evidence, it might give some indication as to his intentions.

2. I saw SR dogs were present. Were, God forbid, cadaver dogs ever taken to the hotel/lodge place in the mountains?

3. Going along with the dogs, they didn't hit on the hotel room or Waffle House for no reason, IMO. Did WH have security tapes? Were the hotel records checked beyond if he was registered? Someone was there.

4. Has his SSN been tracked at all? I know in most states the time to declare someone legally dead is usually 7 years, so that's not an option at this point, but Discovery ID had a case not too long ago in which a father abandoned his family and started over in Galveston, TX, I believe. His wife had him declared legally dead and when she did that, she received a notice stating he wasn't dead. The way they found him was by tracking his SSN after that happened.

5. One thing that I have trouble getting past is that there were no prints found on the car. Just from grabbing the door handle, you're going to leave a print. It sounds as though it was wiped down...which wouldn't make sense if he was going to up and disappear on his own accord.

6. He left that area somehow. Are there any bus lines or anything that run close?

7. I assume both his work and personal computers were checked extensively?

8. All through the episode, I couldn't shake the idea that Dillard's had something to do with it. I know he was cleared eventually, but what happened before that? Did he find something that he either shouldn't have or that could've been detrimental to the Dillard's name?

I hope some answers are found in this case for the family.

I am fairly local and actually searched with TES one day on the mountain,
(I do not know anything other than what has been reported.) I met a brother and sister. If I recall he has several siblings and they are a close knit family.
I did not get the feeling that he "ran". I often think of this case and his family.

I had a few jumbled thoughts about this case after watching the Disappeared ep.

I agree with a PP that the dogs hitting a trail after a fairly credible sighting was significant.

He left all his work items together in a case and some of those items would have been out. The work cell, etc. Did he typically package all those things together? I can't imagine.

The password and bank account numbers written down on the pad were compelling tidbits, even if Melinda now discounts their importance. She says they had the password written down elsewhere in the house. But what wasn't mentioned on the Disappeared ep was that he also had left pre-signed checks for her to mail out. I'd love to know if this was usual behavior.

According to LE, he has never accessed his bank accounts since. There was more money in the safe than he and Melinda had discussed. Was he attempting to make sure she'd never be in a financial crisis?

He disappeared three days after he wrote the letter to Dillard's, but it's still unknown if that was ever sent, I guess.

I believe the dogs couldn't pick up a trail because he left his car and walked (hopefully) into one parked next to him.

My gut says he's living in a cabin somewhere living off the land. He loved the outdoors and felt at peace there. Maybe everything wasn't as idyllic in the marriage as alleged; there wouldn't even have to be major discord, but maybe the pressure was coming from more than one direction.

The only thing I can't wrap my brain around is the fingerprint/car anomaly and why LE was seemingly so quick to dismiss the sightings in Russellville. Is there a regional airport there? Train? Greyhound station? He could get a long way on what, to him, would be a fairly unnoticeable amount of cash. He could have started putting together an escape route on the 'worst day of his life.' Maybe he even intended to call for Melinda, but embarassment/fear/media attention has made him stay underground.

I watched the Disappeared episode last night and was very intrigued. The first thing I thought of was Ray Gricar - not to say they are related, their disappearences are just very similar.

One thing I don't recall being mentioned on the show was his computer records. Were his personal computers, work computer and/or laptop investigated to see what, if anything, he had been looking at? Any emails that were out of the ordinary? Google searches? Etc.

Given the circumstances, on paper it seems like a man who staged his disappearence however it just doesn't seem quite right. Was CDI ever able to figure out where that 7.1 million dollars went? I know John's family reads here and I certainly do not want to offend anyone by questioning John's character - by all accounts he seems like an honest, hard-working, responsible, good person. For the sake of looking at every possibility - is there a possibility John could have stashed some of the 7.1 million and that is what he is using to get by IF he did stage his disappearence which I don't really believe is the case but anything is possible.

The timing of his disappearence is just so suspect and raises so many different scenarios. Was John going to meet someone that morning regarding work, something so sensitive they wanted to meet outside of work or home. Someone from CDI or from Dillard's? Did John just need to clear his head so he drove out to Petit Jean to take an early morning hike before work- it IS interesting that is where his car was found considering it was a place he was familiar with. If so, then why did he leave everything work related in his car and then leave it unlocked? That doesn't make sense. Every scenario you can think of which makes some sense always seems to end with but....that doesn't really make sense in the end.

The situation with the sightings and the dogs in Russellville are interesting. The dogs went to the exact places John had reportedly been seen - that seems like more than just a coincidence. But if he did plan on getting away and starting over it seems unlikely he would spend 3wks in Russellville which was pretty close to his home and still in the news coverage area. Why would he do that? If I was going to run away I would go a lot further than less than 100 miles.
If someone was wearing John's clothes would the dogs still detect his smell enough to follow it 3wks later?

So many questions. I feel for the family. I couldn't imagine my husband vanishing in the first place but the vanish and then leave this trail of baffling clues would be unbearable.

An idea that was not discussed was whether someone came to the Petit Jean mountain lodge parking lot in another vehicle and picked John up. It would explain why the scent trails did not really go anyplace. He arranged to meet a helper or friend there, ditch his cell phone into water, and make it possible for everyone to think that he took his own life in a nice natural setting. He may have seen no other solution than to walk away. He obviously left his wife well provided for.

I just watched the show today and came directly here. I am baffled that he is SUCH a family man, worked O/T to figure out what was going on in the financial aspect of his job with Dillards. I have a sick feeling he came across something and possibly went to meet someone in regards to this. For someone to record his conversations, something is wrong there. Not to mention they go to the public saying John or the firm had done nothing wrong and a month later place the blame on them??? I also have a sick feeling about the fact that there were no finger prints on his car, not even his. Who's to say that something went wrong and the perp who may have had his scent on him is the person the dogs tracked. Could have been a hired hit. IMO.

Roger, Melinda and family... I am very sorry for what you and your family are going through.

I just watched the show today and came directly here. I am baffled that he is SUCH a family man, worked O/T to figure out what was going on in the financial aspect of his job with Dillards. I have a sick feeling he came across something and possibly went to meet someone in regards to this. For someone to record his conversations, something is wrong there. Not to mention they go to the public saying John or the firm had done nothing wrong and a month later place the blame on them??? I also have a sick feeling about the fact that there were no finger prints on his car, not even his. Who's to say that something went wrong and the perp who may have had his scent on him is the person the dogs tracked. Could have been a hired hit. IMO.

Roger, Melinda and family... I am very sorry for what you and your family are going through.

I have to generally agree here,

I could see murder or a forced departure i.e., "If you don't leave, we'll sue you and even if you win you'll be broke and you're reputation ruined. We'll give you enough money for a new start, and your wife will get your assets,"

I could also see someone saying, "Lay low for a few days while we sort this out," and them sending to killMr. Glasgow.

http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2011/02/07/death-declaration-sought-for-john-glasgow

Posted by Max Brantley on Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 5:00 PM

A petition has been filed in probate court seeking a death declaration for John Glasgow, the Little Rock construction company financial officer who's been missing since leaving his home early on the morning of Jan. 28, 2008. His car was later found at Petit Jean State Park, but no trace of him has been found.

1297109232-johnglasgow.jpg

I am absolutely positive that this man did not just decide to walk away from his life. I have nothing to base that on but my gut feeling, but I just can't bring myself to believe this was a "walk away".
Just a couple things that struck me as pecular. The only reason I can think of for a person to wipe away fingerprints is that of avoiding detection. A man who is going to walk away voluntarily has no reason to wipe his prints off his own vehicle. That simply makes no sense.
It also struck me as odd that he felt the need to "bug" his office phone line. I get that he felt his credibility was being called into question, but that just struck me as extreme. I had to wonder if maybe he was bugging his office line because he was afraid of some threat that he hadn't shared with anyone else. It also occured to me that maybe he had concerns of a collegue being involved in misconduct and bugged his office line in an effort to substantiate his suspicions. To be honest, I suspect we'll never know the truth behind the Dillards/CDI dispute.
Ultimately, I can't shake the feeling that the Dillards/CDI dispute had very little to do with Mr. Glasgow's disappearance. I've always believed that he went up to the mountain to "decompress" so to speak and met with a tragic accident. If only I could get past that fingerprint issue...
My thoughts and prayers are with Mr. Glasgow's loved ones. Every time I see something like this, I give my mom and dad a hug and thank the good lord that they are both still with me. I'm a very lucky person indeed.

John's website can no longer be accessed.

http://www.findjohnglasgow.com/

Interesting to see it taken down. Though pronounced dead, I would be figuring to keep a lookout.

As you know, I follow the Gricar case. In that one, the family website went down for about 8 months and was eventually replaced by a (now extremely dated) copy of the Wikipedia page on Mr. Gricar, without any contact information, even for law enforcement.

I don't think it is too strange for the Glasgow family, who has felt Mr. Glasgow is dead, to pull the site.

I am absolutely positive that this man did not just decide to walk away from his life. I have nothing to base that on but my gut feeling, but I just can't bring myself to believe this was a "walk away".
Just a couple things that struck me as pecular. The only reason I can think of for a person to wipe away fingerprints is that of avoiding detection. A man who is going to walk away voluntarily has no reason to wipe his prints off his own vehicle. That simply makes no sense.
It also struck me as odd that he felt the need to "bug" his office phone line. I get that he felt his credibility was being called into question, but that just struck me as extreme. I had to wonder if maybe he was bugging his office line because he was afraid of some threat that he hadn't shared with anyone else. It also occured to me that maybe he had concerns of a collegue being involved in misconduct and bugged his office line in an effort to substantiate his suspicions. To be honest, I suspect we'll never know the truth behind the Dillards/CDI dispute.
Ultimately, I can't shake the feeling that the Dillards/CDI dispute had very little to do with Mr. Glasgow's disappearance. I've always believed that he went up to the mountain to "decompress" so to speak and met with a tragic accident. If only I could get past that fingerprint issue...
My thoughts and prayers are with Mr. Glasgow's loved ones. Every time I see something like this, I give my mom and dad a hug and thank the good lord that they are both still with me. I'm a very lucky person indeed.

Took a while to get on here... Great site. Forums are just the best thing..
I have watched this show on ID about 3 times. Considering I am from the "STREET" I can put myself in the minds of the people involved. Not a big deal, but I solved my RX-7 being stolen 15 years ago. It did not take long for me to put together, how, where, who maybe, etc stole it. Not a friend, but considering the time of night, the apparent car the found with my vin plate, no motor, and only 4 hours later I knew they had to tow the "fake car to the place it was found, and they did it at night, so they had to be close. Anyway, when I called the detective they were amazed I had put it all together.

Just like this case, things fall right into place. How is it that all of a sudden 7.1 million dollars disapeared ? Because it did, and this poor guy was going to take the hit on it. But he did not take it, you can tell, he is a great guy, the kind of person I wish I had been raised to be. But I grew up rough, got it together now. Anyway, were was I !

To me, once he was accused of stealing the money he was going to find the problem. Once he finally figured out who was stealing it, he met with them at the hotel along side the waffle house at which point he was taken care of...
I believe it was someone that worked for Dillards, actually has to be the person that fed him the numbers. John would not have registered at the hotel of course, but the guy, or his hit man would have, or could have had someone else do it. I would have to guess after watching all these show that bad people from the street are smart too and know what and where the cops will look at and for.... So john met the guy and then disapear, they took his car to the mountains to make it look like he did himself. Theywipe all "their" print off. He was then taken away from the area and killed.

I would check all the people registered for up to a week before the disapearance at the hotel. Airline records coming into the area of people that may be connected to the area where the dillards home office is or the acct. that gave John the numbers. That guys phone records, his wifes cell phone , bank record, and anyone close to him, etc. This guy was also able to finally get Dillard to do a reinstatement, dah, he had to for closure and to get the eye off of him...

I guess once in a while the perfect crime is pulled off. 7.1 million and knocking off the guy who was going to turn you in is a perfect crime if you can get away with it.

I am truely sorry about your brother. Hopefully the Police will figure it out. But looking in your area, thinking it was a suicide, or he left the area are just plain mistakes. Follow the money and you will find the killer. If nothing else, an independent audit of the statements, and all acct. should be done by the FBI.

Sorry again, and for mistyping, or spelling,...

Barry Colbert

http://arkansasmatters.com/fulltext?nxd_id=498362

By: Lauren Trager, KARK 4 News
Updated: January 12, 2012

<snipped>

After the Rachel Cooke fiasco, I make it a point to disbelieve these kinds of things. Why would this guy be "contacted" to get rid of the body?
I do hope though that until LE gets around to checking that place again that they are keeping an eye on it.

IF (HUGE WORD) this guy is telling the truth, the people who put Mr. Glasgow feet under will have a chance to move him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back